(Yeah, a simple and plain title, but it gets the point across.) =\
Hello, and welcome to my blog. My entries will often be about my musings and thoughts on anime/manga and its various titles, as well as the occasional entry not related to either anime or manga. Additional things also might be blogged about in the future, perhaps.
Entries will be made rather randomly. I blog when I feel like it, so at times I might be blogging rather sporadically, while at other times I might churn out entries frequently.
And that's all there is to it! I hope you like what you read.
My "Other" Anniversary (The Long Version)
My last entry briefly mentioned how I turned 19 years old. My intention was to post about some things about myself and how I've grown during these years, but I had a hectic week in terms of school work last week, so I was unable to do so. Therefore, I'll be doing so now.
As I look back on the last several years of my life, I remind myself about the various facets that make me who I am today. I am indeed proud of my positive traits, but I look at my negative traits and just sigh.
Let's get some bad stuff out of the way, first:
1. I'm a little sick of how selfish I've become. Over the course of my childhood and adolescence, I've been a rather selfless person, but I've been burned enough times by other people to have that "sharing" aspect of myself shrink over time. Whether it's hoarding that certain favourite dish of yours during dinner or something more serious, it's gotten to the point where I'm starting to notice such things on my own, and feeling bad about it. While I still try to do things for other people at times, it's not nearly as often as I once did.
2. I have an extremely short temper. What often leads to this is the fact that I hate repeating myself. I'm often able to control it around my friends and peers, but I'm having difficulty doing the same thing at home. As you can imagine, this leads to useless bickering between my parents and myself. It's something that I'm trying to correct, but with little success.
With those aside, here are a couple of other things I've seen in myself over the years:
1. I can be quite the rational thinker when I can. With the various things that have happened near myself and my circle of friends throughout high school, I was often able to look at the situation rationally and try to give any advice that I could.
2. I've also been complimented on my kindness by my friends at times. I often thought of myself as a rather friendly person, but having this reaffirmed by one's friends and peers is nice and reassuring. I might not always be pleasant, but I try to have positive intentions behind my actions.
3. When it comes to general things such as movies, food, or anime, it seems like I actually have a hard time critiquing and/or hating something. An anime might be one of the crappiest titles in existence, but at this point in my life, I'm always able to focus on just the positive aspects. One might also say that I don't have a good eye for finding flaws when indulging in such things, or that I'm incredibly easy to please, but hey, I am who I am. Though regardless, I would like to be able to adequately critique things such as a manga title or a plate of spaghetti in the future.
Well, that's more-or-less it. In short, I've had the best of times, and I've had the worst of times. But all you can do is to keep on living.
Here's to tomorrow.
Recent Blog Entries by Buster Blader 126