All akiraakobus's Comments

<<  <  10 11 12 13 14 15 >  >>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/31/2007 6:47:00 PM

Well Wikepedia, which as far a I know is the only site to have listed the budget for AVP Requiem so far listed it at between $40-$45 million so I assume thats what it is, which means yeah this film will be pretty successful.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/30/2007 9:17:09 PM

Dang I have fallen behind on my movie watching, the last I saw was I Am Legend, that one was awesome, the next I plan to see are National Treasure 2 (might be seeing that one this week) and AVP R and One Missed Call, I will probably see them this coming weekend. For the record Aliens Vs Predator Requiem's budget was around $40 miillion, so an almost $27 million opening is not bad, and according to Variety it made about $16 million more internationally so its already made $43 million worldwide so far.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/22/2007 9:53:51 AM

I agree with the review, the Resident Evil films have all been fun action/suspense shootem ups, and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The poster above me is just another game purist who obviously just cannot get past himself to enjoy the fun films.

Garofalo Investigates on 24 (Article) - 8/21/2007 9:42:47 AM

Oh well she will probably only be in certain episodes and might eventually be killed off so I really don't care. I have never liked Garafalo except for her role in Mystery Men but that was before she became so obnoxious. Her career now is pretty much dead anyway so I bet she is just glad to find work.

TRANSFORMERS Break China Records (Article) - 7/15/2007 8:55:56 PM

"I wonder if they got an unedited version of the film." Another sad aspect for people who live in China, the films that get shown are often times edited, some times to much. The Chinese Government can order films altered if they think they negatively portray China. Case in point Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End, supposidely in the Chinese version of the film Chow Yun-Fats part was completely cut.

TRANSFORMERS Break China Records (Article) - 7/15/2007 1:42:38 PM

"I understand why, but doesn't that just crack you up that 2.95 million is the largest american opening in China, a country of over a billion people." Well China does have a lot of poor people living in it, I mean the highest a movie has ever grossed in China is like $50 million, and thats their highest grossing movie, its really sad in a way. Plus China only allows certain movies to be shown in theaters for a limited amount of time, as well as limiting the number of foreign films that can be shown in the country yearly. In closing living in China probably sucks for most movie lovers, you can't afford to go to the movies, then your government regulates which ones you can see and how long they are allowed in theaters.

DEATH SENTENCE Trailer (Article) - 7/13/2007 8:34:40 AM

A lot of this movie was shot in Columbia, South Carolina, where I went to college, I tried to get a part as an extra but sadly it didn't happen. Since it was shot in a city I that I lived in, (I just live an hour from Columbia now) I still might go see the movie.

RATATOUILLE Has Early Lead (Article) - 7/1/2007 10:33:20 AM

Well Sicko is going to wind up underperforming compared to predictions, it was expected to make around $7-$10 million over the weekend, but it only made $1.3 million on Friday meaning it will only make around $4 million. Plus it also came in 9th place in the top 10 meaning it is going to get pushed out of the top 10 by this time next week. Personally I could not be happier since I cannot stand Michael Moore, and this will show F9/11 for the fluke that it was.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/15/2007 2:01:46 AM

I am looking forward to this one, sure trolls on the internet have relentlessly bashed it and so have a lot of critics, but I have never really cared about what they thought, and liked the first film. Given I never bought the first film which turned out to be good thing now that there is an extended cut (I will buy that one), but I will definitely see FF2RSS within the next week.

Hell Hath No Fury (Article) - 6/7/2007 10:52:01 PM

Wow comic book chicks are hot, nothing new there, they are drawn the way people love them unrealistic but fantastic none the less. The covers look great and the fact that abunch of Feminists are upset about it just makes me want to buy the issues even morem and I just might.

AKIRAAKOBUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA