View Full Version : Senran Kagura Discussion Thread
01-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Big boobed lesbian ninjas.
Official Site (http://senran.tv/)
As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
3) Don't use the blue "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
01-07-2013, 07:49 PM
That sure was precisely what was promised. Big Boobed Lesbian Ninjas.
They've got me at least.
01-07-2013, 08:00 PM
And, for anyone 100% unfamiliar with the franchise, the anime is based off of a side-scrolling, hack'n'slash 3DS game (two games) published by Marvelous.
Well, first episode was enjoyable even if the narrator did get annoying closer to the end. But, the whole thing just felt like an intro from the game.
Character designs were nice to see in motion (man...that Katsu-nee shirt when she transforms), animation was really good and fluid (hopefully it can still be decent as the series goes on) and it was a nice intro to the girls and a little bit of our antagonists.
01-07-2013, 09:20 PM
That more or less met expectations. Which were very, very low.
I was mostly bored. Yagyuu is the only one of the main girls I like at all. Well, Hibari has a nice design and is kinda cute but her personality is very contrary to what I want from the show. Her introduction did not help.
Frankly, I like Homura, Ningyou-Girl and Ninja-Not!Kuroneko vastly better than any of the main girls and they're the only reason I'll watch any more of the show. I saw some art of Not!Kuroneko a while back and she was the only reason I had even a tiny interest in this show.
Also, someone please murder the narrator. He really needed to shut the fuck up.
01-08-2013, 03:52 AM
got what I expected
01-13-2013, 07:51 PM
Training and boobs.
Besides the boob fondling, no action in this episode. It ends with Yomi though so hopefully the next episode has the Ikaruga and Asuka fighting..
At least now we know who the enemy is now and their leader is Darth Samurai.
01-13-2013, 10:51 PM
Of course Asuka summons frogs (when she gets over her fear of them).
Hibari's rabbit was certainly something though. And damn Katsu-nee. Just...damn.
01-14-2013, 07:58 PM
So Asuka is coming home after a mission that she accomplished by the skin of her teeth. She befriends Homura, who is secretly an enemy ninja, and they are attacked by a bunch of thugs. Except that they are not exactly thugs but mannequins. Of course, being the granddaughter of the great Hanzo, Asuka sure is fumbling around as a ninja.
I checked this show just to see if it was what I think it was going to be. For the most part, it is except that there isn't as much clothing being shredded as I thought would happen. At least not yet. It met my super-low expectations, and at least Ikarugi, Hikage, and Mirai are great characters while everybody else has big problems. In particular, I just cannot stand Katsuragi. She better have a good reason why she is groping so much, because it's making me sick. I might watch a little bit more just to see the other girls from the rival school in action.
01-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Every ninja can summon an animal, except for Asuka, of course. It turns out that her family summons frogs, but she is deathly afraid of them. Ikarugi has her phoenix, Katsuragi has her dragon, Yagyu her squid, and Hibari her rabbit. Of course, Hanzo makes a surprise visit to make lunch for the girls. Then Yomi attacks.
Lots more groping here, and not much action. At least seeing some action would make it worthwhile, but instead we get lots of the other stuff. I totally can't stand Katsuragi, and of course everything is as bad as I thought it would be in this episode. At least having Yomi attack sets up the next episode nicely.
01-14-2013, 08:26 PM
That was really, really boring. Last 30 seconds were about the only decent part.
01-20-2013, 07:31 PM
A little disappointed that the girls didn't fight one of the enemies they meet at the end of last episode, but understandable since their levels aren't comparable right now.
A little bit of Ikaruga backstory and Asuka finally learning her special technique. That's good, our characters are moving along. Hopefully, things will get a little more exciting soon.
For a show based upon an action game, the anime has been pretty laid back. I was hoping to see some nice fights considering the director and scriptwriter. There are still 9-10 more episodes to go, so hopefully it picks up.
01-20-2013, 11:22 PM
That was a pretty good Ikaruga episode, and thankfully they dealt with Asuka's frog issues in a way that actually made sense, and tied into the overarching theme of the episode.
