Sukitte Ii na yo. discussion thread
Boy, girl, shoujo manga, etc.
Airs Saturday, Nov 6 at 23:59 JST on TV Saitama
Animation studio: Zexcs
As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
3) Don't use the blue "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
- Kayano Ai in the leading role, Mei. And rather nice looking art so far.
- Kobayashi Yuu feels like a weird choice to voice a mother character.
- And Mei's father is dead, so it's just her and her mom.
- So Mei is a social outcast who doesn't want to need friends after being betrayed and blamed for the death of the class rabbit when she was young.
- Sakurai Takahiro for the male lead. As male seiyuu go, I really like him, so that's a plus.
- I also like that his friend isn't instantly made out to be some jerk. Sure he starts out talking about girls, girls, girls but when he bumped into Mei, his voice didn't carry the scorn I would have expected for such a scene. He certainly isn't fond of her (and be honest, she's not giving anyone reason to be fond of her), but he seemed mostly confused and sympathetic for her. At least that's what I felt from the voice.
- lol and then in the very next scene he does a lot of damage to that positive initial first impression. :sd: He's being playful and teasing them, but the "your skirt is short, you must want it" line was pretty -_- inducing. Well, whatever, good and bad impressions cancel out, so I'm still neutral.
- Then he tries to lift a girl's skirt without knowing who she is. >___> Ah whatever I'm spending too much time thinking about an inconsequential character. I wouldn't even comment on it if the first impression hadn't been unexpectedly positive. The important bit is that this is where Yamato falls in love. By being kicked down the stairs, haha.
- ...Nakanishi does seem to feel bad about it. That's good. In any event, he and Yamato aren't going to be the problem. Jealous girls are. We all know they're the scariest characters in these shows.
- I really like Yamato so far. He doesn't come off as the "possessive bad boy" type that a ot of shoujo manga romances seem to prefer.
- I also like that Mei apologized, though I think that surprised her most of all.
- Heh! Yamato and Mei are quite cute together already.
- Salaryman in the bakery. I can't tell if he's a creepy rapist or what. He's pretty shady though.
- Oh. That was totally a rapist smile. Great. I guess we'll get to see Yamato kick his ass at least.
- Asami is cute. Too bad she'll almost certainly hate Mei once she realizes Yamato is into Mei.
- And here comes the creepy stalker.
- Oh, I like that Mei actually did something smart like run into a well-lit public place and call for help. Good on her. Also a good excuse to directly call Yamato, rather than have him just coincidentally appear with perfect timing.
Ahhhhh, that was really good. It's completely unoriginal shoujo romance stuff, but executed really well. And who cares about originality these days? I'm definitely going on to ep 2 now.
- Oh man, he brought her to the karaoke box. Awwwwwwkward, for her at least.
- Thankfully she doesn't get dismembered by jealous girls. Asami even treats her like a normal person, at least on the surface. I'd love if she and Mei became friends somehow...
- One thing that's really selling this couple for me is that Mei doesn't overreact. Well, okay, she overreacts, but not overreacts her overreactions. It's not a totally overblown fiction overreaction. Well except maybe when she knocked the microphone out of his hands.
- More Asami! <3 Please be a nice girl, please be a nice girl. She's definitely acting nice. Damn I hope this is the real her.
- Huh. Her telling Mei she's kissed Yamato (which might be a lie) seemed like her being catty, but the show depicting her as a victim too (being teased for the size of her breasts) virtually guarantees she'll become Mei's friend. It'll be a pretty complicated relationship though. But hopefully a good one!
- Oh my god, Yamato is awesome. The flashback where he cheerfully destroys the guys who were making fun of Asami was fucking brilliant.
- Yeah it really feels like Asami isn't being malicious. She's saying things that someone trying to crush Mei's hopes would... but it does not feel like that's her intention. So far, I really really like her.
- But it sure is messing with Mei's head, and Yamato's nonchalant reaction to being asked about it isn't helping. Poor Mei, you're thinking too much!
- Awesome, Mei stood up for Asami. Lost a few hit points in the process though.
- ...It shouldn't, but it always bothers me when anime characters put small bandaids on large cuts. Given where she was bleeding, he totally just put the advesive part right on the cut! THAT WOULD FUCKING HURT! >______>
- Nakanishi, you fuckup. I like that he stood up for Asami but talk about the most awkward and unhelpful possible way to do it. :sd:
- But hey, with a little assist from Mei, Nakanishi confesses to Asami already. I figured they'd be paired off eventually, and sooner is better than later. If Asami stops fawning over Yamato, she has no reason to clash with Mei later on. Yay!
- Yep they're going out now. Heh.
- Mei you are the cutest stalker!
"It tasted like fried chicken." ...Heh. Very nice. Very very nice. Yamato's "different types of kisses" was a little cheesy, but I rather like where they went with it. Lots and lots of great things in this episode. This show is definitely a keeper. It's straight-up fantastic so far. I do worry too much time will be spent on other girls being awful towards Mei, but maybe it'll avoid that particular cliche, or at least not indulge it too much.
Re: Episode 2
I forgot how much I loved reading this story the first time(in manga)......looks like the adaption is going to be spot on. This is going to be so good. I like how Yamato is not reacting how typical male leads do. But then neither is Mei. Looks like we might get something fresh here......
I identify with Mei the most.....you don't *want* to be interested, but you are....and they know you are interested and tease you about it......*sigh*
First date clothes choice problems...
Having a hot boyfriend caused Mei to feel a bit down.
Well, at least he's really nice and supportive ^^
Mei was awesome at bowling! Yamato was totally happy about it too.
That other girl Aiko was pretty jealous and kinda mean. I don't like her type.
Her words really upset Mei.
It's nice to have such a great guy like Yamato who knows how to make her feel better.
Re: Episode 3
That was just... wonderful! It far and away exceeded my expectations for adapting the manga. They've changed some of the events around, but I think they've actually improved it. I think I also like some of the subtle changes to the way the characters are drawn. I'm really beginning to like this a lot.
Re: Episode 3
Didn't post about episodes 1 and 2, but they were pretty good. Asami is <3
Anyway, thankfully Yamato became way less "OMG PERFECT" this episode, but not feeling the Aiko stuff. Can't we have a show like this without the bullying? Please?
And oh god these previews are so adorable. Kayano Aiiiiii
Re: Episode 3
Wow! what an episode. Yamato revealing some of his wounds to help Mei was really powerful. We get a real explanation of why he fell in love with her and of his strange isolation. Sometimes people are very different from you think them to be, and I think that is why no other girl has really connected with him other than Mei. This show is a keeper. For me this was a home run.
Re: Episode 1
I'm not liking it as much as My Little Monster yet, but for another shoujo school romance, it's still better than I expected, and it's another one I'll definitely be following. It is better than a lot of other stuff I'm still following after only having seen the first episode. I'm glad Crunchyroll added this one, although I wish they put all 4 episodes up today. I guess I'll have to wait a few days to catch up.
Yamato is just too sweet sometimes.
Things are kinda getting harder for Tachibana though.
At least their relationship is making some progress.
Yamato's "friends" are no fun... mostly jealous I guess.
Mei seems to be very observant.
Really nice episode with some issues resolved.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.