Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS AMAZING.
Like. I can't even begin to describe how amazing that was. I have never, ever seen battle scenes that amazing in...anything. Just so much awesome.
Sadly some of the iconic moments (LINKER CORE GETTO and Reinforce using Starlight Breaker) were cut, but what was added more than made up for it. LIKE WHEN REINFORCE TRIED TO DROP A FREAKING COLONY ONTO NANOHA AND FATE SLICED IT IN HALF.
It was pretty much perfect, basically. They even left in Snow Rain, in a remixed version. All my tears.
Re: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 2nd A's
Nanoha 2nd A's
- Awww, introduced by Rein two years later. Cute.
- Oh well that's different. I guess sitting in bed is too boring a setting, we need to almost get hit by a truck then meet the book no a magic circle high in the air.
- Nanoha and Fate, reunited. Staring lovingly into each other's eyes. ♥ Fate is looking totally OL there though.
- Lindy~ And the dreaded 10-sugar milk green tea.
- Alph is fucking adorable.
- Vitaaaaaaaa! And the battles begin.
- No henshin! ::gasps::
- Holy shit that was gorgeous.
- So everyone just gets the shit beat out of them. I guess this replaces the HAND THROUGH THE CHEST Shamal scene? Aww...
- Nanoha and Fate walking to school holding hands. <3 <3
- Suzuka meets Hayate. <3 And her two mommies.
- Haha holy shit, awesome NanoFate wooden staff sparring.
- Intelligent Device problem detected. WE WANT TO BE MORE BADASS FOR OUR MASTERS!
- "Pretty chic, isn't it?" BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA okay that is not something I ever expected to hear Raising Heart say.
- Wait what Lindy fight scene? Please be a Lindy fight scene. But she's too badass to show her true powers.
- Holy shit she gets to use Durandal? And fight the knights 4 on 1? Oh, NanoFate here to help. Seriously I don't care what the arrangement is, just give me an excuse to see Lindy kick ass.
- HENSHIN SEEEEEEET UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP! And, wow. So seeing nipples is a little awkward when there's no discernible breasts but other than that, that was the most over the top epic henshin ever.
- "I wanted to apologize about your hat." Never change, Nanoha. Never change.
- Awwwwww, Lindy didn't fight. But holyfuckingshit just how epic can these fights get? This is mind-bogglingly good battle animation.
- Lindy you're too cute.
- lol the Book is trying to pat Hayate's head. Sort of.
- Reinforrrrrrce! ;_;
- Oh god I love Hayate. She takes so quickly to her role as HAREM MASTER.
- "Tee hee, I get to play dress-up with enormously powerful mages~" <3 Hayate.
- Gaaaaaaah that Lindy/Fate scene. <3
- God daaaaaaaaaamn, that Vita scene when she's off collecting pages. Wow.
- That wonderfully awkward moment when the Knights walk in on NanoFate in Hayate's hospital room.
- Awwwwwwwwww yeah, here we go. NANOHA IN THE FLAMES! THE WHITE DEVIL IS BORN!
- Divine Buster Extension... but the book intervenes. And there's 70 minutes left?
- Yeeeeeeep, the entity soon to be known as Reinforce is pretty badass.
- Fate in happy land! Alicia is too cute...
- Fffffffff how much more insane can they make these battles?
- Bye bye, Alicia. ;_;
- @!#&*^*()!@#&(@! HOLY SHIT FATE! Goddamn I love how Nanoha and Fate don't even need to say a word to each other after what Fate just did. Just a knowing look, and back to work.
- Snow Rain remix!
- BLAST CALAMITY! I don't even have words anymore.
- UNISON IIIIIIN~ And that heeeeeeenshiiiiiiin~
- And coming up next, the ultimate attack spam. My mind can't even conceive how they're going to up the ante again.
- FUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEES STARLIGHT BREAKER TIIIIIIIIIIIME!
- ...You have to feel sorry for Nacht on some level. It has been subjected to the absolute most brutal, destructive, mind-blowing concentration of mahou shoujo firepower in history.
- Love the silence when Arc-en-Ciel attacks.
- Bye bye, Reinforce. ;_;
- C'mon Hayate, I want to hear you say "Nanoha-senpai".
- Nanoha and Fate hugging Hayate as she lets it all out. ;_;
- And that epilogue. And that ED. And that Reinforce. SO GOOD.
Unfuckingbelievable. Hands down the best action scenes ever animated. No question about it, this becomes only the third movie ever to get a 10/10 from me.
And I need to import the shit out of this ED... or so I was going to say until I realized I've owned it since August 2012 (purchased the CD for the Dog Days' ED) but never listened to it because I was waiting until I saw this movie. Glad I realized that! now to put Sacred Force on loop...
That blows away the first movie. A's is obviously a lot more amenable to being adapted into a movie than 1st was. The appeal 1st holds for me (it's the best season after all!) is more subtle, whereas A's is pretty action-packed from start to finsh. The plot recap in the first half of 1st movie was pretty bad, but it mad up for it with epic action in the end. A's movie was just insane action from start to finish, and it was easier to convey the emotional part (the Knights feelings for Hayate) as part of the action segments.
But I have two complaints! 1. we don't get to see Suzuka and Arisa find out about Nanoha and Fate (outside of that brief bit during Hohoemi no Plumage I guess) and 2. Vita never said "Takamachi Nantoka". ;_;
...Anyway, enough. That was completely fucking incredible and I cannot wait to see them try to top it in 3rd.
Anime DVD/BD Sales Data: 2013 Thread (data), (preorder discussions)
p.s. BUY KINMOSA ALL DAY EVERY DAY