All flyinroo's Comments

Transformers 3 Has Holiday Win (Article) - 7/4/2011 3:57:38 AM

Didn't expect to see this movie, but I did. I have been to the theater a few times this summer and a couple of times I wasted my money. But in seeing this film, I didn't waste my money, I wasted my friend's money. He wanted me to watch it with him, so he paid my way, and I am so glad it was his dime and not mine. Let me say that the robot on robot action was incredible. The problem was everything else. I've heard many good things about the whole wingmen thing being good, but I thought it was just preposterous. This movie reminded me so much of 2012 with buildings collapsing and flying through the wreckage. There are WAY too many "just in the knick of time" scenes where someone is falling and is saved before they go splat. How many times in one film do we have to see that? Just like Rob said when he reviewed T3, the human elements are just a waste of time. However,  I personally couldn't handle 2 hours of Bay just showing robots and blowing things up. Again I say that this is what 2012 was minus the robots, and that was just awful, awful, awful. In spite of how I feel about this movie, I'm not surprised how well it is doing. I expected it would win the summer, and it looks like it might be able to do just that. I just can't watch a movie and turn off my brain to enjoy it. I wish I could because I would love so many more films that were popular. If I could become brain dead in movies, then Armageddon would be the greatest movie of all time in my mind and this would be in the top 10 for sure. But, with my intelligence securely in place, I am unable to give any credit to T3 other than this: it is better than the second one.

The human element is horrible. Who cares about his parents or his personal life at all. Its a stupid point to keep returning to, movie after movie. But its even worse that they go back to it multiple times in the SAME movie. No one cares. Give us a reason to care about the people. Give us a reason to sit through the scenes where there are no autobots or decepticons. I would rather watch a WHOLE movie than sit through one that only parts are watchable. Unlike others that get bent out of shape at those who liked this film, I am happy someone enjoyed it. It is fine with me if it breaks all records and makes bazillions of dollars. I don't care. Popularity of a movie doesn't mean I have to like it, nor does it mean that it had any real substance to it at all. It may be summer popcorn fun for some, but it was virtually unwatchable for me.

THOR Sequel Date Set (Article) - 7/1/2011 2:10:21 PM

I enjoyed the first one, heck, it is the best movie of the 4 I have seen so far this summer. I am loolking forward to 2013 with both those movies coming up. To be honest, I really enjoyed The Incredible Hulk more than the Iron Man movies and more than Thor. I know I am in the minority, and I can understand with its lower than desired box office numbers, that its unlikely to get a sequel. I really am not up for it to be turned into a TV series. I don't have any faith in it being watchable. So I will sit and hope for another Hulk movie that likely won't happen, but I will be quite happy with the other great films that Marvel keeps giving us.

New Final Destination 5 Poster (Article) - 6/30/2011 7:55:02 PM

Its a bad thing. The first one was watchable...one time. The second and third were even worse, and I couldn't bring myself to see the 4th one.

New Final Destination 5 Poster (Article) - 6/30/2011 1:54:59 AM

Looks every bit as preposterous as every one of its predecessors.

Moss' Look in Silent Hill: Revelation (Article) - 6/29/2011 1:36:28 PM

I enjoyed the first movie. I hope they can make this one live up to it without just being a retread of the first.

New Three Musketeers Trailer (Article) - 6/29/2011 1:34:31 PM

Good lord that looked ridiculous. I feel like washing my eyes out with bleach after seeing that.

Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol Trailer (Article) - 6/29/2011 1:28:23 PM

I have liked all the MI movies so far, and this one looks great to me. I don't care how weird Tom Cruise is in real life, over all he makes some pretty good movies. If I allowed myself to be put off by what celebrities do, say or how they act in their lives, I wouldn't watch any movies because most of them are fruit cakes.  But there is one thing about this movie...It had better not have another traitor agent working against them. All 3 of the previous movies had that and it is quite old.

Mania Review: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Article) - 6/29/2011 10:07:31 AM

I think its funny how people get angry with another for expressing their opinions when they disagree with them. It does go too far when one person berates anyone who sees things differently, though. I enjoyed the first Transformers movie, mainly based on nostalgia. I overlooked the MANY silly plot points and just enjoyed seeing something fun from my childhood brought into the modern sfx age. Then came number 2. With the nostalgia gone, my rose colored glasses were put away. And what I saw was that it was just awful. Stupid jokes, stupid plot, stupid robots, stupid, stupid, stupid. I see nothing in the trailers for this 3rd film that leads me to believe it is any different from the second. And now that I hear there are another pair of idiotic twin robots, I am even more turned off than before. Now, maybe when I watch it, it will surprise me and actually be good. But I cannot turn off my brain and sit through something mindless just for the sake of giant robots and explosions.

Full New 11-11-11 Trailer Hits (Article) - 6/28/2011 1:50:11 PM

Looks ridiculous to me. I'll wait for the 49 minutes that Hell freezes over to see this.

New Immortals Trailer Arrives (Article) - 6/28/2011 1:46:35 PM

Looks kind of...meh. I'll wait for Netflix.

FLYINROO'S MANIACAL PERSONA