Needs more fighting though.
01-21-2013, 08:23 PM
At least that wasn't as boring as last time. Still difficult to get through though.
At least next time, Not!Kuroneko will finally make an appearance. Hopefully for more time than Binbou Kunoichi got in this one.
01-22-2013, 11:03 PM
- Ikaruga and Yomi fight, with Ikaruga getting her clothes shredded.
- Ikaruga's punishment is to massage Hanzo. For a punishment, it seems fun for Asuka.
- Her inept "brother" has come to swipe her sword away. Of course, there's a reason why he is unworthy to wield it.
- Asuka has finally touched a frog. Of course, she gets the chills.
- It's Asuka to the rescue to save the frog from being crushed by a... boulder? Wait, that was all staged.
- Hikage and Mirai are the next to strike. Katsuragi and Yagyu better watch their backs.
At least this episode wasn't nearly as bad as the last one where the story went somewhere and there was some action even if only for the first few minutes. While I would like to watch some more action, it doesn't look like there will be much of it in the next episode. It looks like the girls go on some retreat with a golden opportunity for a fanservicefest. So I think I will call it quits at this point.
01-27-2013, 06:24 PM
- Ooh lead girl is Harada Hitomi. Nori! Though using a higher voice that sounds nothing like her.
- Kitamura Eri whee.
- Hey look Chihaya, you finally got those boobs you've always wanted.
- Kobayashi Yuuuuuu. Also boob groping.
- And lastly Iguchi Yuka and Mizuhashi Kaori. Nori and Miyako are reunited.
- lol synchronized jiggle.
- Boob groping counts as yuri but I hope it's not the only yuri. We're already up to like three identical scenes. Give me some variety!
- Ahahaha, sexually suggestive eating... from the old man.
- Hmmm, Yagyuu seems pretty into Hibari. More of that please.
- Hibari is the cutest construction worker. <3
- Hibari is the brains of the operation? I'm down with that.
- So Katsu-nee's battle outfit is just an open shirt and no bra. I'm down with that too.
That was reasonably fun.
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
- Transformed Ikaruga really reminds me of Kagura in Fairy Tail.
- Giant pink bunny. I love Hibari.
- Ikaruga is actually really nice. I thought she might try to act cold and professional all the time but she was really sweet cheering up Asuka.
- Well this guarantees Asuka will summon a frog.
- Yay bikinis.
01-27-2013, 07:51 PM
- Narrator, we really didn't need a justification for exploding clothing. We've all seen enough anime.
- I think grandpa ships Hibari x Yagyuu too. =D
- Ikaruga's brother is a scumbag.
- And is dealt with already? Uh okay.
- Awww... the "they're your family" stuff with Ikaruga was unexpectedly sweet.
This show has been pretty consistently fun so far, if not anything mind-blowing.
01-28-2013, 08:28 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAA SHE PULLED A FUCKING MINIATURE JET FROM UNDER SKIRT!!!!
Yay for Mirai finally making a proper appearance and doing something. Alas, Green Hair is as boring as the good girls. It was nice to get an ED starring the villains this time.
A minute or two after the OP played, I decided that the stuff with the good girls (aside from some rare moments of Hibari being cute enough to be worthwhile) was just too dreadfully dull, so I'm skipped through anything that doesn't involve the villains I like. And it made the show so much better. I'll probably do that in future episodes as well.
01-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Seaside episode. Training. Fun. The girls continuing to do what they do best - be cute, bumbling ninjas that still can't do much against the "dark faction."
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAA SHE PULLED A FUCKING
Yeaaaaaaaa...that was definitely out of nowwhere. I was expecting something else, but I guess it'll be shown when the battle gets tough. o_O
02-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Well, that was a good enough entertainment to keep watching.
02-03-2013, 08:10 PM
Hey, we're finally getting some action here.
The "fight" between Yagyuu and Mirai was probably the most amusing due to no fighting really. Would have been nice if Mirai used her "mini-gun" special while fighting instead of just using then and there. Understandable due to being super-annoyed, but still.
