All ZurEnArrh's Comments

10 Films That Had Nothing to Do With Their Source Material (Article) - 4/25/2011 6:39:42 PM

Also, Starship Troopers =  equally as metal.

10 Films That Had Nothing to Do With Their Source Material (Article) - 4/25/2011 6:37:47 PM

Goshdarnit, the hatred for Masters of the Universe needs to stop. Now. That movie is tattooed on my heart. I've watched that movie more than any Star Wars, any comic book movies, more than The Neverending Story, anything. I had it on VHS taped off of a friend's copy, which had been taped from the video store copy, back when you had to daisy chain VCRs and put tape over the little tabs to make copies of movies. It's so weak that MOTU gets hated on. That movie is so metal it is just insane. Courtney Cox looks so good. There is mad epic Shakesperean dialogue between He-Man and Skeletor, it brings a tear to my eye. "But I will. I told you it was always between us." "Yes, eager to smash you, to grind your cursed face from my memory forever!" So great.

Blade Runner is so different that it's not fair to compare. Both are good, book and movie.

One movie that strayed pretty far from the source for good reason was Forrest Gump. In the book he goes into space and shit. Terrible.

New Green Lantern Photos Appear (Article) - 4/21/2011 5:20:33 AM

I wonder if they are going to do the whole thing where every Lantern has a different style with their ring, i.e., John Stewart's constructs are fully built from the inside out because he's an architect, Kilowog's ring is the only one that makes a sound, etc. Probably not. Those little details made Rebirth a little more bearable to read.

Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode 2 (Article) - 4/20/2011 8:49:59 AM

Needs more Mortal Kombat. Kano was way more metal in the first movie, also. Not really down with the Dark Knight / Cop Drama vibe.

Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode 1 (Article) - 4/15/2011 5:36:11 AM

Hmm. Needs more... Mortal Kombat. Seriously, why so much hate for the two movies? They were awesome when I was fourteen, and isn't that the point? This gritty stuff has worn thin for me, personally. I want my Batmite and Animalities and etc.

Green Lantern Con Footage Online (Article) - 4/3/2011 11:01:06 AM

Reynolds still gives me the wrong kind of chills. The "WE ARE THE CORPS!" part gave me the right kind. Verdict is still out. They are all over the place trying to sell this movie. I guess I cannot tell until my buttocks are in the seat. Being a comic book fan, they will be. But this didn't make me feel like a little kid like the Captain America trailer did.

Gordon-Levitt Confirmed for DARK KNIGHT Rises (Article) - 3/20/2011 8:35:24 PM

Falcone was not in TDK. 'Twas Maroni.

Wish they would start the next round of movies out with all the BS out of the way. Everyone and their mother knows Batman and his supporting cast. I want Man-Bat. Ninja Man-Bats. Bat-Mite. Robin. Oracle. Huntress. Comic book type stuff. Morrison lunacy. I don't understand why Batman can't be rollicking fun. TAS did it the best. They had a great mix of darkness and humor. That's the way to do comic books: serialized. Duh.

WONDER WOMAN Costume Revealed (Article) - 3/20/2011 8:27:10 PM

There was a fan pic out there somewhere that was super awesome. The outfit looked worn, weathered, like it had been used in battle. This is definitely to the "Sexy [insert character]" Halloween costumes. Pretty weak shit.

5 Characters You'd Want to Have a Drink With (Article) - 3/18/2011 7:14:18 AM

Tony Stark fo sho

Mania's Mediocre Madness: Batman Region (Article) - 3/14/2011 6:05:24 AM

Ah, this is a sports thing. Color me ignorant. All I know is that I have a several spots in my cold, black heart reserved for Darkman, Dick Tracy, and The Shadow. Darkman is quite hilariously awesome, and it's funny to see the spots in it that Sam Raimi straight up stole from himself for Spider-Man. "Just take the fucking elephant." Great.

ZURENARRH'S MANIACAL PERSONA