All blankczech's Comments

CONSTANTINE Preview Unveiled at Comic-Con 2014 (Article) - 7/29/2014 6:00:04 PM

Seems a little intense for a major network...NBC Universal owns SyFy, Chiller, Fearnet, Bravo, USA , etc...I would have expected to see this show on any one of those networks before they they put it on the big one.

I loved the casting in the Reeves flick...Peter Stormare as Satan, Tilda Swinton as Gabriel...it doesn't get better than that.

Mania box Office Report: If LUCY fell (Article) - 7/28/2014 5:07:54 PM

The fact that the Kellan Lutz fiasco - Legend of Hercules, was just in the theatres a few months ago didn't help DJ's Hercules.

Monkeyfoot...your new monkey avatar is totally cracking me up...that's one hell of a shnoz

Mad Max: Fury Road Comic Con and UK Trailers (Article) - 7/27/2014 6:03:18 PM

Many pro football fans don't like the two weeks of hype preceding the Super Bowl.  They'd never be able to endure the two years (or more) of hype that some Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Horror and Comic Book movies get (Guardians of the Galaxy hasn't been released yet and all ready they are pitching the sequel that will be out in 3 years).  I liked it better in the pre-internet days when you found out about an upcoming film in a magazine article or when you saw the first trailer on television (or coming attractions in the movie theatre) and a month and a half later... viola... the movie was in the theatres.  How can any 2 hour movie live up to years of hype?  The answer is they can't but it doesn't matter because by the time it actually comes out we're all ready more excited about the next big movie that will be out in a year or two.

Anyway...only 8 more months before this comes out.

SEQUEL for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Announced (Article) - 7/27/2014 4:43:48 PM

Avatar, Star Trek, Guardians of the Galaxy...Zoe Saldana has a great agent

THE WALKING DEAD Season 5 Trailer (Article) - 7/26/2014 5:46:33 PM

Enjoying the behavior study of post apocalyptic humans but tired / bored with the graphic slaughter of slow, incredibly dumb, zombies (it's like watching some one shoot fish in a barrel...big deal you killed a zombie...who over the age of 5 hasn't).

I'll watch the series when it returns, but I can certainly wait for October, summer is my favorite season.

FINAL Avengers: Age of Ultron Comic Con Posters (Article) - 7/26/2014 5:17:01 PM

spiderhero...Zack Snyder directed Watchmen one of the most intelligent Comic Book Super hero movies (is connecting  the word intelligent to a Comic Book Super Hero Movie an oxymoron?). What did Whedon direct ...the Avengers?  The Avengers was a nice Disney movie for 10-15 year olds that some adults who could get in touch with their inner 10 year old found enjoyable.  Like most Disney family entertainment (Frozen for example) there was no sex, no bad words, it wasn't too deep or too tense, and the violence was very sterile/antispetic.  The little ones laughed and jumped up and down with glee when the Hulk punched Thor and smashed Loki, and none of the Heroes got as much as a scratch. No character development was needed since we had been introduced to all the main characters in previous movies. All Whedon had to do was make things go kablooie.

GODZILLA Blu-ray Release Date (Article) - 7/23/2014 8:43:18 AM

Wait until September 2023 get the three movie boxed set, special edition, Steel Book, director's cuts, extended versions with all the extras...blah...blah...blah for $65.95 at Amazon

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 10:42:26 AM

Whenever I see a business debate I think about the bottom line. 51% of the people in the U.S. are females, and almost a third of the populace are people of color so obviously if you want to grow your industry nationally beyond the white male audience you've targetted for a century it's wise to adjust your product to make it more appealing to these groups (especially people of color because that group is growing quickly in the US and is the projected majority in 25 years).  Of course if you want to move your product globally these changes become even more necessary / important.  My grandchildren watch Disney's cable / satellite TV channels and the programming is very ethnically and gender diverse. The comic book characters they bought from Marvel are lagging far behind in those depts. and in need of a 21st century update. I suggest that Comic Book fanboys open their minds and change with the times...it's the wave of the future in the entertainment industry.

Hanso...the whole point of the Anchorman is to illustrate how moronic those type of  remarks are...we aren't laughing with Ron Burgundy...we're laughing at him, because he's such an absolute boob.

The Strain: The Box Review (Article) - 7/21/2014 9:39:17 AM

I basically visit the Mania website to read the comments.  I can find press releases and trailers all over the internet usually sooner than they arrive here, but Mania comments are a little unique. I have no problem with people who want to rip a movie / TV series in a comments thread. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I don't think you're a troll if you say something negative. Personally,  I don't want to read 20 comments, that all say -  Wow, this is really great, I love it.   That's boring. I really like it when commenters debate the merits of something.  There have all ready been a couple of negative comments in this thread.  I didn't read the books and I didn't see the trailers in advance of the show.  I came to it without any expectations and so far I'm enjoying it.  So this time around I'll be one of the people who says...Wow, this is pretty good.

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/17/2014 5:17:25 PM

Interesting that adult white males who still read comic books tend to be political conservatives.

BLANKCZECH'S MANIACAL PERSONA