All akiraakobus's Comments

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/21/2008 9:51:28 AM

"Wow, 7-8 movies for you guys within a few months is sad to you guys?? Sheesh. I'd hate to see how many movies you generally see if they're all to your liking. I might see one movie a month. Maybe, I'll see about 9-10 a year, maybe not even that. Usually people with children, child-care, jobs, and mortgage have other obligations. Peace out dorks."<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Well you see when you don't get married and don't have kids you easily have more money to do what you want, hence I enjoy going to the movies a lot. And since I don't even date (by choice), I have no wife, and no kids hence I have the money to go the movies a lot. For the record however I do have a job and a car.<BR itxtvisited="1" />Although the only movies I pay for to see in theaters are Action/Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Thriller/Horror. Comedies can wait for TV or rental as they are just as funny on DVD or television, theres no need to see them in theaters, and I just flat out say no to Chick Flicks/Drama etc.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Here is a list of the films I have seen this year and how many times I saw them in theaters:<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />January 2008<BR itxtvisited="1" />One Missed Call (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" />Cloverfield (Twice)<BR itxtvisited="1" />Rambo (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />February 2008<BR itxtvisited="1" />Jumper (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />March 2008<BR itxtvisited="1" />10,000 B.C. (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" />Shutter (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />April 2008<BR itxtvisited="1" />The Forbidden Kingdom (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />May 2008<BR itxtvisited="1" />Iron Man (Twice)<BR itxtvisited="1" />The Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" />Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Twice)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />June 2008<BR itxtvisited="1" />The Incredible Hulk (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" />Wanted (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" />WALL-E (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />July 2008<BR itxtvisited="1" />Hancock (Three times, Once with My Mom and Sister, Once with Friends, and Once with my Dad)<BR itxtvisited="1" />Hellboy 2 The Golden Army (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" />The Dark Knight (Twice)<BR itxtvisited="1" />The X-Files I Want to Believe (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />August 2008<BR itxtvisited="1" />The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (Once, I might see this one again)<BR itxtvisited="1" />Star Wars the Clone Wars (Once)<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />So all in all I have been to the movies 25 times this year and I have seen 18 different movies.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />

Unspecified Title (Article) - 8/21/2008 7:46:49 AM

I might go see this one later on, I won't see it this weekend since I will probably be going to see Tropic Thunder this weekend. I figure I will like this movie though, I really liked Andersons Movies that he's either directed or had a hand in: Mortal Kombat (The First One), Event Horizon, Soldier(Even Though it was cheesey as hell), Alien Vs Predator 1 and 2(They both had their good and weak points) and the Resident Evils (I love the Resident Evil Series), so I will probably enjoy this movie as well, but I am not going to rush out and go see it. Its sad however that the only movies left that I will probably see in theaters over the next few months are as follows: August: Tropic Thunder (Definitely) Death Race (Probably) Bablyon AD (Definitely) September: Bangkok Dangerous (Maybe) Eagle Eye (Probably) October: Qurantine (Maybe) Max Payne (Maybe) November: Was looking forward to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince but we all know what happened there, it got dumped and some stupid teen angst Vampire flick got put in its place. (Thanks Warner Bros) Maybe Quantam of Solace or Bolt but thats it. December: ????????? Boxoffice Mojo doesn't even have the December movies release dates up anymore. ......................................................................................... You can definitely tell that once August ends the big movie going season is dead for 2008, as this years Fall/Winter films (Save for a handful) pretty much suck more or less.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 7/3/2008 9:03:51 AM

While the premise is cool I will be honest this film will be lucky to get a theatrical release, as cool as the premise is it looks really low budget, and used a lot of low budget actors, I mean Thomas Jane and Ron Perlman are not really A-list (I like both actors but lets face it they are B-movie actors), and this looks like a low budget B-movie that could either be good or bad, I mean if it comes out in theaters I might see it but if its released on DVD I will definitely rent it, so I'll definitely see the film. Also with the alternate history, which really resembles WWII, and the monster threat that unites enemies storyline I'm suprised these people haven't been sued by the makers of Resistance: The Fall of Man for the PS3, I mean there are more than a few similarities to that game here.

