- Oh man, he brought her to the karaoke box. Awwwwwwkward, for her at least.
- Thankfully she doesn't get dismembered by jealous girls. Asami even treats her like a normal person, at least on the surface. I'd love if she and Mei became friends somehow...
- One thing that's really selling this couple for me is that Mei doesn't overreact. Well, okay, she overreacts, but not overreacts her overreactions. It's not a totally overblown fiction overreaction. Well except maybe when she knocked the microphone out of his hands.
- More Asami! <3 Please be a nice girl, please be a nice girl. She's definitely acting
nice. Damn I hope this is the real her.
- Huh. Her telling Mei she's kissed Yamato (which might be a lie) seemed like her being catty, but the show depicting her as a victim too (being teased for the size of her breasts) virtually guarantees she'll become Mei's friend. It'll be a pretty complicated relationship though. But hopefully a good one!
- Oh my god, Yamato is awesome
. The flashback where he cheerfully destroys the guys who were making fun of Asami was fucking brilliant.
- Yeah it really feels like Asami isn't being malicious. She's saying things that someone trying to crush Mei's hopes would... but it does not
feel like that's her intention. So far, I really really like her.
- But it sure is messing with Mei's head, and Yamato's nonchalant reaction to being asked about it isn't helping. Poor Mei, you're thinking too much!
- Awesome, Mei stood up for Asami. Lost a few hit points in the process though.
- ...It shouldn't, but it always bothers me when anime characters put small bandaids on large cuts. Given where she was bleeding, he totally just put the advesive part right on the cut! THAT WOULD FUCKING HURT! >______>
- Nakanishi, you fuckup. I like that he stood up for Asami but talk about the most awkward and unhelpful possible way to do it.
- But hey, with a little assist from Mei, Nakanishi confesses to Asami already. I figured they'd be paired off eventually, and sooner is better than later. If Asami stops fawning over Yamato, she has no reason to clash with Mei later on. Yay!
- Yep they're going out now. Heh.
- Mei you are the cutest stalker!
"It tasted like fried chicken." ...Heh. Very nice. Very very nice. Yamato's "different types of kisses" was a little cheesy, but I rather like where they went with it. Lots and lots of great things in this episode. This show is definitely
a keeper. It's straight-up fantastic so far. I do worry too much time will be spent on other girls being awful towards Mei, but maybe it'll avoid that particular cliche, or at least not indulge it too much.