All cinemaman72's Comments

Affleck: No Justice League (Article) - 8/27/2012 9:45:09 AM

@Silversurfer - I have three reasons why the Wachoksis are not a good choice for the Justice League movies:

1. The Matrix Reloaded
  2. The Matrix Revelations
  3. Speed Racer

Other than the original Matrix (which now looks like the abberation on their resume than the norm), that have made three straight films that were flat out terrible.

At this point, I think there will never be a JL film.

The Dark Knight Returns Trailer (Article) - 8/1/2012 6:44:22 PM

SWEET!!!!!!!

DarthoftheDead, I love your avatar. NOLAN rules and Blessed be his name!

We Cast the Next Batman Movie (Article) - 7/25/2012 4:23:50 PM

@MrJawbreakingEquilibrium - Gosling turned down GL without reading the script. He also turned down Batman when they were going to do a Justice League movie. He has also turned down Captain America and the role of the Human Torch in the first two Fantastic Four movies. That pretty much indicates that he doesn't want to do a comic book film

We Cast the Next Batman Movie (Article) - 7/25/2012 5:15:16 AM

First off I'm going to start with the glaring mistake of your article. In the next Batman reboot, NO JOKER, NO CATWOMAN, NO TWO FACE, NO BANE! They have all been in the last seven films and quiet frankly Batman as enough villians that we really could actually make 10 films before we get around to any of them.

Now onto the rest of the article: Gosling would be great as Batman, but let's be real; the fact that he turned down the Green Lantern means that he really wants no part of the comic book industry. Second as a comic purist, if you are going to include Robin in a Batman film, I would rather then include an acutal kid in the role of robin and not someone who is closer in age to Batman. You can find many 13 - 15 old actors that could make a movie or two befor edeveloping into Nightwing.

Cranston would rock as Gordon and so far that's the only casting choice that sounds like it could get done.

Ian McKellan as Alfred? ummm no! How about the most obvious chioce in Hollywood and would be a slam dunk at the role. Stanely Tucci. I mean for Chirstsakes, you put a mustache on him and it looks like he's stepped out of the comic book page. Also Tucci could bring the right amount of dry humor that defines the Character in the comics as well as being able to physically do a stunt or two just in case it was needed.

Man of Steel Trailer (Article) - 7/21/2012 12:10:20 PM

Ummm that's why they call it a teaser trailer, but all in all,  what I saw wet my appetite for more.

Mania Box Office Report: Spidey Swings only so High (Article) - 7/9/2012 11:09:51 AM

I have to say that "Amazing Spider-man" actually suprised me in terms of how much I liked it. Personally I would rate this one as an improvement over Spidey 3 but not as good as the second Spidey film. My biggest complaints were that it takes about an hour and change before he is in the damn costume (which yes it fits in logically with the progression of the story, but still this is a Superhero film, I want action), and I had issues with Garfield outside of the costume. One the one hand, I felt that he outacted Tobey Maguire when in the costume (his one-liners were vintage Spidey), but as Peter Parker he didn't have that 'nerdy' quality that Tobey had and brought to the role. Garfield's Peter was more outcast than Nerdy Scientist, and that bugged me.

Reynolds is the Highlander (Article) - 6/28/2012 1:43:35 PM

And because I have time on my hands I will list actors that are better suited for this role:

1. Tom Hardy
  2. Micheal Fasbender
  3. Gerrad Butler
  4. James McAvoy
  5. Liam or Chris Hemworth
  6. Tom Hiddleston
  7. Alexander Skarsgard
  8. Stephen Moyer
  9. Ryan Kwanten
  10. Richard Madden
  11. Kit Harington
  12. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

That's 12 right there most of the bottom half would come cheaper than Reynolds!

Reynolds is the Highlander (Article) - 6/28/2012 1:02:36 PM

Yes this makes perfect sense. After the 'sucess' that was Green Lantern, why not give Ryan Reynolds another franchise to piss on!!!!

I could list at least 10 other actors that could do this role more justice than Ryan Reynolds. Yet in typical Hollywood fashion, they give it to the 'It' guy of the moment.

Summer of '82: Blade Runner (Article) - 6/25/2012 9:16:15 AM

I have to say that one of the things that often annoys me is the belief that the "Un-narrated" version of 'Blade Runner' is somehow a masterpiece compared to the "Voice-Over" version. I'm a big fan of the movie and I've seen all 5 cuts of the film and I have to say the Theatrical Version is always the one that makes the most sense especially if you are approaching this for the first time. Case in point I have watch different versions of the film with people watching the film for the first time, and it never fails that when they see an unnarrated version of the fim, they don't understand it and end up losing interest.  Like Monkeyfoot says, watching that narrated version allows you to fill in the gaps during the unvoiced versions of the film.

John Carter Blu-Ray Review (Article) - 6/8/2012 8:29:44 AM

The only parts of this review I agree with is that the opening was too long and Disney messed up with changing the title to just 'John Carter'. Other than that, this movie was actually pretty damn good, the problem is that it needed to be GREAT by Disney standards (pulling in Avenger's type money). To anyone who hasn't seen it, rent it of buy the blu ray and judge for yourself instead of listening to someone else's view point.

CINEMAMAN72'S MANIACAL PERSONA