All blankczech's Comments

GODZILLA Blu-ray Release Date (Article) - 7/23/2014 8:43:18 AM

Wait until September 2023 get the three movie boxed set, special edition, Steel Book, director's cuts, extended versions with all the extras...blah...blah...blah for $65.95 at Amazon

New Captain America and Thor: Diversity or Cheap Gimmick? (Article) - 7/22/2014 10:42:26 AM

Whenever I see a business debate I think about the bottom line. 51% of the people in the U.S. are females, and almost a third of the populace are people of color so obviously if you want to grow your industry nationally beyond the white male audience you've targetted for a century it's wise to adjust your product to make it more appealing to these groups (especially people of color because that group is growing quickly in the US and is the projected majority in 25 years).  Of course if you want to move your product globally these changes become even more necessary / important.  My grandchildren watch Disney's cable / satellite TV channels and the programming is very ethnically and gender diverse. The comic book characters they bought from Marvel are lagging far behind in those depts. and in need of a 21st century update. I suggest that Comic Book fanboys open their minds and change with the times...it's the wave of the future in the entertainment industry.

Hanso...the whole point of the Anchorman is to illustrate how moronic those type of  remarks are...we aren't laughing with Ron Burgundy...we're laughing at him, because he's such an absolute boob.

The Strain: The Box Review (Article) - 7/21/2014 9:39:17 AM

I basically visit the Mania website to read the comments.  I can find press releases and trailers all over the internet usually sooner than they arrive here, but Mania comments are a little unique. I have no problem with people who want to rip a movie / TV series in a comments thread. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I don't think you're a troll if you say something negative. Personally,  I don't want to read 20 comments, that all say -  Wow, this is really great, I love it.   That's boring. I really like it when commenters debate the merits of something.  There have all ready been a couple of negative comments in this thread.  I didn't read the books and I didn't see the trailers in advance of the show.  I came to it without any expectations and so far I'm enjoying it.  So this time around I'll be one of the people who says...Wow, this is pretty good.

MARVEL ANNOUNCES THE NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA (Article) - 7/17/2014 5:17:25 PM

Interesting that adult white males who still read comic books tend to be political conservatives.

Disney's The Jungle Book Casts Mowgli (Article) - 7/17/2014 12:43:24 PM

There are Himalayan Black Bears and Brown Bears that are indigenous to the jungles of India. The Grizzly a North American subspecies of the brown bear is not found in India (unless it escapes from a zoo or circus).

Higgy...I'm surprised that you don't like a liberal use of CGI in movies.  Didn't you think the apes in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes were terrific?  In a couple of weeks we'll see Rocket Raccoon and Groot.  I like CGI.  I think it looks very realistic (like plastic bags filled with saline and implanted inside a human body).

Personally I see no real reason or need for this movie to be made, as the 1967 Disney animated movie is quite good and easy to access.  I'd rather see Disney use the money to make something new, but of course that would carry with it some risks.  Remakes of classic movies are usually guaranteed box office successes and it's been a couple of weeks since Disney made a movie that raked in a billion dollars.

The Hateful Eight Start Date? (Article) - 7/17/2014 11:39:08 AM

Just added The Battered Bastards of Baseball to my Watch List on Netflix.  Thanks for the heads-up.

American Horror Story: Freakshow - Fallen Angel Teaser (Article) - 7/16/2014 5:42:07 PM

Not for one minute do I think that this video was made by fan...so why then does everyone at FX keep saying that it was?

Game of Thrones Will Continue Without Books (Article) - 7/15/2014 6:58:17 PM

As long as HBO keeps giving GRRM a big paycheck I'm sure he'll be fine with what they are doing.  Who knows, maybe George has a little touch of writer's block.  I imagine It ain't easy to write a good novel. This way he can work up something with HBO's screen writers for the TV series and then just roll it into a book later.  To a lot of us Game of Thrones is something special but to Martin it's just some crazy tale he dreamed up, which is making him a wealthy man...not bad for a guy from Bayonne, NJ.

The Summer of '84: The Muppets Take Manhattan (Article) - 7/15/2014 6:35:11 PM

Not bad work if you can get it, just dig out your old reviews from 30 years ago and recycle them.  People who can't get enough of the good old days (when everything was better) eat this stuff up.

The Strain: Night Zero Review (Article) - 7/15/2014 6:30:24 PM

I thought Pan's Labyrinth was well written.

BLANKCZECH'S MANIACAL PERSONA