All flyinroo's Comments

4 New Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Posters (Article) - 12/11/2013 10:19:09 PM

Absolutely cannot wait for this. The first was so great, I expect as much from this one. Can't wait for the trailer.

Brian Griffin NOT Dead? (Article) - 12/1/2013 12:21:38 PM

Brian's death gives me reason to watch the show again. I watched it for many years, but as Brian became more and more the "soapbox" character I wathced less and less of it, until finally not at all. I'm glad he died and never want him to return. However, I'm sure he will be back.

After Brian had reached his height of preachiness, the episode that stands out for me is the one where Quagmire lets him know that he HATES Brian and lets him know exactly why. Man did I LOVE that episode.

Mania Review: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Article) - 11/23/2013 6:36:42 AM

akiraakobus, I also am tired of the same old "rich people are evil" storys we get so much out of the ultra wealthy Hollywood. Thats the reason i wouln't go see  Elysium at the theaters and will wait for Netflix.

But I felt that the Hunger Games was more than that. It didnt seem to me that it was necessarily the wealthy doing this, as it was that society had let itself be consumed by television, and how the government manipulates the population through the media. With the obsession our country has with reality shows and how the media is a one-sided political entity, these stories have a good deal of relevance.

I am looking forward to checking this out. I hope its as good as the first.

DVD Shopping Bag: Man of Steel Dilemma (Article) - 11/12/2013 9:20:41 PM

MoS was the second best movie of the summer for me. So much debate on how this movie ended, and I do understand how some people hated the fact that Superman killed Zod.

Killing Zod was not a problem for me at all. Superman has killed in the past, regardless if you think throwing bad guys off of a cliff into a snowy chasm is a far nicer way fo killing them than snapping a neck. Zod made it clear at the end that he would never ever stop. The handful of people he was trying to blast with his eyes, were just a symbol of what he was determined to do. Zod was bred to never quit. To be single-minded in what he was supposed to do. He told Supes that this was how it was going to be and forced his own death. This will prove to be a defining moment for Superman and lead to his using his power in a very responsible manner. Remember, he hadnt been "Superman" for very long when this attack by Zod took place, and had not truly dealt with his abilities on a mass scale before. He spent his life hiding from society, and the ending we get is a direct result of that lifestyle. I do think Pa Kent's attitude was at the source of his issues in our world. I like that Jonathan was both a good role model and a bad influence on Clark's life. I'm sure so many of us would be amazingly well equipped to raise a child with super abilities to grow into a well-rounded, perfect savior of humanity. Pa Kent was not perfect. Superman was not perfect. People have to learn from their mistakes in order to grow, and we will see Superman grow from this experience.

I did have a couple of problems with the movie that no one else has touched on. First, I felt the relationship between Lois and Superman was very weak. I never once felt a spark. I felt the love story was a very low point in this movie. Second, the machine that Superman had to destroy that defended itself with the metal tentacles was really kind of dumb. What kind of a mechanism for defense was that? I just tend to overlook that part as the rest of the film was very good.

As for the inclination that Clark has real issues if it takes his killing of a man to define his approach to humanity; thats just silly. I would like to see how skilled someone would be to suddenly be thrust into the same situation knowing you are the only chance the world has to survive. Could he have handled it better? Absolutely. But there was no time to second guess his decisions and no personal experience to help dictate how to handle what was happening. He dealt with it in the best way he could, and succeeded at saving the world, but failed at upholding his values and failed at protecting thousands of lives. All of which will help prepare him for the his new place as protector of our world.

Mania Review: Thor: The Dark World (Article) - 11/8/2013 4:52:25 AM

Looking forward to this. It will definitely be better than IM3, unless we find out Malekith is really just an actor pretending to be the bad guy.

RoboCop Official Trailer #2 Sneak Peek (Article) - 11/7/2013 10:02:09 AM

I agree with redvector about the hand. It is very distracting to me. However, this trailer got my attention much more than the first. I think other than the hand, the suit looks really good.

Kingsley Teases Secret Marvel Project (Article) - 10/22/2013 10:55:58 AM

God I hope they use this opportunity to erase the disaster they created in IM3.

Fifth Element Sequel? (Article) - 9/14/2013 8:06:15 AM

I absolutely freakin HATED the first one. Chris Tucker was definitely the worst thing about it, but far from the only thing wrong. The aliens were stupid and the story was horrific. I watched this movie expecting so much more, and got total crap in return.  Good Lord please don't let them make another one.

No Abrams for Trek 3 (Article) - 9/12/2013 5:53:18 PM

I loved both of Abrams's Star Trek outings, with Into Darkness being one of the best movies of the summer. I would have loved if he could have continued as director for both franchises. Now I can only hope whomever takes his place for Star Trek can keep up the pace.

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 Delayed (Article) - 9/11/2013 11:57:45 AM

This is good news. The only thing that would make it better is to hear they won't make any more Pirates movies at all.

FLYINROO'S MANIACAL PERSONA