Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! discussion thread
PROBABLY IMOUTO STUFF. Is NakaImo really the nickname? Heh. And oh fuck it's Gokumi I am watching this so hard.
Airs Friday, July 6 at 01:55 JST on TBS
Animation studio: Studio Gokumi
As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
3) Don't use the blue "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
Shougo met an interesting girl.. make that two.
Konoe (his new possible girlfriend?) & Kannagi (who's probably Konoe's competition).
Birthday present from his mysterious sister was nice, but she's kinda stalker material.
Will give this one a few more episodes to see how it plays out.
Re: Episode 1
The first episode was cute, but sort of forgettable. But, it was a perfectly fine, normal episode. Nothing super crazy happened besides the MCs supposed younger sister stalking him (I would not be surprised if it turns out the girl is not his younger sister as she says).
At least Konoe is rather cute and that's a plus. Will continue to watch to see where it goes.
Re: Episode 1
That was kind of disappointing. It's not like I went in expecting a masterpiece and it wasn't bad. But I was hoping for something really good, but instead its.... okay. It's pleasant, its cute, I like the two main girls, but its on the generic side, and its kind of dumb at times in execution.
Kannagi is the best girl by a long shot. Abrasive on the one hand, playful, teasing and a bit snarky on the other, wonderful on both.
Konoe is cute and sweet as well, and she has a bit of a playful side. I was glad to see her tease Shougo a bit, because for a while there it was looking like she was going to be a bit too passive of a character. And then her bathroom scene was interesting, and I don't mean for fanservice reasons. She likes that Shougo seems to have an ecchi side and that he was looking at her breasts. (Yes, I know it probably looks really odd for me to list that as a positive after what I wrote about H ga Dekinai.) Anyway, she's a bit of an ecchi girl, which I like. Then I was disappointed when she then did the "OMG, I'm thinking dirty things, aaaaah" thing.
Oh, and she apparently has no nipples. .... Yes, I was looking closely for that. We do, in fact, get a very brief but full look at her left breast and she has no nipple.
Anyway, both of the two main girls look like they'll be pretty entertaining and worthy of their "main love interest/most likely to be imouto" positions. It's too early to say much about the other three, though I think its obvious the witch girl will turn out to just have an onii-chan fetish or be a member of the drama club or something.
The show could pull an "LOL its not either of them" ending for who the imouto is, but Konoe and Kannagi are the only realistic candidates. Konoe is the girl on the front cover of the first light novel (I think) and is otherwise clearly the "main girl" while the episode drops a number of hints pointing towards her. Kannagi is clearly the other main girl and if you assume Imouto has the same hair style now as then, as is the case 99% of the time in anime, and that we were shown an accurate representation of her hair (I'm pretty sure it was brown when it was shown fairly up-close) then it pretty much has to be her. Especially since blatant hints tossed out in episode one are likely to be misdirection.
Unless the sister's identity is revealed in the first novel, but that seems unlikely. But part of me kind of hopes it is.
I'm choosing to just roll with the whole secret imouto thing and the seemingly rather dumb circumstances for everything related to it. Maybe it will it will eventually justify all of it, but it probably won't and I don't particularly care as long as they don't do anything too abusive of my intelligence and suspension of disbelief.
And there's clearly going to be some added fanservice in the BDs. Thankfully, this show took one of the least offensive routes: blacking out the areas under the skirts. Makes it obvious its being censored and will be showing more on the DVDs/BDs, but isn't obnoxious to look at.
Anyway, it was nice first episode and I guess it more or less met expectations. Not as good as I hoped but certainly better than the low end of my expectations. I'll certainly be sticking with it unless it takes unfortunate turn for the dull or the excessively stupid.
Re: Episode 1
Dude. Just go with Konoe. She's pretty, has a fun personality, is not averse to ecchi, and is probably not your sister.
Ok, show over. Lets go home.
