11-30-2012, 02:52 PM
This User May Transform At Will
Join Date: Jul 2006
Re: ANNCast - FUNimation (Adam & Lance)
It's now up: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2012-11-30
EDIT: some of my notes...
- Mass Effect: Paragon Lost delay reason is Wal-mart.
- Current streaming season: none of them tanked (doing pretty well).
- Big winners: Kamisama Kiss (an educated guess and it did very well), Psycho-Pass (tied with Code:Breaker).
- Roku: fall '12 survey (22000 completed survey; 4.5% from Roku FUNimation app).
- 1) FUNimation.com (80% of traffic), 4) Roku, 6) Tablet.
- Looking into console apps next (looking into cost & logistics).
- Kindle Fire app to be released in the next couple weeks.
- Samsung TV and Blu-ray apps soon.
- 63% online, 75% from Netflix watch the majority of the series before buying anime.
- After watching streaming anime: 37.7% buy more anime, 10.5% buy less anime, 51.8% buy the same amount.
- Survey: 51% 18 to 24, 31% 13 to 17 -> younger generation buying earlier.
- Serial Experiments Lain -> Didn't shed new info with the video banding issue; Lance tell people to check Blu-ray.com review (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Serial.../53160/#Review).
- Hellsing Ultimate and Serial Experiement Lain sales will factor into these higher end releases in 2013. Why a Hellsing Ultimate artbox -> "contracts." Want to get (and probably will get) OVA 9 & 10; don't have it yet.
- Fullmetal Alchemist on Blu-ray (with 10th anniversay coming up): would love it, but up to Aniplex Japan.
- Big sellers so far this year (outside of Hellsing Ultiamte and Serial Experiments Lain): Sekirei, Milos, Dragon Age movie, Hetalia World Series, Trigun movie, Evangelion movies, Summer Wars, Rosario + Vampire.
- Didn't do quite as well (hit the numbers, but didn't break out): Fractale, Shiki, Shangri-La.
- Tales of Vesperia ~The First Strike~ did fine.
- Fairy Tail is doing well.
- One Piece (bigger) collections drawing in more fans.
- No big bombs this year.
- Eng Dub preference on home video: 27.8% always, 27.6% majority, 22.5% half, 15.9% rarely, 6.2% never.
- JP Dub with EngSub preference on home video: 17.3% always, 19.3% majority, 29.2% half, 26.2% rarely, 8% never.
- Steins:Gate is doing fantastic. Would like to get movie.
- Stay tuned on Evangelion 3.0; don't have it.
- Release date delays? Putting it out fast or do it right?
- FUNimation.com player/site update?...major one, stay tuned.
- Oh! Edo Rocket (calculated risk; thought it would have been a pleasant surprise); didn't perform sales last year.
- B Gata H Kei did well.
- Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine: no date yet; like mid year.
- Subtitled only anime release in the future? It's going to be a while before it happens. Considering it. Dub prominent company.
- Deadman Wonderland is doing quite well.
- Hitman Reborn (Lance: no interest); the longer the series, the harder is to get people to buy it.
- Strong World release window: no release date; no One Piece news for a while now.
- Tatami Galaxy home video release: not right now.
- Mihoshi Specials: stay tuned.
- Limited Edition for movies/OVAs: hard to do for retailers; not out of possibility; cost factors.
- Cased Closed: the jury is still out (5% chance).
- Paranoia Agent: it doesn't sound like it will be coming from them.
Last edited by WTK : 11-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.