Everyone near Cleveland's East Ninth Street should be warned. The Avengers are about to wreck havoc on your immediate location, with the city website and producers from the Walt Disney/Marvel Studios production warning residents and businesses of the area that they have a major battle planned for the location. At the moment, the area is being transformed to look like NYC's 42nd street and producer Patty Whitcher reveals that we can expect to see our favorite superheroes doing battle there.
"We have to keep people back a bit for safety reasons. There will be explosions. But [fans] will be able to see the actors and their favorite Avengers on the street during the filming... There will be six days of mayhem on this street with lots of explosions and car flipping."
For those looking to be near the set of production, here's some more dates set aside for Joss Whedon's shoot.
- Filming on East Ninth Street from Euclid to Prospect avenues, Aug. 15 to Aug. 24.
- Filming on Euclid Avenue from East Sixth Street to East 12th Street, Aug. 22, through Sept. 2.
- Filming on Walnut Avenue from East Ninth Street to East 12th Street, Aug. 17 to Aug. 30.
- Filming on South Roadway at Superior Avenue and Ontario Street, Aug. 29.
- Filming on the Detroit-Superior (Veterans Memorial) Bridge at intermittent times in August. - Public Square in front of Tower City will be closed for filming.
The Avengers will star Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Clark Gregg, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Tom Hiddleston and Stellan Skarsgård. Whedon is leading the direction, based on a screenplay he wrote.
The Avengers will strike theaters May 4, 2012.