Hakkenden: Touhou Hakken Ibun Discussion Thread
A classic Japanese story retold shoujo style with bishounen and everything.
Airs: Saturday, January 5
As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
3) Don't use the blue "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
- Shino is about to die, but is still alive thanks to someone making some deal.
- Shino is having a good time taking a dip with his talking raven friend who brought home some black algae
- Hamaji sure loves to cook with some weird ingredients.
- Kenta skips out on school, then sees some girl in the forest that he says is Shino. How is that thing Shino?
- Guess who comes knocking, the black algae, supersized.
- Some guys in fox masks come knocking. And the raven lives inside Shino as a weapon.
- Kenta runs away, and it's that girl again, attacking with webs.
- Sosuke as a dog saves them, then Shino uses the raven as a sword to kill that thing.
- Hamaji is missing, the Church has declared war, and Shino and Sosuke are off on a journey.
Interesting setup for this show as it is about a classic Japanese story, but these characters are Christians. The characters look pretty nice as well. I'll give it another episode or two to see what direction this show ends up going.
Re: Episode 1
Good enough I guess. Definitely has potential for some good stuff later on. I'm not really familiar with this story, although I know this is far from its first telling. So at least I don't really have any preconceived notions about how it should go or anything like that. Hopefully I find it worth my time. Feels like it will probably have a less-than-satisfactory ending with only 13 episodes, though.
Re: Episode 1
Lots of guys, one girl. It's Shoujo!
Which means I'll be watching this one.
The characters looks nice too.
Story itself looks promising as well.
It's nice they're not "only" human.
Maybe, just maybe this will be an action filled shoujo anime.
Let's hope so.
Hamaji really is a pain.
At least he looks fun and interesting.
His appetite reminds me of Luffy from One Piece.
It's nice they threw in some funny parts.
Satomi looks interesting as well, but he keeps conflicting with Shino.
Sousuke's dog attracting thing was pretty LOL
Re: Episode 2
- For someone who was kidnapped, Hamaji is getting the celebrity treatment from Kaname.
- Shino is wondering off like a kid, and gets flattened by Kobungo.
- Shino sure eats a lot, much like Son Goku.
- Careful. Rio's dog is not the same kind of pet Sosuke's dog is.
- And Hamaji meets up with Shino and Sosuke again at the house.
- Seiran senses a demon in Shino. Looks like he's about to cause problems.
- Kenpachi is in his jail cell, and Seiran is beating him to a pulp with his bugs.
Pretty good episode I would say given what this show is. It definitely feels like a more serious and action-oriented version of Saiyuki with Shino being so much like Goku. At least I will tune in for an episode or two more before I make any decisions. At least we get to see more Hamaji and in a different outfit with some pretty boys. Sosuke's dog is pretty cute as well.
Re: Episode 2
Oh, this doesn't have a 1080p option either. And it's not even the same publisher as Love Live! or anything. Weird.
So yeah, more of this story. With lots of bishounen. I feel like I'm being a little more patient with certain aspects of this show than maybe I should, but whatever. Staying positive works out pretty well when there's not all that much to get particular excited about this season.
Nothing much was going on this time.
Mostly Shino relaxing and having fun.
The history lesson part was interesting.
He does act like a brat most of the time too..
Wish they made him a bit more grown up, but with similar personality.
Genpachi finally escaped. I'm glad because they tortured him more than enough.
Interesting how they always put the short action scenes at the beginning or the end.
Maybe now things will finally get moving.
- So Rio is the one who saved Shino and "family" during that massacre.
- Just like before, Kobungo gets thrown into Shino again by the monks.
- Rio has two of the eight gems for Sosuke and Shino. They are a lot more than just gems.
- Gotta find all eight of them. Now, how is it possible to do that?
- Genpachi is in a lot of pain emotionally. He has lived such a tragic life. Unfortunately, Seiran just thinks of him as a demon.
- Those bugs have pushed Genpachi to his limit. He is now a demon.
- Shino knows the truth, and the three are in the river after the monks shoot arrows at them.
Alright, this episode is at least an improvement over the first two now that the gems are in place, and the story about Genpachi is just really sad. Well, I will give it one more episode before my five episode rule kicks in.
Re: Episode 3
All I can think about is how disgusting cow liver ice cream sounds.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.