0 Comments | Add
Rate & Share:
C2F@5: Gemstone Publishing Prizes!
By Rob M. Worley
June 05, 2002
Abig, heavy box of prizes for for Comics2Film's 5th Anniversary giveawaylanded on our doorstep this week! GemstonePublishing sent over a crypt full of collectible guides for the comic artand toy fans. We've got five copies of five of their finest publications to passon to you, dear reader.
We'll beawarding individual copies of the books to contestants in the dailydrawings. We're also throwing one copy of each into the C2F mega-librarythat the grand prize winner will take home.
Here's a list ofthe titles Gemstone has provided:
- The Overstreet Price Guide #32 - This is the is the hardcover version featuring the Superman homage cover by Silver Age master Murphy Anderson. It's the most respected comic book price guide on the market.
- The Big Big Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #32 - This 8½" x 11" version features stay-flat spiral binding, larger print, and room for notes. It contains only the pricing, top ten charts and selected glossary matter. This version of the Guide is essential for all comic book specialists! Spider-Man cover painted by Alex Ross.
- The Comic Art Price Guide - Whether you're just starting out or you're an experienced enthusiast, this book is an invaluable guide to the ins and outs of collecting original comic art. This edition sports a cover by Alex Ross featuring Golden Age great Bill Everett and his best-known creation, the Sub-Mariner.
- Tales of Terror - Widely acclaimed as the definitive history of the EC Comics legend, Tales of Terror! is a visual checklist, creator index, guidebook and more! This is the definitive story of EC Comics co-published by Fantagraphics!
- Hake's Price Guide to Character Toys #4 - The new edition of the Definitive Visual Guide and Checklist." It's a power-packed exploration of the phenomenal history of comic character collectibles. Presented in a format larger than The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide with more than 1,000 pages, this book is the definitive visual guide and checklist for character toys.
The prizes keepcoming in so sign up today for our 5thAnniversary Giveaway! We're going to start drawing names and awarding prizeson June 7th. One lucky reader will takehome the C2F mega-library.
Check intomorrow for more details about the prizes!