- I really like Shizuku already. Tomatsu Harukaaaaaaaaas!
- Ahaha great reaction from Shizuku when Haru jumps out the window.
- Ohhhh, so I guess this was the show with the "rape" comment I'd been hearing about. Um... it went by and was forgotten so fast that I almost missed it. I dunno. Finding myself not terribly outraged. I mean it's not okay
to casual threaten to rape someone and using it in a comedic/lighthearted context is, in some
ways, "worse". But unless it becomes a recurring theme with Haru I'm just writing it off as a very awkwardly written line that likely has no bearing on the course of the show and isn't at all indicative of the show's message or values. All in all, this scores maybe a 1.5 out of 10, tops
, on a scale measuring the questionable ways anime has referenced or used sexual assault. So, moving along.
- Man Haru is so gullible when he hears "friend".
- Ahaha off to a great start. Soda and milkshake hair.
- Well that's much better. She stands up for him against the fake friends, and he steps in to help her when they approach her.
- And it rapidly turns into a confession. Shizuku going over to hug him made for a pretty damn sweet scene.
- Heh. Haru has his head filled with very strange ideas.
- Shizuku's desperate attempts to not give a fuck are adorable.
- Ahahahaha that look on her face when he hugs her. <3
- Oh and to top it off, he turns out to be her rival for top of the class. Heh.
- XD She gets abducted by delinquents (who feed her snacks... more of those girls please) and she still finds time to study.
- Ouch. Would have liked to hear a "sorry" for punching her in the face, but I think it's obvious he didn't realize what he had done at first, and certainly that wasn't his intention since he was hell-bent on beating up the people he thought hurt her. Somewhat awkwardly done scene though. Feels incomplete.
- Haha oh god, just as she falls for him, he decides he's not sexually attracted to her at all. Still loves her though!
Things moved a bit too quickly at the end there but the rest of the episode was gold. There are at least as many ways a shoujo romance can go horribly wrong as there are for shounen, so many pitfalls do remain, but I call this first episode great, with no particularly major reservations.