All erikx111's Comments

1 2 >  >>

Butterfield Offered ENDER (Article) - 11/19/2011 5:13:37 AM

I've been waiting for this for as long as it's been in development hell.  It's been so long that no matter how good it actually turns out to be (which it probably won't) I'll hate it.

I'll beat this kid (in 4 years) if he screws it up.

83rd Academy Award Nominations Are (Article) - 1/25/2011 4:04:55 PM

Kinda upset that Inception didn't get the nod for Best Director but I'm even more infuriated that it didn't get the best Film Editing nod.  For a fairly complex story, it makes sense to your average viewer through great editing and it should be recognized for it with at least a nod (and a win).  How did Tron not get a nod for Best VFX ? !

Hood Takes ENDER'S GAME (Article) - 9/21/2010 4:20:56 AM

After waiting for nearly a decade, I'm broken on this issue.  I've talked to Orson Scott Card himself at the NYCC and he told me "One day, I'm trying".  They broke my spirit when they finally had a director I felt could do it (Wolfgang Peterson) and that fizzled.  All I say to this is , don't hold your breath.

New Tron Legacy Trailer (Article) - 3/9/2010 8:58:38 PM

I don't know if it's the nostalgia, since I loved the original as a kid.  I had to pick up my jaw from how cool I thought this trailer was.

82nd Academy Award Nominees Announced (Article) - 2/2/2010 5:01:31 PM

To my understanding Gran Torino was released in January.  It would have qualified for this telecast or so I think.  Are you sure ? I remember when watching it , thinking the same thing.  "Man this movie came out way too early and won't get any recognition as a result.

I could be wrong though.  I've been wrong before.  (though not often)

82nd Academy Award Nominees Announced (Article) - 2/2/2010 4:09:26 PM

Anybody else sad that Gran Torino didn't get a nomination for anything ? Sucks that it was released so early in the year. I mean I love the fact that Bastards, District 9 and Avatar are in.  Would have liked for Clint to keep his continuing due since he knows how to make a moving film.

AVATAR Dazzles Holmes (Article) - 12/28/2009 2:54:24 AM

I've seen both IMAX 3D and Regular screen RealD.  Both were enjoyable.  Seeing it in IMAX first though is a real treat and is worth the wait.

The 5 Comics Fans You Meet in Hell (Article) - 11/16/2009 7:01:54 PM

Wow.  I have to say I almost fit number 1 perfectly. Cept I have no delusions that my comics I bought back then are worth anything now.

Yeah, I was a wizard reader.

Yeah I have the Death of Superman comics and revival, the bagged ones no less lol.

I have a whole bunch of Image  number 1's and Valiant number 1's.

My only defence to this though is that i was like 12 when I peaked back in 92-93' at the time and didn't know better. Yeah it's kinda depressing that I spent all the money my parents would give me on things that are absolutely worthless now.

This article was harsh.......why does it have to bring up my horrible mortgage?!  I have to disagree though, anybody who would actually bring these things to a comic book shop never got married or has kids.  He's a sad sad person indeed.  (weeping)

10 Movies That Should Be 3D (Article) - 11/3/2009 4:13:11 PM

I agree with Karas to some degree. The novelty of 3D can be distracting from the movie itself.   Since the article is about rereleasing movies in 3D format.  I think it's more of rewatching a movie one's already seen with the added novelty, since you're already familiar with the story in order to bring in extra bucks on an existing film. I'm all for it!

TURTLE Power by John Fusco (Article) - 7/21/2009 6:24:50 PM

If 4 Kids is involved in this project.  It's going to suck.

ERIKX111'S MANIACAL PERSONA