Zetsuen no Tempest discussion thread
The summaries I've read are totally nonsensical so I don't have any idea what this is about!
Airs Friday, Oct 5 at 02:00 JST on MBS
Animation studio: Bones
As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
3) Don't use the blue "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
And so, it all begins with an ordinary guy being asked to save the world by someone who is turning people into statues and causing worldwide disasters. Hakaze is marooned in a barrel on an island thanks to Samon and is a magic user who can't use magic while cast away, but she gets her message to Mahiro through a bottle. Aiwa is killed, and Mahiro is determined to find her killer (who I think is Samon, or at least he is somehow involved) while gaining special powers. Now, Yoshino is in it as well. And of course, the first sign of trouble appeared when Eva arrived trying to shoot Yoshino.
This episode does a nice job in setting up the story, and that there is someone out on a conquest to destroy the world or something. Seems like this show is off to a good start. Even though it's a title from a shounen manga, it definitely feels like the creator had females in mind with the bishounen
Re: Episode 1
A really great first episode, the best of the season so far for me. I was hoping for a lot considering some of the companies and staff behind it, but also prepared for disappointment. Surprisingly, it actually impressed me more than I had ever expected it to.
Re: Episode 1
Well, that was okay I guess. Kind of a mess, but the show has some potential.
Unfortunately, the two characters I care about probably aren't going to get enough attention for the show to keep my interest and I'm highly skeptical the show is going to have enough going for it to make up for that deficiency.
Re: Episode 1
Hakaze spirit sure is amazing.
That Samon guy looks interesting.
Yoshino & Mahiro flashbacks were nice.
The black iron syndrome, magic, action...pretty cool!
Yoshino's world turned upside down in a day.
Will be watching this.
Hakaze is just a guide so far.
Hope we'll get to see her magic in real action.
Mahiro seems to only care about finding his sister's killer.
Yoshino on the other hand is pretty clueless and naive.
Things seem to be changing for Yoshino.
Re: Episode 1
- HanaKana! Yaaaaaaaay.
- Oh god. I totally knew this next girl was Sawashiro Miyuki from the first split-second straining-to-get-out-of-the-barrel type noise she made. Just knew it. Fuck yeah HanaKana and Miyukichi!
- And I love her character. =D
- And now Mizuki Nana! Holy shit, these seiyuu.
- "Even in my underwear I'm still pretty tough." Ahaha, Hakaze you are the best character, hands down.
Maaaaaaaaan this show is chuu2 as fuck. And the soundtrack is absolutely obnoxious. Totally overblown melodramatic orchestral noise in every scene, argh, that drove me to distraction.
But oh my god. Hakaze. She is absolutely amazing.
Re: Episode 2
- I can't help but laugh every time this show tries to be super serious. Maaaan, Kuroneko, Kobato, and Chuu2Koi have guaranteed I'll never take this 2edgy2dark4uuuuuuuuu stuff seriously again. I can still enjoy it, but not without snickering under my breath the whole time.
- Mahiro is almost comically unaffected by the mass death going on around him.
- Maaaaaaan Frauline Mizuki Yamamoto Evangeline Nana is having a really bad day.
Ahaha seriously, quoting Shakespeare, overly dramatic music, I cannot take this seriously one bit. It's actually not bad, but I'm pretty sure it's not suppoed to be the comedy that it feel like to me. :sd:
This show takes itself absurdly seriously.
Also WTF this ED, haha.
Yoshino & Mahiro. What a pair!
That mage guy was just too strong to be taken lightly.
Mahiro was totally like a rabid dog in that fight.
Quarantining the city is not good...
Yoshino seems to be the smarter and cool headed one.
Those two are like fire and water, a perfect match.
Re: Episode 3
More of the "meh" feeling from last time, although not so bad now that I kind of expect it. The singing scene was nice, and at least they're not going too overboard with the Shakespeare stuff. It looks like we'll be seeing the backstory on Yoshino and Mahiro next time, so maybe that can make them a little more interesting to watch.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.