The LORD OF THE RINGS Adventure Game, the first of Decipherıs roleplaying games (RPGs) for New Line Cinemaıs film trilogy, will hit stores December 2001.
The Adventure Game includes a complete adventure narrative, "Through the Mines of Moria," drawn from THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING, the first film of the trilogy. Players who choose to travel Through the Mines of Moria assume the roles of the members of the Fellowship of the Ring, and relive their dangerous and legendary adventures. Through the Mines of Moria begins at the western doors leading into Moria, takes players through several encounters with servants of the Shadow, and culminates with a climactic battle against the dreaded Balrog.
When the players finally emerge through Moriaıs eastern gates, they will have fought four distinct battles. Still, Decipher notes that the Mines of Moria uses rules that are easy to understand, flexible, and fun, designed designed to prepare novice gamers and Tolkien fans ages 12 and up to delve into play in less than half an hour.
The LORD OF THE RINGS Adventure Game box contains:
* The 32-page "Through the Mines of Moria" adventure that takes players through the most stunning action sequence of the film.
* Welcome to Middle-earth, a 24-page guide to the lands and peoples of Middle-earth.
* What is Roleplaying, an explanation of the basic principles of roleplaying games.
* Full-color Character Sheets that include pictures and game data describing each character.
* Four full color Tactical Maps for use in the major action sequences of the adventure.
* Cut-outs of the characters and monsters in the adventure.
* A Poster Map of Middle-earth.