All fatpantz's Comments

Hood Takes ENDER'S GAME (Article) - 9/21/2010 12:53:07 PM

Haha dont worry Capt I used to read Cinescape in tree form too....heck i remember how cool it was the first day I ever tried "internet" back in the early 90's....but to reassure you, there are a lot of old geeky farts on this site....not me tho, of course, I drank from the fountain of youth and have maintained my youth and beauty.

I do agree to an extent about xenomorph's comment, but not that his opinion doesnt matter, just that it was non productive....go into some detail and get into a discussion over why you disliked it other than "it was long and boring".  You cant have an interesting conversation, or debate, without argument for the pro and the con.  As for the comment from EnderWiggins, violence, hate and ignorance are what is wrong with our world today, not a person's opinion.

TV Wasteland: Bang On (Article) - 9/21/2010 12:34:45 PM

isgrimner I love Eastbound too, cant wait for its return....if you are keeping HBO, you should def check out Boardwalk Empire its kind of a cool gangster style show that takes place during prohibition in the 20's starring Steve Buscemi...first episode was directed by Scorcese

The Fall: Book Two of The Strain Trilogy (Article) - 9/21/2010 6:37:45 AM

It is unfortunate that book news gets pushed so far to the side on Mania, but thanks for the early preview Tim....I have been anticipating this book's release since the date was set.

For anyone that is a horror fan, or just generally wants an amazing read, pick up Book One of The Strain and get into this trilogy.  Chuck Hogan has a way with writing that will simply draw you right into the book.

pick-pick-pick

TV Wasteland: Bang On (Article) - 9/21/2010 1:28:12 AM

I liked Fanboys too...nothing amazing but for a free tv movie or a cheap renter, for sure!!  Also to disagree with Rob, I actually really like Orphan....that little girl was creepy as hell and deserved an award for her role

I am a fan of Wil Wheaton in comedy roles too....he cracks me up on the web series The Guild....I have never gotten into BBT but promised myself I would start watching that and How I Met Your Mom just never been a big network sitcom guy since the end of Sienfeld.

Lots of TV this week tho, checking out  Boardwalk Empire  tonight, episode 2 of Lost Girl....even going to check out the premiere of Hawaii Five O since it has our friend Daniel Dae Kim in it and my boy Scott Caan....not expecting much tho lol

Joaquin Phoenix Returns? (Article) - 9/19/2010 12:31:53 PM

I am sure Joaquin Phoenix is rich enough to not give a $#@! what other people or Hollywood thinks as well as live the rest of his life quite comfortably without working again....I personally think it looks hilarious and I cant wait to see their film.

SPARTACUS' Cancer Returns (Article) - 9/19/2010 12:28:00 PM

This is terrible news indeed!!  I join the others in wishing Andy a speedy recovery and pray he makes it back to full health.  I know there will be other acting jobs in his future after the great work he did in Spartacus. I assume the network will try find a suitable replacement, but for me, Andy and the heart he brought to his character really made this show what it is....and to think, most of you only watched it to see Zena's tata's haha!!

ALL-STAR SUPERMAN Movie Coming (Article) - 9/18/2010 6:00:27 PM

See and I disagree alphan, I love Quitely's artwork and think it really fits the theme, feel and writing for All Star Superman.  Of course it comes down to personal opinion and taste, so each to their own.  I do agree with you tho in giving us some awesome CG animated superhero flicks!!

ALL-STAR SUPERMAN Movie Coming (Article) - 9/17/2010 1:08:14 PM

I am with kisforkomics on this one too....I was sooo excited thinking that they were announcing the Supes reboot would be based on the All Star Superman series....I will settle for the cartoon, but hey lets CGI Quitely's art style....why cant we get any good superhero cartoons done in full CGI animation????

Joaquin Phoenix Returns? (Article) - 9/17/2010 1:04:54 PM

Also it takes a lot of balls to do what Phoenix and Affleck did, so personally I say Kudos for them for trying to shake up Hollywood and do something original

Joaquin Phoenix Returns? (Article) - 9/17/2010 1:03:54 PM

I personally think the mockumentary is going to be hilarious and a blast to watch, I just wish we could have seen it before they announced that it was actually a hoax.  I think it would have made it that much better not knowing fully whether or not it was all real or staged.

FATPANTZ'S MANIACAL PERSONA