All calhoun1677's Comments

1 2 3 >  >>

TV Review: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: Revelations (Article) - 6/17/2008 6:26:08 AM

CardinalSin, the song is a written for this show version of Bob Dylan's 'All Along The Watchtower' written by series composer Bear McCrary with help of his brothers group b2k. It was featured during the final moments of the season 3 finale. Also, the thought just occured to me while reading this... Could the 5th and final cylon be the unborn child of Tigh and Caprica?? Up to this point, the series has always made a big deal about Cylons being unable to reproduce amongst themselves, yet Caprica is pregnant according to Doc Cottle, and Adama wasn't to happy to learn about Tigh being the father, but these are both cylons! Hera and Nicholas don't hold a candle (as half human, half cylon) to this full cylon child! Just a thought.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 2/5/2008 5:46:29 AM

I personally have enjoyed all of his movies since The 6th Sense... and I have always seen him telling his own story, yet telling it in a popular art-form kind of way... examples: The Sixth Sense = 'modern day ghost story' Unbreakable = 'real life superhero story' Signs = 'alien invasion story' (always popular no matter what anyone says) The Village = 'deep thinking Twilight Zone episode' Lady in the Water = 'modern day fairy tale/disney movie' I love each one of the above mentioned, and The Happening has me very excited! I just thought that I would share my opinion on what his other movies represent. P.S. Who can really say that the Twilight Zone or a Fairy Tale sucks? Thus can we extrapolate that The Village and Lady in the Water didn't suck, other than they were just not what everyone was expecting to see?

First Set photo of X-FILES 2 Online (Article) - 12/12/2007 4:16:41 AM

It is standalone only in the sense of the story. The plot of this one is said to not follow the "Black Blood" Alien-centric story line of Fight the Future or the last few seasons of the series. This one is supposed to take us back to the roots of X-Files and deal with x-files other than aliens... supposedly. So much to you're disappointment Miner, Cancer Man and the Lone Gunmen probably won't be back... Cancer man for sure. I'm just sad that Cigarette Smoking Man can't come back... he was a good villian IMHO...

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/19/2007 9:19:38 AM

Madmanic999, i've seen that pic of the "batcycle" pop up alot also, and many sites are trying to say that it is from The Dark Knight, but i am highly doubtful. First: Look at the symbol on the side. Not from the Nolan Series. Second: Look at the ribbing on the side of the bike, doesn't that just remind you of the body designs from Batman Forever? I'm thinking that this is a reject from "The One That Added the Nipples". So the above Batpod seems like it is probably the legit pic. I could be wrong, and maybe that Batcycle is real (it is cool looking) but it just doesn't seem to fit into the Nolan movies. Just My Opinion.

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/19/2007 9:17:42 AM

Unspecified Title (Article) - 6/1/2007 10:20:58 AM

this question goes to metalwater: You keep stating that Ron Moore and Co. are "giving the finger" to the original and not respecting it in any way form or fashion. My question is how? The miniseries and most of the first season and bits of the second season follow an strongly similar story direction to the very short lived original. They even go so far as to incorporate elements of the original in the mini, such as the "older" cylon in the museum, and the surviving ship being the Pegasus. Yes it is re visioned with Starbuck as a girl (modern day, all the mains can't be men!) and more politics, but that is something that makes people think, i praise them for adding politics into the show, for they are a major part of the world we live in, and we can't pretend they don't exist. It goes so far as to maybe make the general public stop and think about what kind of tough decisions a president might have to face... But anyway, to me (and both of us are entitled to our opinions, and i'm not criticizing you or trying to change your mind, and i ask that you do the same for me) but i am asking how you think they are making the original fans angry, other than this show not being the long awaited follow up that was desired, but that is no reason to not give it a chance! To me, the new has complimented the original, and expanded upon it in a way that could never have been done back in the 70's. again just my take on it, but there it is...

Hall Hangs With DARK KNIGHT (Article) - 5/21/2007 10:18:49 PM

Rachel Dawes will be in this movie, just played by Maggie Gylenhaal. And AMH will not be TwoFace/Harvey Dent, because Aaron Eckhart has already been cast in that role.

Smallville: Phantom (Article) - 5/19/2007 6:02:22 AM

I wondered about the mailtruck also, but if you look, the truck goes by and all it does is lead us to believe that Lana will end up not in the car, and it slows Lionel's attempt at getting to her, but after the truck passes, Lionel shouts "Lana" and she opens her door and looks in his direction and the gets in and the car blows up! The truck has already past by, and then we see Lana get in the car! She is dead, which is just as well, there really hasn't been much use for Lana as of late, save for the wedge between Lex and Clark, so I'm glad she is dead! He will only have eyes for Lois, for that is the holy scripture of Superman!!

Heroes: Five Years Gone (Article) - 5/2/2007 7:52:22 PM

This episode was awesome!!! The whole Peter (Neo anyone?) look of the future was cool, and Sylar being in charge!!! wow! I just want to know about the dinosaur, Isaac painted it, so it must happen at some point, thus Hiro must shoot too far back at some point to face Rex. And was it just me, or did anyone else think that Claire looked even hotter as a brunette?

Darren Aronofksy talks "Noah" (Article) - 4/30/2007 6:39:49 AM