All blankczech's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,054

Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles Coming in 2015 (Article) - 9/20/2014 10:37:22 AM

...as a sidenote.  I thought it was interesting given the fact that Warner Bros and Disney (DC and Marvel) have been engaged in a friendly competition for Nerd dollars for quite awhile that Disney would sell the commercial television rights to 5 Marvel superhero blockbuster movies to the Warner Bros. owned cable channel TNT.  FX had bought the rights to the previous package of Marvel SuperHero flicks but TNT outbid them this time.

Justice League: Gods and Monsters Chronicles Coming in 2015 (Article) - 9/20/2014 9:20:57 AM

Unless something changed very recently Warner Bros. invested $18 million in the struggling Machinima website (they didn't acquire the company).

Deadpool Gets 2016 Release Date (Article) - 9/19/2014 9:40:56 AM

Hard R ratings are poison at the box office. Granted an R-rated Deadpool might be a better movie than a PG-13 version, but isn't the object of comic book super hero films to make 100's of millions of dollars?

They can do a censored light version for the theatres and if they feel so inclined, release a grittier darker uncut version later for home viewing.

I have no problem with Fox (outside of their right wing news reporting). I like their movies from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes to the Penguins of Madagascar and FX has the best, smartest cable / satellite TV channel programming out there (excluding the premium / pay channels).

Mania Review: The Maze Runner (Article) - 9/19/2014 8:56:58 AM

I cannot speak about the faults or merits of the Maze Runner because I haven't seen it (I hope it's a great flick)..  Being a cinephile I have some concerns with the predictability and low level of intelligence exhibited in many of the modern movie franchises based on comic books, children's books and young adult books. You don't have to be a genius to figure out that no matter what perils the lead character faces he or she will prevail because they have to come back for the sequels (often times we know in advance how many movies the Star has signed on for and when each of them will be released). It's also pretty easy to figure out what message the movie is trying to convey or what lesson it wants us to learn when all the sequels are played out and the story is wrapped up.  For example there are many new movies that extoll the virtues of  difference, divergency and free will in a very imperfect world over pre-ordained sameness, and closely monitored control in a sterile utopian society.  You can broach that issue in a simple tale that resembles the story of the ugly duckling that grew up to be a swan or you can do it in a thought provoking story that isn't so black and white but has many shades of gray like Kubrick's Clockwork Orange. I understand that Hollywood panders to young people because they are the one's that are going to the movie theatres and buying the DVD's but I think they underestimate the intellect of these kids.  Young peope are very sharp nowadays ( a lot smarter than I) and can handle a lot more than a half hour morality play scrunched in between an hour and a half of state of the art special effects and choreographed fight scenes.

The Strain: Loved Ones Review (Article) - 9/18/2014 5:54:33 PM

The show is pretty terrible but like Kimberley says there's enough stuff going on to keep me tuning in every week.  Kevin Durand's exterminator is the only character I like.  I can't stand Stoll.  When he shouted out in the last episode that he was the head of the CDC I was waiting for someone to say - Big effing deal, but they didn't and I winced when he started talking about how much he loves his wife in front of his assistant who he had just finished boffing on the floor minutes earlier...get a clue man. If the old guy was around 20 years old in 1944 that would make him 90 now.  Anyone know any 90 year old dudes who would be good vampire hunters? Where did that old guy acquire his wealth of knowledge about the vampires, maybe they explained it in the books (not on the TV series). Why didn't all those guys in the prison camp who got bit by the master turn into vampires?  Back to the present...with every person on earth walking around with a cell phone camera  why doesn't everybody in New York know about the Vampires by now.

Dracula Untold - International Trailer (Article) - 9/18/2014 5:11:44 PM

For half a century the name Dracula has meant one thing to me...and this ain't it.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron Official Plot Synopsis Released (Article) - 9/16/2014 9:31:08 PM

Oh no... the fate of the planet hangs in the balance again.

Dracula Untold CLIP: "Castle Under Attack" (Article) - 9/16/2014 9:16:55 PM

Bram Stoker must be rolling in his grave.

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/15/2014 5:26:05 PM

tjanson...I've said it before and I totally agree with you.  It's very weird that this show is on Fox instead of one of WB's cable TV affiliates (like the WB or TNT).  Gotham is not going to garner the same kind of loyalty from Fox that MAoS got from ABC-TV a Disney owned channel. There aren't going to be any tie-ins between Gotham and Fox theatrical movie releases.  Fox didn't do this show any favors by putting it in a Monday night time slot opposite Dancing With Stars, The Big Bang Theory, The Voice, WWE Monday Night Raw and Monday Night Football. For me Gotham will be a DVR recorded show to watch some other time, I don't know how that works with Nielson Ratings.  It will be interesting to see how much rope Fox gives this show.

FIRST LOOK: The Penguin's Mother on Gotham (Article) - 9/12/2014 6:39:02 PM

Good to see Carol Kane...I'm sure her performance will enhance this series...talented actress...iconic voice.  My favorite Kane flick...1993's -  When a Stranger Calls Back

BLANKCZECH'S MANIACAL PERSONA