Re: Episode 4
- Drinkin' tea on a tank. So refined.
- I adore Miho so much. Despite having the "tank trauma!" background, and seeming at first like a very "normal" girl, she's pretty damn clutch when in a commanding role. She's confident, smart, and very good at what she does. It's a joy to watch.
- Drinkin' tea while being shot by tanks. Hardcore.
- And there's the shot that ended the flash forward in the first episode.
- Hahaha, their goal is to fight the battle without spilling their tea. Oh Gloriana.
- Awwwww, Saori is worried about Miporin. <3 And Miporin is pretty badass. Shrapnel? She's not worried about no shrapnel.
- And what's that about the tanks being coated with carbon inside? So some kind of carbon nano armor I guess? That would explain how they're able to use rounds that can blow huge holes in mountains...
- Momo, you are a lunatic. Also, pretty terrible at this.
- Poor Miho. She's surrounded by idiots.
- Heh. Anzu is so unconcerned. Life is a bit game for her.
- The pink loli tank has been abandoned! Two down.
- Bwhahah I love how they're rolling through town firing rounds that leave big craters in the road.
- And people just stand on the side of the road, completely unprotected. o_O
- Cosplay tank and Volleyball tank score kills! Your turn, Miporin-gumi.
- THE TEA SPILLED. SHIT IS GETTING SERIOUS.
- Haha damnit, your stupid banners gave you away. Also I guess property damage is completely okay in these matches.
- And volleyball team counted their victory a bit prematurely...
- Team A is all that's left. Go go Miho!
- Hahaha, okay so not only is property damage okay, the citizens look forward to it because insurance will reimburse them enough to buy a new place.
- Also this first person stuff is awesome. And for what it's worth, this show probably has the best use of 3dcg I've ever seen in anime, period. And given how much I hate the stuff on principle, that's pretty high praise. The one thing that still realy bugs me is the characters being CG when they're sticking out of the tanks in some shots, but oh well.
- Cornered! Student council to the rescue!
- ...HAHHAHA Momo you're the worst. YOU ARE THE WORST. But I like you.
- They escape. And take down two more, andddddddddd... awwww. So close, Miho. Fantastic attempt! And it definitely makes sense for Ooarai to lose here. If anything I'm surprised they got to close.
- Darjeeling, that better have been roundabout praise, because you know Miho did damn well...
- Ahahahah oh wow. Anzu, of course, is just having a shitload of fun doing that horrible dance. (Also... lots of jiggle in Team A.)
- Go away, Hana's mom. Hana needs tanks! They help her orgasm!
- Damn, Hana is hardcore. She gets disowned by her family and it ain't no thang for her.
- Awww, good. The pink tank loli team apologized.
- And Darjeeling acknowledges Miho as her rival!
Girls und Panzer: Zenkoku-hen!
My god. This show is outrageously good. And just as importantly, it's being recognized as such in Japan. It's been the second best-ranked show of the season on Amazon during the past couple weeks alongside Chuunibyou (not counting Gintama).
One thing I find very impressive about this show is the flow of the tank battles. Not being a tank expert I can't compare these models to their real-world performance, but something about how they move feels so authentic anyway. There's a real feeling of weight and power to everything. The urban battles were especially impressive in this regard.
I expected this show to be good, but wow. It's pretty much a dead heat with Hidamari and Chuunibyou, and that I did not expect.
Last edited by something : 11-04-2012 at 11:29 AM.