View Full Version : Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari 2 (aka Galaxy Railways 2)
12-18-2005, 01:43 PM
This is actually old news, but since there was no thread for it (search didn´t turn up anything) I thought to start one.
Due to the sucess among fans of the original Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari (aka Galaxy Railways) in Japan, the production company Planet Entertainment (http://www.planet-e.co.jp/) announced back in April 2005 that a sequel TV series is in the works. Titled Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari ~ Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei (http://www.gintetsu.com/) the series will feature the following staff/cast (that´s all announced so far):
Original Creator / General Setting / Design: Leiji Matsumoto
Director : Masashi Shimoda
Executive Producer : Yasutomo Yanagida
Scenario : Yuki Touyasu & Nahoko Hasegawa
Producer : Hiroshi Kon
Work Producer : Yasuo Hasegawa
Planning / Production : Planet
Manufacture : Commonwealth Entertainment
Manabu Yûki (Seiyuu: Naoki Yanagi)
Louis Fort Drake (Seiyuu: Asami Sanada)
Yuki Sexaroid (Seiyuu: Nahoko Suzuki)
Schanhelt Buldge (Seiyuu: Akio Ohtsuka)
Layla Destiny Shura (Seiyuu: Yoko Asagami)
Furthermore since the latest update to the Official site it´s now sure that that Nozomi Aoki will be responsible for the music in the sequel as well (music recording for the series already finished in early December, with 30 tracks recorded for the show).
And now some spoilerish parts (spoilers if you haven´t seen the end or let´s say the later part and I also tried to keep it pretty light in regards of spoilers) for the original Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari. Bits of news regarding the story of the sequel announced via the Official site´s webradio (btw. the latest broadcast features Leiji Matsumoto himself ^_~), so continue reading on your own risk:
• <span style='color:#dddddd;background:#dddddd'>The Big One is going to get a "power-up". In fact the Official site already released the first details and specifications for the powered-up Big One here (http://www.gintetsu.com/bigone/index.html). It´s also said that the control launch had been re-designed (expected to be bigger). Furthermore test-shots of the new starting sequence can be seen at one of the series´ producer production diary entries here (http://www.gintetsu.com/production/1124.html)</span>
• <span style='color:#dddddd;background:#dddddd'>A new character will appear in Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei. 18-years old Kirian Black will bring some more Bishônen-galore to the Sirius Squad, first rough designs for him can be seen here (http://www.gintetsu.com/kirian/index.html).</span>
• <span style='color:#dddddd;background:#dddddd'>According to what has been hinted in the webradio broadcasts, the series takes place six months after the final battle between the Sirius Squad and the invading race of the Alfort cluster.</span>
Additional, the webradio broadcasts hint that the broadcast start for the series has already been decided (judging by the production diary entries it seems that the work on the series is nearing its completion) however the broadcast station is not yet decided.
12-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Can't wait for the new series, hell, I can't wait to see the rest of the first.
12-19-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't wait for the new series, hell, I can't wait to see the rest of the first.
[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah more Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari is always a good thing in my book, despite the first details on the story hinted in the webradio sound not really exciting yet though.
12-20-2005, 03:15 AM
After waiting through Harlock Saga, Maetel Legend, Gun Frontier, & Cosmo Warrior Zero, I was pleasantly surprised to see this show completely blow me away like his 70's stuff (Endless Odyssey was great too, but I love this show so much more). I have no doubt the second series will continue to impress. Besides, for the most part I think Matsumoto stories aren't so much about the overall plot, but the journey inbetween the beginning & end.
12-24-2005, 06:56 AM
The Official site (http://www.gintetsu.com/) for Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari ~ Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei had an update, a so-called Christmas update ^_^
This X-mas update contains 3 sections that will be avialable only on 24th and 25th December 2005 and consist of:
• X-Max Update 1: Signed paper by Leiji Matsumoto, Asami Sanda (CV of Louis Fort Drake), Naoki Yanagi (CV of Manabu Yuki), Naoko Suzuki (CV of Yuki Sexaroid) as well the guests of the Webradio so far. Information on how to apply for that can be found on the special site for it. To enter that site, take a closer look at the Official site´s top page /images/graemlins/sdsmiley.gif If you don´t want to look for it on your own <span style='color:#dddddd;background:#dddddd'>click the left sided yellow light above "news", a pop-up window with the information should appear</span>
• X-Mas Update 2: A short movie for the launching sequence of Big One in Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei (compilled of Storyboards and footage of the CG Test Shot the staff recently did). To access this section just continue from the previous site (meaning, just click on the first link on the bottom of the site saying "2 days limitation! Storyboard Movie").
• X-max Update 3: The Wallpaper (http://www.gintetsu.com/wallpaper/index.html) section. This one requires a password. Parts of the word have been unveiled in the latest broadcast of the Webradio (http://www.gintetsu.com/radio/index.html) hosted by Asami Sanada, Naoki Yanagi and Naoki Suzuki. It´s really not difficult to spot ^_^ In case you don´t have time/or don´t want to listen to the Webradio for the hints (which I understand...Asami Sanada´s voice creeps me out), drop me a PM and I´ll give you the password ^_~
02-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Okay it´s been a while since I updated with news regarding the announced and (quite long in production) sequel TV series to Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari (aka Galaxy Railways, see slerch666´s great thread containing a series discussion here (http://forums.animeondvd.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1237867&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)), titled Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari ~ Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei (The Galaxy Railways II).
