All akiraakobus's Comments

<<  <  10 11 12 13 14 15 >  >>

Unspecified Title (Article) - 1/20/2008 12:35:19 PM

Thats great for Cloverfield it was an awesome film, and I plan on seeing it again tommorrow. With a budget of $25 million and a $41 million opening 3 days plus very positive word of mouth this film should do very well in the U.S. and internationally. On a seperate note as I check boxoffice numbers Uwe Boll's newest pathetic joke Dungeon Siege, dropped to #23 this weekend only making $735,000 for the whole weekend bringing his $60 million production to a laughable $4.3 million so far. Just thought that bit of news should make the other Boll haters like myself happy.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 1/2/2008 8:59:20 AM

Well here are the movies that I saw in theaters on that list and loved: Spider-Man 3 (saw it multiple times) Transformers (saw it multiple times) POTC: At World’s End (saw it mutiple times) Order of the Phoenix (saw it multiple times) 300 (saw it multiple times) I Am Legend National Treasure: Book of Secrets Live Free or Die Hard Other films I saw this year that were not on the list, but I still saw and liked a lot: Resident Evil Extinction (saw it multiple times) 30 days of Night (saw it multiple times) Beowulf The Golden Compass AVPR Movies that were kind of dissapointing: Fantatistic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer Rush Hour 3 Balls of Fury 2007 Films I just had no interest in seeing on the listin theaters that I might watch on DVD Bourne Ultimatum Ratatouille The Simpsons Movie Wild Hogs I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry Blades of Glory Enchanted The Game Plan American Gangster

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/31/2007 6:47:00 PM

Well Wikepedia, which as far a I know is the only site to have listed the budget for AVP Requiem so far listed it at between $40-$45 million so I assume thats what it is, which means yeah this film will be pretty successful.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 12/30/2007 9:17:09 PM

Dang I have fallen behind on my movie watching, the last I saw was I Am Legend, that one was awesome, the next I plan to see are National Treasure 2 (might be seeing that one this week) and AVP R and One Missed Call, I will probably see them this coming weekend. For the record Aliens Vs Predator Requiem's budget was around $40 miillion, so an almost $27 million opening is not bad, and according to Variety it made about $16 million more internationally so its already made $43 million worldwide so far.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 9/22/2007 9:53:51 AM

I agree with the review, the Resident Evil films have all been fun action/suspense shootem ups, and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them. The poster above me is just another game purist who obviously just cannot get past himself to enjoy the fun films.

Garofalo Investigates on 24 (Article) - 8/21/2007 9:42:47 AM

Oh well she will probably only be in certain episodes and might eventually be killed off so I really don't care. I have never liked Garafalo except for her role in Mystery Men but that was before she became so obnoxious. Her career now is pretty much dead anyway so I bet she is just glad to find work.

TRANSFORMERS Break China Records (Article) - 7/15/2007 8:55:56 PM

"I wonder if they got an unedited version of the film." Another sad aspect for people who live in China, the films that get shown are often times edited, some times to much. The Chinese Government can order films altered if they think they negatively portray China. Case in point Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End, supposidely in the Chinese version of the film Chow Yun-Fats part was completely cut.

TRANSFORMERS Break China Records (Article) - 7/15/2007 1:42:38 PM

"I understand why, but doesn't that just crack you up that 2.95 million is the largest american opening in China, a country of over a billion people." Well China does have a lot of poor people living in it, I mean the highest a movie has ever grossed in China is like $50 million, and thats their highest grossing movie, its really sad in a way. Plus China only allows certain movies to be shown in theaters for a limited amount of time, as well as limiting the number of foreign films that can be shown in the country yearly. In closing living in China probably sucks for most movie lovers, you can't afford to go to the movies, then your government regulates which ones you can see and how long they are allowed in theaters.

DEATH SENTENCE Trailer (Article) - 7/13/2007 8:34:40 AM

A lot of this movie was shot in Columbia, South Carolina, where I went to college, I tried to get a part as an extra but sadly it didn't happen. Since it was shot in a city I that I lived in, (I just live an hour from Columbia now) I still might go see the movie.

RATATOUILLE Has Early Lead (Article) - 7/1/2007 10:33:20 AM

Well Sicko is going to wind up underperforming compared to predictions, it was expected to make around $7-$10 million over the weekend, but it only made $1.3 million on Friday meaning it will only make around $4 million. Plus it also came in 9th place in the top 10 meaning it is going to get pushed out of the top 10 by this time next week. Personally I could not be happier since I cannot stand Michael Moore, and this will show F9/11 for the fluke that it was.

AKIRAAKOBUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA