All Wyldstaar's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,131

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY First Image (Article) - 12/31/2013 2:55:34 PM

It's nice to be able to see Gamora.  This still is from the SDCC teaser trailer, but the leaked camera phone version I have only has her arm visible.

Spider-Man Spin-Offs (Article) - 12/14/2013 9:21:57 AM

Movies featuring criminals in the lead roles have been successful for ages.  Usually they're made sympathetic because the actors are attractive and charismatic, such as The Godfather, Ocean's Eleven or Pulp Fiction.  In the case of the Sinister Six, I'd expect Sony to instead go the route of The Dirty Dozen.  Spider-Man's foes are all facing life in prison, and a government agent offers them a chance at freedom some day in exchange for undertaking dangerous missions.  DC/WB is working on Suicide Squad, after all.

DVD Shopping Bag: Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United (Article) - 12/12/2013 9:00:10 PM

I watched Heroes United last night.  I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to direct-to-video animated features, but this was beyond redemption.  I did really enjoy the unusual art style, much as Rob did, as well as disliking the bits that didn't share that same style.  They needed to commit to doing something different, and they just wouldn't do it.  Amazing art used to depict pointless garbage is just lipstick on a pig, though.

EDGE OF TOMORROW - OFFICIAL TRAILER (Article) - 12/12/2013 3:14:24 PM

I love Groundhog Day.  I love sci-fi movies.  As goofy as Tom Cruise is, I've enjoyed almost every movie I've seen him in.  I'll definitely be checking this one out, probably opening weekend.

Bruce Wayne for Gotham TV Series (Article) - 12/7/2013 4:53:44 PM

The Fatman on Batman podcast #51 with Paul Dini has an awesome discussion regarding what, given Kevin Smith's why not? attitude, is likely to be an awesome pitch to WB at some point in the near future for a young Bruce Wayne series they call Shadow of the Bat.  What they came up with purely off the top of their heads sounds far more fun that a young Jim Gordon series.

Goddard for Daredevil (Article) - 12/7/2013 11:50:06 AM

Good to know that someone who knows what they're doing is at the reigns.  I'm glad they're taking their time to get these series right.  I'd rather wait for quality than get crap right away.

Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman (Article) - 12/5/2013 9:29:28 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that Gal is only a B-cup.  That's what push-up bras are for.

Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman (Article) - 12/5/2013 5:19:08 PM

The main argument against Gina Carano for the part of Wonder Woman was always that she is an unproven actress.  All she really had going for her was martial arts training, the right physique, and general over-all look.  That was a perfectly valid argument against her getting the part.

Now WB has given the role of Wonder Woman to an actress who is unproven, can barely speak English, and doesn't look as though she could stand against a thirteen year-old boy, much less a Ares- god of war.  This is madness.

300: Rise of an Empire - Official Trailer #2 Sneak Peek (Article) - 12/4/2013 4:46:25 PM

I'll see it.  It's either this or Mr. Peabody & Sherman.

Preacher TV Pilot for AMC (Article) - 11/19/2013 5:22:32 PM

I"m well aware that many conservatives donate to worthy causes, and I have no problem applauding them for it.  I only wish more were so inclined.  I'm also aware that plenty of others instead chose to donate hundreds of millions fighting against gay marriage, immigration reform, a woman's right to choose, gays in the military, ACA, evolution and the Big Bang being taught in science classes and fighting for restrictive voter registration laws, cuts to education funding, cuts to public health funding and teaching creationism in the classroom.

WYLDSTAAR'S MANIACAL PERSONA