All cheekymonkey's Comments

<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Hunger Games in Four Films (Article) - 6/2/2011 9:29:26 AM

Heck, HP7 could have been three films.  I'd rather see more films than lose so many key plot concepts.  As for the Hugner Games, I am almost through book 2 and I have to say that it is as addicting to read as HP was for me.  Woody as Haymitch is perfect casting

Two Added to Hunger Games (Article) - 5/25/2011 4:03:46 PM

The book (first one at least, I just started) is very good.  Worth a read, but movies hardly ever live up to the books, so we'll see

First Clip from Transformers 3 (Article) - 5/19/2011 8:22:57 AM

I don't know.  The second one was such a turd.  It would be nice to have a decent story line this time.  At least the twins won't be in it. Still, from this clip, it looks like they got another pretty face that can't act.

The 5 Best Smallville Episodes Ever (Article) - 5/12/2011 5:01:05 AM

One of my favorites was when a phantom convinced Clark he was in a nut house and everything that had happened to him was all in his mind.

I also liked the Lex 'It's a Wonderful Life" episode.  Anytime Lex and his dad were fighting, it was pretty awesome.

Movies Make Marvelous Comics (Article) - 3/16/2011 5:55:19 AM

And that's the problem, containing a story in one book.  I know I get tired of enjoying a series, then having to buy three other series to four panels of a continues story. The big boys, Batman, Spider-man, etc all have multiple books per month that make it very expensive to keep up with.  I'd rather buy a trade than spend a lot of dough trying to keep up with Big Time or the entire Bats story.

As for Superman E-1, I liked the beginning few chapters, but the alien ending was a bit much and kind of soured me on it.  And just to show my frugality, I checked it out from a library.  Had I liked it, I would have bought it to enjoy and share with my kids.

One comic that I've bought lately because they wrap things up fairly quickly is Red Robin.  Each issue (or two part) can stand on it's own, the art is good, and since it is a secondary Bat character, the connection to the Bat world is minor.  Plus, $3 an issue is better than $4.

Smallville: Fortune (Article) - 2/28/2011 1:18:54 PM

Worst episode this season.  I liked drunk Clark,but the rest was a little too campy for me.  There was an awful lot of feel good going on in a world being consumed by "the darkness."

If someone "doesn't even care," why are you posting about the show?

Chu Confirmed for G.I. JOE 2 (Article) - 2/27/2011 2:41:47 PM

Yawn. I so disliked the first one that I find it very hard to get excited about a sequel.  Lose the Ironman suits and love triangle, then maybe we can talk.

Smallville: Masquerade (Article) - 2/22/2011 2:18:38 PM

I think B- was a decent grade.  I was no fan of Date Night either, but I've always had a thing for Chloe.  She was the smart chick to Lana's dumb cheerleader from the get go.  However, I liked that they alluded to the ever changing Chloe on the show.

Anyone else find themselves watching the show and thinking "boy that's gonna piss Joe off?" I did that a few times this week.  Makes me laugh...

Smallville: Lex Luthor Will Be Back (Article) - 2/13/2011 9:46:59 AM

Called it!

No Lex For Smallville Finale (Article) - 2/11/2011 5:42:12 PM

I'd bet that when they up the ante, he will decide to come back.  Releasing this now seems like a pr move to get backlash and get the CW to offer him a lot more to come back.  If not, while he was good, it's not like they can't just replace him with another bald guy

CHEEKYMONKEY'S MANIACAL PERSONA