- Kayano Ai in the leading role, Mei. And rather nice looking art so far.
- Kobayashi Yuu feels like a weird choice to voice a mother character.
- And Mei's father is dead, so it's just her and her mom.
- So Mei is a social outcast who doesn't want to need friends after being betrayed and blamed for the death of the class rabbit when she was young.
- Sakurai Takahiro for the male lead. As male seiyuu go, I really like him, so that's a plus.
- I also like that his friend isn't instantly made out to be some jerk. Sure he starts out talking about girls, girls, girls but when he bumped into Mei, his voice didn't carry the scorn I would have expected for such a scene. He certainly isn't fond of her (and be honest, she's not giving anyone reason to be fond of her), but he seemed mostly confused and sympathetic for her. At least that's what I felt from the voice.
- lol and then in the very next scene he does a lot of damage to that positive initial first impression.
He's being playful and teasing them, but the "your skirt is short, you must want it" line was pretty -_- inducing. Well, whatever, good and bad impressions cancel out, so I'm still neutral.
- Then he tries to lift a girl's skirt without knowing who she is. >___> Ah whatever I'm spending too much time thinking about an inconsequential character. I wouldn't even comment on it if the first impression hadn't been unexpectedly positive. The important bit is that this is where Yamato falls in love. By being kicked down the stairs, haha.
- ...Nakanishi does seem to feel bad about it. That's good. In any event, he and Yamato aren't going to be the problem. Jealous girls are. We all know they're the scariest characters in these shows.
- I really like Yamato so far. He doesn't come off as the "possessive bad boy" type that a ot of shoujo manga romances seem to prefer.
- I also like that Mei apologized, though I think that surprised her most of all.
- Heh! Yamato and Mei are quite cute together already.
- Salaryman in the bakery. I can't tell if he's a creepy rapist or what. He's pretty shady though.
- Oh. That was totally a rapist smile. Great. I guess we'll get to see Yamato kick his ass at least.
- Asami is cute. Too bad she'll almost certainly hate Mei once she realizes Yamato is into Mei.
- And here comes the creepy stalker.
- Oh, I like that Mei actually did something smart like run into a well-lit public place and call for help. Good on her. Also a good excuse to directly call Yamato, rather than have him just coincidentally
appear with perfect timing.
Ahhhhh, that was really good. It's completely unoriginal shoujo romance stuff, but executed really well. And who cares about originality these days? I'm definitely going on to ep 2 now.