As the preliminary figures suggested, FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING held on to its top spot for the fourth week in a row, with A BEAUTIFUL MIND close behind.
In the final tally, RINGS took in $16,201,260 with MIND in second place with $15,220,705.
Newcomers to the list included ORANGE COUNTY and GOSFORD PARK, which pulled in $15,053,226 and $3,684,621, respectively.
Here are the rest of the weekend top ten numbers.
1. THE LORD OF THE RINGS: FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING, $16,201,260 this weekend, $228,320,875 since opening
2. A BEAUTIFUL MIND, $15,220,705 this weekend, $58,420,716 since opening
3. ORANGE COUNTY, $15,053,226 this weekend, $15,053,226 since opening
4. OCEAN'S ELEVEN, $7,738,381 this weekend, $162,676,461 since opening
5. THE ROYAL TENNENBAUMS, $6,408,153 this weekend, $29,983,861 since opening
6. JIMMY NEUTRON: BOY GENIUS, $5,523,825 this weekend, $69,084,552 since opening
7. VANILLA SKY, $5,024,693 this weekend, $88,459,249 since opening
8. KATE & LEOPOLD, $4,744,908 this weekend, $37,209,760 since opening
9. GOSFORD PARK, $3,684,621 this weekend, $6,641,077 since opening
10. HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE, $3,674,325 this weekend, $305,311,880 since opening