All fatpantz's Comments

Weekly Book Buzz: The Living Dead 2 from Night Shade Books (Article) - 9/13/2010 9:36:54 AM

An early heads up....Sept 21 is the release date for The Fall Book 2 of The Strain Trilogy by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan....an awesome vampire series so far!!

TV Wasteland: Cartoon-O-Rama (Article) - 9/13/2010 2:26:26 AM

Also, even though it is not genre, for those of you looking for a new show to watch, i really emjoyed Terriers which premiered on FX with Donal Logue and Michael Raymond-James.  Its a fun and quirky private investigator show, full of humour and worth the watch.

As for new genre, an interesting looking show called Lost Girl premiered tonight (Sunday) on the Canadian network Showcase.  There was rumour of CW feeding it in the US but I think that fell through so i am hoping SciFi or someone else picks it up.  I am watching the pilot tomorrow as it is quite late and will leave a post on how it was.  Here is the synopsis:

Loaded with mystery, romance and intrigue, Lost Girl focuses on the gorgeous and charismatic Bo – a Succubus with heart. While Succubi are inhuman women who seduce and feed off their human partner’s sexual energy, Bo is not your average Succubus. Raised in secret by humans, Bo tries to survive in the human, modern world without giving in to her instinctive urge to kill. Refusing to embrace her supernatural clan and its strict regimes, Bo uses her feminine wiles – along with some help from her friends – to fight for the underdog. All the while, she is on a very personal mission to unlock the secrets of her origin and find her birth mother.

The effects quality looks quite impressive and the cast includes Kristen Holden-Reid who is best known for his role as William Compton on The Tudors

Eastwood's HEREAFTER Trailer Hits (Article) - 9/13/2010 2:11:32 AM

I checked this trailer out the other day and it looks really good....kind of a different type of story for Clint to be doing, but I am on board after enjoying Gran Torino as much as I did

First GUARDIANS Clip Online (Article) - 9/13/2010 2:08:25 AM

Well, with not much else going through theatres, i will probably check this one out....looks like it might be a nice heartwarming animated adventure (even tho i despise the filthy and viscious owls of NW Canada!).

I am not familiar with the books, but it looks like it might be a hoot.

RE: Afterlife Slashes Competition (Article) - 9/12/2010 2:59:37 PM

Not to mention, Hanso, that The Town is also based on a pretty good book by Chuck Hogan "The Prince of Thieves"

I think I will def be checking it out too, seems to look pretty good, and I dont mind Affleck's directing style

Resident Evil: Afterlife Movie Review (Article) - 9/11/2010 2:36:54 AM

I hate to say "I told you so", oh no wait....I like saying that....so  I TOLD YOU SO!!!!

Even as a fan of the games....I remember fondly some very crazy drunken weed filled weekends at the age of 18 playing the original Resident Evil game....I have been hooked since....yes even with the crappy choppy controls and forced gameplay direction in the latest installment.....I have yet to even enjoy a second of a single on e of these films....I love Milla as well....but I am sorry, the movies are crap and they remain being crap....I gave up on them before and see no reason to even give this one a chance.

That being said, this piece of feces got a C while Machete got an F....While I havent seen either, I just cant see Machete being worse than this pile of poop

Second MEGAMIND 3D Trailer (Article) - 9/10/2010 10:24:24 AM

Here is a link for those who want to avoid the craptastic website known as apple.com

8 Movies That Still Need Toys (Article) - 9/10/2010 10:15:12 AM

It was a joke people....lighten up!  The list was meant to make us laugh as all of Robert Tate's lists are.

TV Wasteland: Femme Fatal (Article) - 9/9/2010 11:50:50 PM

So what did you think of Terriers, Hanso?  I personally really enjoyed it and am looking forward to see what direction they take the series.  As for the premier of SoA it did not disappoint....what an intense ending!!!  I have to say FX has really stepped up their quality of shows, unfortunately this season of Rescue Me (which is one of my favorites) has been a bit of a let down.

DARK TOWER Plans Confirmed (Article) - 9/9/2010 11:23:56 AM

I am NOT a fan of Ron Howard or his directing.  I find him to be very arrogant and extremely boring in his film making.  For me, I would have rather his name be kept on the production list.  I could see Del Toro helming the films.  As well I would have prefered to see the TV series end up with one of the uncensored cable networks so it would not have to be toned down as much.

So i mentioned it in the new C2F thread before i saw this article, but Maniacs....who do you see playing the role of Roland??

FATPANTZ'S MANIACAL PERSONA