All ddiaz28's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 1,758

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/17/2015 9:30:45 AM

10/02/06

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/17/2015 7:31:10 AM

I'm going to stay optimistic and hope the site continues.  Just to think after nine years of reading and posting here that it might be gone really sucks.  My participation in discussions has definitely taken a dive in the past year vs how much I used to post.  But I was always reading, and just thinking about all the fun conversations I've taken part in through this site makes me smile.  I hope it goes on but in case it doesn't, check out firstshowing net. for film news and I read IGN for all genre news.  I post on both quite a bit under David Diaz or david_diaz28.  Hope we keep talking Maniacs!

First Look: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY & X-MEN: THE BLACK VORTEX (Article) - 12/22/2014 8:02:11 AM

Yeah you are definitely right karas.  I read two of these titles but I don't think I'd go get all the others.  Maybe if they put out a collection once the crossover is done I'd consider it.  But yeah, it does suck when a few issues of a book you read regularly tie into a crossover you aren't interested in.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer! (Article) - 11/28/2014 10:13:46 AM

Great teaser.  Man I love the rawness of the light in that red lightsaber. Feels more evil. And the shots of the Falcon and X-Wings are just gorgeous. I'm thinking there will be a different trailer shown in the theater this weekend though. As much as I loved the few glimpses we had and the tone is amazing, I want to see shots of the original trilogy characters and I'm betting the trailer in the theater will deliver that.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition - Trailer (Article) - 9/22/2014 7:31:00 AM

Just gonna wait until all 3 extended versions come out in a set.

The NeverEnding Story Trailer - Hobbit Style (Article) - 8/14/2014 7:41:40 AM

That was well done.  Watching this, I remember how scared I used to be of the wolf and when Atreyu’s horse gets stuck in the mud.

Left Behind Trailer (Article) - 8/7/2014 1:07:08 PM

It just seems impossible to make this series into a good film.  As soon as they decided to cater it to a Christian crowd instead of trying to just make a good film, they screwed the pooch.  On top of that, they thought it was a good idea to put Nic Cage, who has been a making really bad movies lately, in a role that we just know he'll make a joke of.  It's too bad because I enjoyed the books as a teenager and would love to see a good film be made from it.  If Hollywood can make magicians, hobbits, and apocalyptic scenarios into great entertainment, I think they can manage to make a decent film about the rapture and tribulation.  Unfortunately when you throw a low budget at it and cast sub par actors, you aren't going to make a success.

And is it just me or does it look like half of this book is missing from the trailer?  It seems to me that Cage is on the plane for a majority of the film.  There is a lot more story in the book.

THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG EXTENDED EDITION Release Details (Article) - 8/6/2014 8:08:09 AM

Yeah karas, I've commented about this many a time and I don't think they bother to fix it.  You can't put quotation marks, or 3 periods in a row.  I think it's part of preventing spam links being posted but whatever they use to block that is way too sensitive.  I've gotten into the habit of copying my text before hitting ADD.

As far as the Hobbit on blu ray, I'll just wait for the collection of all 3 extended versions together.  And you definitely make a good point about the LOTR extended editions.  With them they added great stuff from the books that had been cut.  It'll be interesting to see what they add here.  As long as they aren't completely extraneous, I'm sure it will still be a great film.

The Strain: The Box Review (Article) - 7/21/2014 1:39:09 PM

I've read the books and I've really enjoyed the first two episodes.  I think that the characters have been great so far.  Curious to know how many seasons this will go? One per book?

Game of Thrones Will Continue Without Books (Article) - 7/16/2014 11:06:37 AM

Sanity, I do hope Winds of Winter comes before next spring as well because while I don't mind so much now that the show is overtaking the books, I would still rather read them first.

DDIAZ28'S MANIACAL PERSONA