All ddiaz28's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,755

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer! (Article) - 11/28/2014 10:13:46 AM

Great teaser.  Man I love the rawness of the light in that red lightsaber. Feels more evil. And the shots of the Falcon and X-Wings are just gorgeous. I'm thinking there will be a different trailer shown in the theater this weekend though. As much as I loved the few glimpses we had and the tone is amazing, I want to see shots of the original trilogy characters and I'm betting the trailer in the theater will deliver that.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition - Trailer (Article) - 9/22/2014 7:31:00 AM

Just gonna wait until all 3 extended versions come out in a set.

The NeverEnding Story Trailer - Hobbit Style (Article) - 8/14/2014 7:41:40 AM

That was well done.  Watching this, I remember how scared I used to be of the wolf and when Atreyu’s horse gets stuck in the mud.

Left Behind Trailer (Article) - 8/7/2014 1:07:08 PM

It just seems impossible to make this series into a good film.  As soon as they decided to cater it to a Christian crowd instead of trying to just make a good film, they screwed the pooch.  On top of that, they thought it was a good idea to put Nic Cage, who has been a making really bad movies lately, in a role that we just know he'll make a joke of.  It's too bad because I enjoyed the books as a teenager and would love to see a good film be made from it.  If Hollywood can make magicians, hobbits, and apocalyptic scenarios into great entertainment, I think they can manage to make a decent film about the rapture and tribulation.  Unfortunately when you throw a low budget at it and cast sub par actors, you aren't going to make a success.

And is it just me or does it look like half of this book is missing from the trailer?  It seems to me that Cage is on the plane for a majority of the film.  There is a lot more story in the book.

THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG EXTENDED EDITION Release Details (Article) - 8/6/2014 8:08:09 AM

Yeah karas, I've commented about this many a time and I don't think they bother to fix it.  You can't put quotation marks, or 3 periods in a row.  I think it's part of preventing spam links being posted but whatever they use to block that is way too sensitive.  I've gotten into the habit of copying my text before hitting ADD.

As far as the Hobbit on blu ray, I'll just wait for the collection of all 3 extended versions together.  And you definitely make a good point about the LOTR extended editions.  With them they added great stuff from the books that had been cut.  It'll be interesting to see what they add here.  As long as they aren't completely extraneous, I'm sure it will still be a great film.

The Strain: The Box Review (Article) - 7/21/2014 1:39:09 PM

I've read the books and I've really enjoyed the first two episodes.  I think that the characters have been great so far.  Curious to know how many seasons this will go? One per book?

Game of Thrones Will Continue Without Books (Article) - 7/16/2014 11:06:37 AM

Sanity, I do hope Winds of Winter comes before next spring as well because while I don't mind so much now that the show is overtaking the books, I would still rather read them first.

Game of Thrones Will Continue Without Books (Article) - 7/16/2014 6:51:36 AM

Looks like you'll have to stop watching already Sanity since they have already caught up with the books in some stories and will definitely catch up with others during the next season.  Anything with Sansa next season will be brand new and Tyrion and Dany's stories are already getting into Dance with Dragons territory.  I used to say the same thing about not watching if the show caught up, but I always thought that might only happen when it came down to the last novel.  But the show has been so good and knowing that George his highly involved in the writing process has made me change my mind. I'll enjoy the show and then enjoy the books even more once I read them.

The Strain - Latch (Article) - 7/3/2014 6:53:53 AM

Really looking forward to seeing how the characters from the books translate to screen.

PENNY DREADFUL: Grand Guignol Review (Article) - 7/2/2014 7:19:28 AM

I enjoyed the first season very much. Yes it was a bit predictable especially Ethan being a werewolf. Called that almost immediately since he didn't care he was screwing a woman with a deadly disease. I think this season was really trying to figure out what the show was, and now that the team is together, hopefully the show gets tighter.

@silentkiller - As far as Ethan not changing during the fight, I just assumed the moon hadn't come out yet cuz they made a point of showing him staring out at the moonlit sea before he changed.

DDIAZ28'S MANIACAL PERSONA