All alienstatue's Comments

Mania Review: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Article) - 12/17/2014 10:22:01 AM

Violatorr, that's the best analogy I've read!

Mania Review: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Article) - 12/17/2014 10:04:35 AM

Saw it last night, and I enjoyed it, but it was my least favorite of the three. Still an awesome movie. The opening with Smaug was insane. The sub plots did seem stretched out, but I'll go see it again for sure.

I did think that the ending was going to be more emotional, like Return of the King. That was a perfect ending. This ending seemed quick. Haha but I guess that's because Return of the King had like 4 endings. :-)

By the way, did you guys get the new Mad Max trailer during the previews? HOLY SMOKES!!

The Winter of '84: 2010: The Year We Make Contact (Article) - 12/9/2014 11:29:50 AM

I recall enjoying 2010 as well. But I can't remember the HAL explanation part you're referring to DarkXid. I'm going to wiki it.

Terminator: Genisys - Trailer (Article) - 12/5/2014 11:52:42 AM

momitchell - I agree with your skinny guy vs. mr. olympus point of view.

Now we have young John McClane, with Sarah Connor from T2, with older and wiser T-800 vs. T-1000's younger brother. I wonder who's gonna win!? Haha.

Don't hate me guys, I'm still gonna see this and I'm sure it will be cool.

James Bond 24 Title, Cast, and Poster (Article) - 12/4/2014 3:13:52 PM

Yes, me can take Bellucci all day long!

Wonder if they're going to close off the Quantum organization plot at some point.

Terminator: Genisys - Trailer (Article) - 12/4/2014 3:12:02 PM

I didn't get what was going on either. Still don't. But my best guess is, Arnie was sent back to when she was a kid, by who idk? He teaches her how to be bad ass, she grows up, Kyle Reese shows up, gets her pregnant, and then who knows from there.

But the whole "we can stop judgement day!" I had to laugh at loud at that. haha. I'm pretty sure I'll see this in theatres but I'm a theatre junkie.

Mania Box Office Report: Baymax vs. TARS (Article) - 11/10/2014 1:47:44 PM

Saw Interstellar for the third time yesterday. I think I only needed to see it twice this soon into the release, but my friends hadn't seen it yet, so I said why not. Still enjoyed it. The second viewing is the one I enjoyed the most though. I changed my mind about Nolan's editing, on the second viewing. His cut of the film was top notch. And even all the dialogue you catch that comes back later in the movie. The foreshadowing. I caught all of that the second time and it was awesome to know.

Mania Reivew: Interstellar (Article) - 11/7/2014 4:08:45 PM

SPOILERS!!

They don't say that Men caused the food shortage, just there is a food shortage and we need ot leave Earth behind. So I don't see the global warming issue in this movie. I really thought Matthew was great in this film, even the young Murphy and Jessica Chasten. The scene at the end with Murph being an old lady and Matthew playing his same age, was really great scene! You can see his journey and her journey in their eyes and just feel the connection they had. Great scene. The wormhole scenes were awesome. When Matthew was going through the black hole and just floating, I thought WTF!? Yes!! Also, the ending with him going after Anne Hataway, that was a good ending.

The things that bothered me, was Anne Hathway's speech about love. I get that it's the message of the film. But it was really forced IMO when it came out of her mouth. Also the way that one guy died when the waves came in. Really!? You're just gonna stand there? I wish they spent more time in space and didn't jump back to earth as much. They needed to show Murph's journey too, but as a big Sci Fi fan, I wanted more space.

I think this was a great film, but I'm starting to agree that Nolan's editing is a bit off. I didn't feel this way with Inception or TDK, but noticed it in TDKR. Anway I'm still a big fan of his.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 11/6/2014 11:20:13 AM

@shac @Violator - I did enjoy it. It was a great film. What I will say is that all the actors are on point. And as far as I know there wasn't any AlienStatue in the film! Haha. I'm going to see it tonight again. Because the two guys I sat next to were super tired during the 11:30 showing, and there was some jokes here and there in the film, like any film, and those guys weren't budging with any laughs! Pretty much me and the people a few rows back. So yea, the audience wasn't the best to say the least. It wasn't a packed house though.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 11/5/2014 12:17:27 PM

Haha! I deffinitely won't talk about it here. I'm not that type of person. Just had to get my frustration out. haha

Back to Avatar...