All Wiseguy's Comments

Showing items 51 - 60 of 15,950

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 9:26:16 AM

This pick and choosing of what fans accept is what makes me say there's no purists here. Blake was a huge part of Thor's origin. Hulk another major change. Guradians major changes.

vio once Marvel's storyline runs it's course I really wouldn't have a problem if they rebooted all and changed everyone. Fuck it make it the milestones version

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 9:18:06 AM

vio Miles has extra powers, camouflage and venom strike which is like an electric jolt

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 8:50:50 AM

ElDogg I disagree. Trank has a history with Jordan and always wanted him for the role. Never heard anyone say they were looking for a black guy but rather that the actor could fit the role. Doesn't change the character at all in the end. You can have black and white siblings

Heimdall the White God? That was all about getting Elba in a Marvel film if you ask me.

And Miles' origin can be altered too just like Marvel has done pretty much with all their heroes xcept maybe Cap

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 8:46:59 AM

ignorant :)

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 8:28:11 AM

And if you can accept black Fury the I can't see the argument's validation against it

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 8:25:48 AM

Yeah I could flo with it. White Torch got 2 films and Peter got 5 so although not my preference I can get past it.

And I can actually see Sony reasoning to go with Miles maybe thinking there's Peter fatigue already and diminishing returns to prove it. Even though Istill doubt it but if done the buzz alone would make the film a must see for most

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 8:05:23 AM

"just for the sake of change" ? what exactly does that mean? you guys have my lawyer side coming out :)

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 7:47:50 AM

I prefer they go with Peter. I want to see HIM in the MCU.

My point is that I wouldn't be that upset with Miles being used. Maybe they'll conclude that 5 Peter Parker films are enough. That this way you can easier explain away the other films non-relation to the MCU or a ton of other reasons.

As for Marvel 616 loyalty? see that's what I call selective purism. Did we forget the Mandarin already? Donald Blake? Drax's true origin? Black Heimdall? and believe me I could go on especially if we get into AOS or of powers

Don't get me wrong, I approve of most of the changes they've made. MOST have gone over well but let's not claim "purist". Let's just say what changes you like, dislike or don't mind.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 7:36:49 AM

Maybe she'll want to use Miles to squash some of the criticism she got over her Obama jokes due to the leaked e-mails and shut up the pc police and appease Al Sharpton

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/13/2015 7:17:56 AM

I always said I don't mind change if at least there was a shot at the true source and Raimi did that for us with one of the best superhero films ever.

As for purists? yeah I once considered myself that and true I still prefer films be faithful to the source but this is rarely the case even with the MCU. Some act as if the MCU doesn't deviate and we all know that's bs.

My main concerns and this has never changed is the tone and acceptance of powers and fantasy that is part of these worlds.

And the fact is that the MCU is its own entity and mixed bag of 616, Ultimate and some shit out of left field. Let's stop lying to ourselves that it is somehow through and through 616 faithful

Of course, needless to say, Marvel is still doing the best job of ADAPTING their heroes to film

WISEGUY'S MANIACAL PERSONA