New Sneak Peek for CLONE WARS at Celebration Japan (Article) - 7/1/2008 7:07:03 PM

There's a reason really why Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christiensen (I know its mispelled) probably aren't returning, two words TYPE-CASTING, with the exception of Harrison Ford it happened to most of the original Star Wars cast, I mean Hammill and Fisher will be remembered for being Luke and Leia more than anything even though they've done other work. Old Anakin and Obi-Wan basically got their popularity boosted by starring in the three Prequel films, and now everyone knows who they are, but the Prequel Trilogy ended and now they want to move on to escape being Type-casted into those roles forever. On the other hand Samuel L. Jackson and Chrisopher Lee were icons before the Star Wars Prequels, so they are probably just reprising their roles for fun and a paycheck, but they will never be typecasted into those characters as they were Secondary Characters (Mace Windu and the Count) anyway, and the actors had flourishing careers before Star Wars.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/16/2008 12:17:12 PM

"558? I thought there was 167 episodes all together?"<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />There were 558 manga chapters and 167 television episodes, this article however is like so many others pretty pointless, did Inuyasha run a little to long yes, but was it a bad show no in fact it was pretty enjoyable if not repetitive, the Band of Seven story Arc was freakin awesome (that was in season 5) and it was after that season that they should have ended the show as episodes 130-167 were not anything special.<BR itxtvisited="1" />The first five seasons of Inuyasha were pretty enjoyable for the most part.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />If the writer of the article wanted to talk about overly long shows he should have gone ahead and mentioned the following:<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Pokemon- 276 episodes, then its had sequel shows that have all been like 100 episodes, plus countless movies and tv specials.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />Detective Conan- The show that ran for like 50 episodes before being canned on Adultswim ran for over 500 in Japan, plus like Pokemon had a lot of OVAs, movies, etc.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />The Dragon Ball Saga- 3 shows making around 500 episodes plus around 30 or more movies.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />One Piece- Is still on and running at 362 episodes and like 8 movies or something.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />The Gundam Saga- While not all related the Gundam shows add up to probably 600 episodes if not more.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />I am not complaining about these shows just that Inuyasha is hardly the only show to run way past its course.<BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" /><BR itxtvisited="1" />

TRANSFORMERS 2 Has a New Title & Set Details (Article) - 6/5/2008 8:45:09 PM

Awesome this is sounding like an Empire Strikes Back kind of film where the Decepticons come back to Earth in Full Force, (The Constructicons are a sure thing and I bet some other big names get tossed into the fray), this is one I will be buying tickets to next Summer for sure.

Bruce Willis Leading Game Adaptation of KANE (Article) - 6/4/2008 7:27:42 AM

I like the idea of Willis playing Kane I mean he can definitely pull off a bad ass, as for Lynch if they want to go for someone who could easily be made to look like the character they ought to have Paul Giamatti (sp?) play Lynch.

Box Office: INDY Cuts into CITY Victory (Article) - 6/1/2008 4:19:16 PM

"How about IronMan, beating out the Prince even though it's been out longer. The surprise mega-hit of the year so far. Indy, I'm sure will surpass IM within 2-3 weeks. Paramount execs. must be dancing on their desks." Yeah I agree this must be pleasing news for Paramount who is really starting to corner the Summer Market Blockbuster wise, I mean last year it was Transformers (Which Spielberg Produced and was a huge hit), now Iron Man and Indiana Jones 4 are huge successes, and next Summer it will be the eagerly anticipated Transformers 2.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/20/2008 5:10:07 PM

This is good news, I mean as much as I liked the first film it is pretty 1980's and some of the budget constraints were pretty obvious, but given the effects/CGI, access to locations, budgets, etc. this remake could be pretty epic. As far as a new franchise goes however, either make it a solo film that wraps itself up (like the first film was meant to do), or make it something like a trilogy with a continuing and sustainable continuity, but tread carefully because my God the sequels to the first killed this Franchise.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 5/15/2008 9:41:32 AM

While I think this is cool news as most of the books were pretty good a couple were kind of lame, and there were a few sequels that well weren't really needed I guess but the book series overall was excellent especially for kids I too read them Elementary and gave them up at sometime in Middle School, the scariest of the series to me was always Welcome to Dead House, which ironically was the first.

AKIRAAKOBUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA