All Walker's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

Forster Out of WWZ Sequel (Article) - 10/5/2013 10:55:19 AM

the low point in this movie is the final arc IMO.

I disagree.  The final act is the closest in spirit to the book.  The characters actually act smartly and use what they know about the zed-heads to defeat them.

Honestly, Israel should have known about the issues with sound already.  They should have had a sonic perimeter of music miles away from the city.  If they did that, they would have never fallen.

10 Most Realistic Sci-Fi Movies (Article) - 10/3/2013 7:32:11 AM

The primary problem with Blade Runner is the existence of colonies outside of the Solar System.  That makes it decidely more of a stretch than any of these, even though the depiction of Earth is very well done.

31 Days of Horror Movies: Night of the Lepus (Article) - 10/2/2013 12:50:44 PM

This movie is some quality schlock.  After all these years, I still love the line "The giant rabbits are coming. Roll up your windows."

Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Review (Article) - 9/20/2013 8:40:33 AM

With technology the way it is today, there is absolutely no reason for muffled audio and grainy images. Anybody see what Universal did with Lugosi's Dracula, tFrankenstein, and the Wolfman last year?

That is because these were recorded on film.  For a lot of Dr. Who episodes, even if they are not missing, the only thing that remains is video tape (not film).

10 Best Live-Action Shows Based on Comic Books (Article) - 9/19/2013 11:01:28 AM

I grew up watching the Incredible Hulk.  It was a good show, but lord was it a downer.  I always felt melanchony after each epsidoe.

Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors Review (Article) - 9/19/2013 7:47:26 AM

Is the animation better than or comparable to The Invasion?  That was the first attempt to animate missing episodes. I was a bit underwhelmed by it.  Honestly, a random Adult Swim staff member could animate quicker and better.

Star Trek: Into Darkness Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 9/15/2013 7:50:16 AM

Let first say that I really liked the 2009 reboot. But I did not like this movie.

The problem I had with this movie is simple: if you had never seen Wrath of Kahn, would you understand why Kahn is a threat? Taken in this movie by itself, many of his actions appear somewhat justified (while there is collateral damage, he hits primarily military targets). The Enterprise crew turn on him first, based on the word of TOS Spock. None of their actions make sense without Wrath of Kahn.

Honest Trailer's take down of this movie was pretty spot on.

The Fall of '83: Revenge of the Ninja (Article) - 9/9/2013 8:52:05 AM

This movie is the one that Ninja Assassin was paying homage too when it gave Sho Kosugi a role (after not having done a ninja movie for 15 years).  I am not ashamed to say that I saw that movie just because Sho was in it.

The Fall of '83: Nightmares (Article) - 9/2/2013 7:37:55 AM

The video game segment always reminded me of Wizard of Wor. It was one of the first speech synthesized games, and it would  taunt you in the arcade.

Mania Box Office Report: Elysium (Article) - 8/11/2013 6:28:19 PM

The really bad news is if you read the world box office.  Pacific Rim opened in Japan this week to only 3 million.  That is pretty horrible for a kaiju film.

WALKER'S MANIACAL PERSONA