All akiraakobus's Comments

<<  <  10 11 12 13 14 15 >  >>

TRANSFORMERS Break China Records (Article) - 7/15/2007 8:55:56 PM

"I wonder if they got an unedited version of the film." Another sad aspect for people who live in China, the films that get shown are often times edited, some times to much. The Chinese Government can order films altered if they think they negatively portray China. Case in point Pirates of the Carribean: At Worlds End, supposidely in the Chinese version of the film Chow Yun-Fats part was completely cut.

TRANSFORMERS Break China Records (Article) - 7/15/2007 1:42:38 PM

"I understand why, but doesn't that just crack you up that 2.95 million is the largest american opening in China, a country of over a billion people." Well China does have a lot of poor people living in it, I mean the highest a movie has ever grossed in China is like $50 million, and thats their highest grossing movie, its really sad in a way. Plus China only allows certain movies to be shown in theaters for a limited amount of time, as well as limiting the number of foreign films that can be shown in the country yearly. In closing living in China probably sucks for most movie lovers, you can't afford to go to the movies, then your government regulates which ones you can see and how long they are allowed in theaters.

DEATH SENTENCE Trailer (Article) - 7/13/2007 8:34:40 AM

A lot of this movie was shot in Columbia, South Carolina, where I went to college, I tried to get a part as an extra but sadly it didn't happen. Since it was shot in a city I that I lived in, (I just live an hour from Columbia now) I still might go see the movie.

RATATOUILLE Has Early Lead (Article) - 7/1/2007 10:33:20 AM

Well Sicko is going to wind up underperforming compared to predictions, it was expected to make around $7-$10 million over the weekend, but it only made $1.3 million on Friday meaning it will only make around $4 million. Plus it also came in 9th place in the top 10 meaning it is going to get pushed out of the top 10 by this time next week. Personally I could not be happier since I cannot stand Michael Moore, and this will show F9/11 for the fluke that it was.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/15/2007 2:01:46 AM

I am looking forward to this one, sure trolls on the internet have relentlessly bashed it and so have a lot of critics, but I have never really cared about what they thought, and liked the first film. Given I never bought the first film which turned out to be good thing now that there is an extended cut (I will buy that one), but I will definitely see FF2RSS within the next week.

Hell Hath No Fury (Article) - 6/7/2007 10:52:01 PM

Wow comic book chicks are hot, nothing new there, they are drawn the way people love them unrealistic but fantastic none the less. The covers look great and the fact that abunch of Feminists are upset about it just makes me want to buy the issues even morem and I just might.

Weekend Box Office Report: Got Grudge? (Article) - 10/16/2006 7:59:59 AM

Loved The Grudge 2, it was good creepy fun just like the first, I will definitely be going to see it again in theaters. As for the rest of the top 10: The Departed-Have no desire to see this, looks like a cop/crime drama a genre which I find boring as hell. Man of the Year- Looks really dumb. Open Season- Wait for DVD. Texas Chainsaw Massacre- Wait for DVD. The Marine- Looks horrible. The rest of the top 10 does not really interest me that much either, so The Grudge 2 is the film I will be seeing again.

PREDATOR's to get a new film? (Article) - 9/28/2006 9:29:32 AM

The new film should be set in the Middle East, no I'm not trying to be political, it just makes sense. I mean its hot there Predators like it hot, and plus its extremely violent. Plus the Predator could just about kill anyone there because due to fanatical beliefs, even women and children are sometimes armed. Anyone in the Middle East is fair game.

Ellen DeGeneres to host 79th Annual Academy Awards (Article) - 9/8/2006 10:56:03 AM

Well guess I know what I will be watching on Oscar night... anything but the Oscars looks like they are gonna suck and their viewership is going down again this year. Plus like last year, no films I honestly give a crap about will be nominated for anything big.

Kasch and Roemer join ASYLUM (Article) - 9/5/2006 3:49:56 PM

Thank you, I have my fingers crossed.

AKIRAAKOBUS'S MANIACAL PERSONA