All flyinroo's Comments

Duhamel on Transformers 4 Casting (Article) - 2/16/2012 11:26:07 PM

I enjoyed the first one (most likely based solely on nostalgia alone). But the sequels were so unforgivably stupid that I could not even begin to enjoy them. I know many of you say that all you have to do is turn off your brain, but come on...these movies require total brain removal to get even a drop of enjoyment out of. And who really cares about the humans in these movies anyway. Since there is never any real story or plot development, it doesnt matter if the cast is comprised totally of actors from the Disney channel. Especially the military humans in the movie, they are far worse to watch for any extended period of time than Shia LaBeouf. But to blame any of the human actors for the reason these movies suck is ridiculous. I appreciate the fact these movies have brought in tons of money which is what breeds sequels, but it doesnt change the fact that I think these films are total garbage and will continue to be until someone besides Bay takes control. That won't guarantee the movie will be any good, but at least it will have a chance.

NBC Approves of Hannibal (Article) - 2/15/2012 11:29:05 AM

Imagine if they announced a new Hannibal movie that would be PG-13. Thats what we're looking at here, at best. So on that basis alone I say no thanks. If it was on HBO, then I would be more willing to accept it.

Ford Circles Blade Runner Return (Article) - 2/6/2012 2:47:35 PM

This is THE defining science fiction film of all time. And as good as it was, the director's cut was even better. I'm not sure that I am excited for a sequel/prequel/reboot/whatever. I love the questions that were left unanswered and I'm afraid of having that taken away.  Having said that, if they can do this and still leave me with the same awe as it did the first time around, then I'm all in. But since there will be no way of knowing until it is released, I will remain extremely nervous.

Vaughn Helming X-Men Sequel (Article) - 1/31/2012 3:25:01 PM

I enjoyed the first two-thirds of First Class, but the ending didn't sit well with me. I still like it overall and I hope the next one will satisfy from start to finish. I too enjoyed that we had a different villain other than Magneto and it would be awesome to carry that on to the next film.

First Resident Evil: Retribution Trailer Hits (Article) - 1/20/2012 1:24:40 PM

Aside from the first one, I have absolutely hated each of the sequels. However, this trailer did peak my interest. But I still won't spend my money to see it in a theater.

Game of Thrones Season 2 Dates (Article) - 1/13/2012 11:18:52 AM

Its on my calendar.

The 5 Best Musicians Turned Actor (Article) - 1/11/2012 2:53:56 PM

Bowie's performance as Tesla in The Prestige was excellent in my opinion. I didn't even realize it was him until the second time I saw it.

New HOBBIT Photo Hits (Article) - 12/20/2011 7:53:35 PM

I am stoked to see these movies! That being said, I thought the trailer could have been more exciting than it was. I was actually hoping for a peek at Smaug, but no matter what, I am on board and cannot wait til the release.

Wrath of Titans Trailer Online (Article) - 12/20/2011 8:43:46 AM

Looks better than the first one, of course that shouldn't be hard to accomplish since Clash was horrible. This one looks watchable, but I have a feeling it is going to turn out like the last one. Clash seemed to move way too quickly to ever develop a watchable story. It was all about trying to show as much CG as they could fit in, so it just came out a big mess of sfx and nothing else. They showed a lot of stuff in this trailer that makes me think it will be exactly the same.

I loved the original Clash from the 80's, though it is horribly dated now. But I liked the adventure it served up. The remake made it feel like each leg of the journey was just around the corner from the last. With all that was shown in this trailer, I have a feeling that is exactly what we'll see again...fight one titan, travel 1 mile, fight the next one, travel 1 mile, etc.

New Dark Knight Rises Trailer (Article) - 12/20/2011 8:21:57 AM

The trailer was average. But I have no doubts the movie will be just as awesome as the previous 2.

I, for one, never cared for Batman before the Nolan movies, and, therefore, am not looking at all forward to a return to the campy older films that were made. Burton's original Batman movie was a decent watch, but not my cup of tea. I totally understand why fans of the comics are waiting for more faithful adaptations, and they deserve to get that, but I won't be in the theater for them.

I still anxiously await  The Avengers more than TDKR, and am really interested in seeing a trailer for Superman, as I am not sure how I feel about it right now.

FLYINROO'S MANIACAL PERSONA