All flyinroo's Comments

MS One: Maximum Security Trailer (Article) - 12/15/2011 10:11:08 AM

With all the snappy one-liners being thrown out, I felt like I was watching some old Stallone or Schwarzenegger flicks. Feels like a throw-back to the 80's action movies I grew up on...I may have to see this one.

Game of Thrones Season 2 Promo (Article) - 12/12/2011 8:40:12 AM

I couldn't agree more with you Wiseguy. I have never been this excited to watch a tv series. I havent read the books yet since I don't want to ruin the tv experience, but I am being pressured by friends to stop waiting and read them. I am standing my ground for now, but its tough.

The 10 Best Horror Movie Remakes (Article) - 10/11/2011 5:14:24 AM

Nice list. I will have to check out the Children of the Corn remake. I agree with most on this list, although I didnt like the Hills Have Eyes remake.

When it comes to watching a movie for the first time, I'm with Xerowarp...Alien scared me more when I watched it than any other movie has. The Thing is a superb movie with great chills and is the best horror remake I can think of.

Twilight Zone Director Search (Article) - 10/1/2011 3:10:03 PM

Anyone but Bay.  My God he is such a trash director, and Twilight Zone should actually require a level of intelligence to its story, not 90 minutes of things exploding. But wait!....what if Bay directed this movie...and it turned out to be intelligent, thought provoking, and character driven? Then it really would be the Twilight Zone!   I dont like his work and I think this project "should" require more thought processes than he possesses.  I do root for Nolan on this, but the others mentioned would be fine too.  Just not Bay.

Hathaway in Catwoman Costume (Article) - 9/26/2011 11:20:02 AM

I totally agree with dnbritt...the ears a functional part of the outfit. I'm glad it looks like it does, other than the high heels. You all new it would have to fit in Nolan's reality, not the usual campiness of comics. As far as people complaining that she doesnt know how to walk...I havent seen any footage of her walking, so I can't say that. If you are going by the pictures, I'm not sure how you can come to that opinion either. Its a still shot. Does that mean when you see a picture of someone and they have red-eye, you think the person is a demon or a heavy drug addict? Or if the picture is blurry that the person in it doesnt know how to be still? Its just silly to me to judge someone's performance from still shots. I am not a big Hathaway fan. I dont find her attractive at all, but I trust Nolan's vision, and in the end, I think it will be a terrific movie.

Hemsworth in EXPENDABLES 2 (Article) - 9/20/2011 11:08:56 AM

I'm sure we'll see most of these guys in smaller parts. If I remember correctly, Scwarzenegger was the leader of a group of his own, so they need to fill his roster too, so it could explain so many people. I am kind of surprised no Steven Seagal in this, but they would have Cage and Travolta. Rutger Hauer would be awesome too. I would really looooove to see Al Leong (you know, Endo from the torture scene of Mel Gibson in the original Lethal Weapon with electric shock). He was the bad guy in so many movies and when you saw him, you'd go "Hey, its that guy!" Anytime a movie needed an Asian bad guy, they hired him. Of course, I don't know how old he is now or if he is retired but, yeah, it would be cool to see him.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon DVD Set (Article) - 9/10/2011 12:00:05 AM

The best possible special feature they could add to these DVDs is not to put the movie on them. They should have an alternate opening where it never gets past the opening credits, then it will have been a masterpiece. I'm sorry but the TF movies are really terrible. I wish I was as easy to please as some of the people that can enjoy that mindless garbage, but I just can't do it. And I really find it funny that there are people that blame Shia Labeouf for the movies being bad. Considering the humans are truly of ZERO consequence in the films, I hardly think any of the actors can be blamed for how crappy the films are. As long as people pay to see this crap, they'll keep making it. I'll try to hold onto my money and see fewer and fewer movies in the theaters.

Donner Talks X-Men Projects (Article) - 9/9/2011 11:44:58 PM

I agree they are just trying to capture some attention since Avengers, Batman, and Superman are all highly anticipated movies coming up. I am 50/50 on continuing with Vaughn at the helm. I truly enjoyed the first 2/3's of the movie, but the ending was really bad imo. And having the character Angel was just a really bad move, what a ridiculous mutant she was, and just terrible to see the actions scenes with her. Fassbender was amazing as Magneto and I would love to see much more based just around him.  If they can make a whole movie as good as they made the first half of First Class, I'll be all in.

Riddick Confirmed R Rating (Article) - 9/5/2011 8:34:01 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed Pitch Black. I also thoroughly enjoyed Chronicles. They were totally different from one another, and that kind of appealed to me, since sequels are generally a rehash of the original movie. I am interested to see if this is a sequel or prequel, because from the plot given above, its a far cry from the ending of Chronicles. Regardless....at this point I am excited and looking forward to a trailer.

Valentine Returns in RE: Retribution (Article) - 8/30/2011 9:27:57 AM

"...numerous fans told the producers..."   There are fans of this series?

FLYINROO'S MANIACAL PERSONA