Suzune so has to be Kiriya's former student.
Also, I predict all the girls join forces at the end.
02-03-2013, 11:53 PM
That sure was an episode.
And Mirai pulled a jet out of her skirt. WTF.
The ED was pretty amusing.
02-04-2013, 12:52 AM
Oh hey that was actually pretty good.
Anyone else think that Hebi Joshi Gakuen comes off as what you'd expect from a Ninja School?
02-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Anyone else think that Hebi Joshi Gakuen comes off as what you'd expect from a Ninja School?
They certainly are more capable. Still feels weird that the Hanzou girls are such newbies since the game starts you off as ninjas who can fight, but low-ranking (makes sense considering setting and gameplay). So, that sort of irks me that the girls currently aren't very good.
The anime is getting the lighthearted part right though.
02-09-2013, 01:29 AM
I expected this to be a 2-5 minute episode and then I actually ended up watching most of it.
The Dark Ninja school explanation was amusing because, well, that's what a fucking shinobi IS. So what the hell are the light ninjas? Fake ninjas?
And I have to wonder how Hibari convinced anyone that she should be a ninja in the first place and how she's managed to not get kicked out of it yet. Her useless flailing at the beginning was pretty funny though.
I was also amused at Yagyuu almost completely ignoring Mirai.
02-09-2013, 10:25 PM
- And Hibari summons a huge pink bunny!
Letís resume this episode in 5 words: Puppets/Bunny/Frogs/Bikinis/Boobs.
02-12-2013, 12:18 AM
Haruka is officially the best character. Not even a competition.
Anyway its obvious that Asuka and Homura will inherit the Super Secret Arts, when it probably should be Ikaruga and Hikage, based on the performance this episode.
02-16-2013, 04:23 PM
- I hope Hibari x Yagyuu will get even closer.
- Ikaruga's brother... I hate him already...
- And he is gone... for good I hope.
- And Asuka learned her technique.
That end up being a good Ikaruga episode
02-16-2013, 04:56 PM
- It's time for seaside training.
- Yagyuu sure knows how to fish.
- Mortal "bikini" Combat!
- And the villains are here.
- Ok.... she pulled a mini jet from under her skirt...
02-16-2013, 10:30 PM
- Mezase, top id--SUPER NINJA!
- Boobs and swimsuits and training and stuff.
- Winged gothiloli nekomimi machine gun umbrella!
- ...with a fighter jet under her skirt.
- Kobayashi Yuu is kinda overdoing her goofy voices.
Heh, this ED. Love the flamethrower.
This show is kinda fun, but feels a bit empty. Production values were also pretty cheap this episode. I really like the Hibari x Yagyuu pairing but the rest is average at best. Not sure if I'll make time for more.
02-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Finally, we have some action lasting more than 30 seconds. This makes the show better.
02-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Hibari x Yagyuu! Their hearts connected! ^_^
03-02-2013, 10:26 AM
- Is there really a traitor?
- Hiking... ok...
- It was Hibari turn to save Yagyuu.
- "Is she really a woman" Hmm... huge boobs... I'm not sure she is....
- Asuka won and got the scroll...
Fights are needed for this show to be good. I mean fights that last more than 30 seconds.
03-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Even after 8 episodes we still have training... At least, the end of the episode gives me some hope.
03-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Katsuragi has long been devoted to boobs.
And stuff. Whatever.
03-04-2013, 01:04 AM
She lures Hibari to Hebi Joushi, then makes a compelling case for why the light side is made of up jerks.
Its going to be really annoying to see Hibari "rescued" from this.
03-09-2013, 11:00 AM
The Dark Faction was and will always be more interesting to follow. This show would have been a way better show if they would have focus on the Dark Faction instead...
03-15-2013, 08:51 PM
Well, I hope we will have some nice action next time. As for this episode, the part we follow the Dark Faction is of course way better.
03-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Well, there was some action in this one...which make this a little more entertaining. Let's hope for more next time.
03-25-2013, 07:55 PM
And yeah... this is how it ends. I should have dropped this a long time ago. Oh well...
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.