Re: Anime Sales in Japan - 2013
I am sure Something will post the details soon, but the Weekly Result from Oricon has been just out.
- GirlPan is finally confirmed of its TOPSELLER "hegemon" position for 2012 Fall season by overtaking Chuunibyou with this week's result as the first wave of re-stock is finally delivered. Some are disappointed that the total does not pass 20k this week (partly because Sound Scan, an alternative sales pollster, earlier put the total to 21k this week) but it is clear that it will surpass 20k "Big Hit" mark once the subsequent wave of re-stock delivery happens at the end of this month. The discussion now shifts from whether it will break 20k (it will) to whether it can overthrow KuroBas in its sales.
- K is doing much better for its vol.4 compared to its previous volume, selling >1k more in the first week of release. Some attribute this to its bundle Drama CD being more popular but I am not 100% certain. Anyway, very impressive.
- Initial-D is doing much much better than Amazon Stalker's prediction. This shows a lot of purchases were done in storefronts. It is clearly one of the most unsung heroes for this season, breaking 6k. However, compared to the >30k sales for the 4th stage back in 2004, the franchise has lost a lot of its allure it seems. Nonetheless we can tell the remaining core fans are still sizable in number.
- KamiHaji is still moving up gradually in sales and now breaks 6k line. It is easily one of the best selling shoujo shows in recent time.
- The gap between better selling titles and bad selling titles is wide for this season. We don't even see one title that is between 3k-6k !!
*1 TariTari v5 7,101
*2 K v4 3,905
*3 Nobuna v5 3,590
*4 Minamike BD Box 2,855
*5 GirlPan v1 2,358 18,713
*6 DT v2 1,332
*8 Milky Holmes Alternative 896
*9 SAO v3 881 28,442
10 Moyashimon2 v5 862
１ Initial-D5th v1 6,534
2 One Piece 2,164
３ DT v2 1,814
４ K v4 1,712
６ Totoro 1,021 1,176,535
９ Nobuna v5 791
１２ Moyashimon2 v5 716
２０ BROOK 514 21,085
２２ OHZ 508 21,145
２４ KamiHaji v1 462 4,335
2012 Fall Vol 1 Rankings
Key: Total - # Weeks Charted - Title - Format - Release Date
Updated as of 2013/01/15 list
18,713 *3 Girls und Panzer [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
16,782 *3 Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/19
12,409 *2 To LOVE-Ru Darkness [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
11,723 *2 Gintama' Enchousen [DVD]: 2012/12/19
11,036 *2 Little Busters! [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 10,000 Line - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*9,690 *2 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26
*7,659 *3 Psycho-Pass [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
*7,503 *4 K [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/07
*6,534 *1 Initial D 5th Stage [DVD+BD]: 2013/01/11
*6,249 *3 Kami-sama Hajimemashita [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/28
- - - - - - - - - - - Manabi Line (2,899) - - - - - - - - - - -
*2,497 *1 Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankenai yo ne [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26
*2,494 *1 Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/21
*2,392 *1 Jormungand Perfect Order [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
*2,184 *1 Busou Shinki [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26
*1,759 *1 Ixion Saga DT [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/05
**,*** ** BTOOOM! [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/21
**,*** ** Shinsekai Yori [DVD+BD]: 2012/11/30 (vol.2 sold **,594)
**,*** ** Code:Breaker [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** ** Hayate no Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/21
**,*** ** Sukitte Ii na yo [DVD+BD]: 2012/12/26
Last edited by symbv : 01-15-2013 at 04:31 AM.