So with several updates at the Official site, I decided to post sort-of a summary of news regarding it now.
• First and I think for the fans most important, the production on the series is now fully ongoing. This has been mentioned/announced by the series´producer Hiroshi Kon at the "Production Information" section in the entry (http://www.gintetsu.com/production/0120.html) dated 20th January.
• The latest update in the Webradio (http://www.gintetsu.com/radio/index.html) at the Official site for Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei contains sort of a short preview for the series. Narrated by the seiyuu for Manabu Yuki, Louis Fort Drake and Yuki Sexaroid. While it may not sound pretty interesting, the short dialogue gives away more hints on the story (and IMO this made the story sound way more interesting than the first short information released via one of the webradio updates). The following are notes I took while listening to the broadcast covered under spoiler tags for those that don´t want to be spoiled with the bits of the story for the sequel. Reading the dialogue may look a bit weird, but anyway:
<span style='color:#dddddd;background:#dddddd'>Manabu Yuki - "One year after the fight with Alford. A new thread appeared now, attacking the Galaxy Railways"
Yuki Sexaroid - "On the railroad tracks that lead through the void of space a strange town and a jungle appear (the imaginary of a town and a jungle). And a beautiful sea. The Galaxy Railway administration bureau falls into chaos caused by this strange hallucination of which the cause is unknown"
Louis Fort Drake- "At that time, an emergency signal from a special express carrying VIP´s arrives. The origin of the signal is Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei. Yuki(kun) and the SDF Sirius squad have been requested (for help)"
Manabu Yuki - "Yuki, isn´t there any information on this planet?"
Yuki Sexaroid - "There is no information, not (even) in the Administrative Bureau´s top secret files"
Manabu Yuki - "Louis, we don´t know what to expect/will happen on this mission. Please stay by me no matter what we´re facing (what will happen)".
Louis Fort Drake - "Alright, Yuki-kun"
Yuki Sexaroid - "A huge energy wave is approaching Big One at full speed!"
Manabu Yuki - "That is...a Tsunami of Time (Toki no Tsunami)!! Uwaa"
Louis Fort Drake - "Yuki-kun! Yuki-ku........n!!"
-- Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari ~ Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei --
See you next Station (space cowboy *j/k*)
• For those interested in the mechanical designs of the series, Producer Hiroshi Kon (from Planet Entertainment) announced designs for an SDF escort fighter scheduled to appear in the series in the latest entry of the Production section here (http://www.gintetsu.com/production/index.html).
• Planet Entertainment also schedules a seperate Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari booth at the upcoming Tokyo International Anime Fair 2006 (http://www.taf.metro.tokyo.jp/). While nothing confirmed yet, it is rumored among fans that this will most likely feature broadcast start information of Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei.
02-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Wonder if FUNimation will be licensing this when it comes out.
03-25-2006, 05:48 AM
With Tokyo International Anime Fair (TAF) (http://www.taf.metro.tokyo.jp/) ongoing in Japan right now news and announcements for upcoming anime projects are coming in from jp. Newsites one after another. While news regarding the last year (at TAF IIRC) announced sequel for Leiji Matsumoto's (http://www.leiji-matsumoto.ne.jp/) Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari (aka The Galaxy Railways) have been quite rare lately (aside from the "we're working on the project" sort of updates at the Official Site (http://www.gintetsu.com/)) Matsumoto fansites (with fans attending TAF) report some really decent bits of news for this series:
• First of all I think I already mentioned in this thread that the Web Radio (http://www.gintetsu.com/radio/index.html) of the Official site for the sequel Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari ~ Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei stated the that this sequel TV series should consist only of 4 episodes. This rather odd number of episodes for a TV series now apparently has been confirmed at the Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari booth by the production company Planet (http://www.planet-e.co.jp/). Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei is really going to be only four episode long...however there's more to it.
• A third series for Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari has been announced with the production title Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari II! No further details wether how many episodes this series will consist of or when it's scheduled to be broadcasted as of yet though.
• Coming back to Ginga Tetsudô Monogatari ~ Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei some more details for that short series have been announced at TAF as well. First of all the theme song for the series is titled "ALL OF US" is written and composed by Tsunku (http://www.tsunku.net/) with arrangement by Shunsuke Suzuki and performance by Maki Goto.
Furthermore the Seiyuu for the new character Kirian Black (http://www.gintetsu.com/kirian/index.html) has been announced. It's going to be Akira Ishida.
No broadcast date stated by fansites yet...however the Official site will update on 30th March with more details from TAF (and hopefully announce a broadcast start at last ^_^)
Personally I can't wait to see some more of the Sirius Squad again (and especially her greatness Layla Destiny ^_^)
Edit: Looking a bit further for some more news I stumbledover some "Cosplay pictures" at the Watch Impress article for TAF...and it turns out the costumes for Wasurareta Toki no Wakusei are different (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20060323/taf2_38.jpg) (black...though Kirian's uniform looks brighter)
vBulletin® v3.6.8, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.