Re: Episode 1
The only think that no one has mentioned yet is the phone that Konoe was carrying appeared to be the one being used when his imouto called him that night. He remarked that it was unusual after he picked it up for her.
I'm also getting the feeling that there may be more than one sister out there. Maybe his dad was a very busy executive. ;)
Eh, show, but so far this season hasn't had much to write home about.
Re: Episode 1
- OP promises many cute girls. Yay Gokumi.
- "Hey kid, you can't fuck as easily in a busy dorm. Why do you think we got you an apartment?" Best parent?
- Just noticed the scar on Shougo's forehead.
- Er, wait, it didn't look like Shougo pushed Konoe out of the way of the truck at all. He was on the complete opposite side of it. She, uh, also seems rather composed for having almost died.
- ...Seriously this is the least dramatic "almost got run over" scene ever.
- Oh and <3 <3 Ishihara Kaori. MARU!! Another StylipS anime, this.
- Sparkle sparkle.
- And the other potential imouto goes to Sakura Ayane. How did they resist the teptation to cast Taketatsu in her role, especially since Taketatsu is already in this show anyway?
- Well, at least they made a token effort to explain why Shougo forgets his past.
- Jeeze, Konoe just goes straight for the kill.
- Lots of censored upskirts, but it's shadowing censorship, which is at the very least much less annoying than beams of light or "comedic" overlays.
- Yep. I love Miyabi already. She's obviously tsuntsun but playful at the same time, so it's not just 100% tsun.
- So the girl who talked to him during the funeral is Mei. At least it sure as hell sounded like Hidaka Rina at the start, not that they couldn't mix roles intentionally or have another seiyuu try to sound like her.
- And now, what, either Mei owns the same phone as Konoe, or it's Konoe speaking to him with her voice running through a Hidaka Rina-ifier filter? Konoe is the only one who has black hair, like the girl in the photo does. But the next scene doesn't flow as if Konoe had just called him. Mei, then.
- Granted, knowing him when he was yong doesn't make her his sister. SO it's still up in the air who that will be. I wouldn't mind it being totally out in left field and turning out to be one of the two student council girls besides Konoe. Though I guess they're older than him.
- Tip to anime writers: Nobody stands up in the middle of class and unconsciously talks out loud. Nobody. Ever. Under any circumstances. Unless they have a mental disorder.
I really liked that. It'll probably fall prey to the usual harem anime problems by the end, but for now, good first episode.
Unsurprisingly, while all the girls are super attractive, tsuntsun imouto-type Miyabi is just very much my type of anime girl. Frankly, though, I think Shougo would be best served going for the harem ending. They're all lovely.
Re: Episode 1
Character design adaptations felt, I don't know, empty to me? Opening song was catchy though.
I pretty much have the same opinion as when I read the manga--nothing special and extremely frustrating but I feel forced to continue because, by some god damn miracle--the main character might actually end up marrying his imouto. Barring that, Miyabi would be my favorite.
To its credit, being filthy rich is at least a good excuse for having a harem of admirers.
ZOMG Koshimizu Ami reverse trap! All my hearts.
Anyway, the show is really dumb, but not actually bad. Shougo's not an idiot, the girls are attractive and entertaining, and by and large its just competently done.
Re: Episode 2
So, if Shougo is the heir to this powerful conglomerate, and, now he has someone who deals with problems of his company who knows about his father's illegitimate child, why can't they find the girl's mother or some info on her? Between the two groups, that should easily be possible - Shougo should have at least asked Mister X if she knew anything about the girl's mother. Well, at least, Mister X came up with the plausible idea of trying to do DNA testing of any of the girls who get close to him.
The rest of the episode was mostly boring (episode needed more Konoe), but, after the ballroom dancing scene, I have to wonder if the harem ending is the best ending for this show or should Shougo just marry Konoe and get it over with.
At end, we have Miyabi taking a bath, fondling herself. So, who's next?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.