All flyinroo's Comments

The Boycott of Superman (Article) - 2/22/2013 5:19:33 AM

Unless the storylines become propaganda for his beliefs, I wouldn't automatically start a boycott. Just like what Liquids7 said, its possible to enjoy movies, songs, etc. made by certain individuals that have opposing real life views as long as they don't preach it in their particular medium.

This is an individual preference and each person should deal with it as they see fit. If I owned a comic book store, I wouldn't immediately announce I am not carrying the books he has written until I saw proof he is using them as a pulpit to preach his venom. I'm not pro-gay, nor am I anti-gay. I am for living your life the way you want to live it as long as you don't hurt anyone else. So if Card just makes good Superman stories, and leaves out his personal beliefs, then I don't see a problem.

Joel, I don't blame you at all for how you feel about your Eagles. I am a HUGE football fan (Go Steelers!) and I can't imagine what I would have felt if my team had taken Vick. But at the same time I think everyone deserves that second chance to see if they have learned from their mistakes. I was never a fan of Vick even before the dog abuse, and wouldn't want him on my team because I'm not fond of running QBs. But I think that he served the time that the courts said he needed to, and its ok to give him his chance at changing for the better. I hope you're able to reconnect with your team soon, I'd be lost without my Sundays in front of the TV.

The Walking Dead: The Suicide King Review (Article) - 2/11/2013 11:09:52 AM

I thought the episode was really solid. Action isn't always needed to make this show great. Glen's "tantrum" was perfectly justified and I don't blame him a bit for speaking his mind.

@ momitchell7: Despite Michonne's help, Rick is going to continue to keep people at arms length. She has acted strangely. She has withheld information. Rick has put a bubble around the group, and its going to take a lot for him to let others in.

I'm really excited to see how the Dixon brothers storyline goes, if it lasts long enough to go anywhere, that is.

Yoda Stand Alone Film? (Article) - 2/5/2013 4:44:53 AM

I'd rather stand alone movies that have nothing to do with characters from the known movie story line. There is so much that can be told in the Star Wars universe that we don't have to focus already established characters.

That being said, I'll be there opening day anyway.

Byzantium Clip (Article) - 2/2/2013 9:34:37 PM

I hated Interview With A Vampire and this one doesn't even look as that did. No interest whatsoever.

Duncan Jones for World of Warcraft (Article) - 1/31/2013 10:01:28 AM

The Warcraft lore is quite repetitive. (Insert villain's name) was once good, but has become corrupted and is now consumed by evil/revenge. The story of the Lich King is by far my favorite from the lore. Years ago when they first announced a movie, it was said they would not be using any of the characters from the lore as main characters for the film. I wonder if they'll still go that route.

Duncan Jones for World of Warcraft (Article) - 1/30/2013 6:54:48 PM

Haven't played WoW since before MoP came out. I would rather this be a CG film instead of live action. Blizzard has always made amazing cinematics and I could see a full length movie made the same way.

I may have to go check in on Undermine and see how the gang is. UoD for life.

Giamatti for Amazing Spider-Man 2? (Article) - 1/28/2013 8:00:19 PM

The first one Amazingly boring. With them stacking so much into this, I have a feeling it will fail to have any real substance and just throw images at the screen. They rebooted this franchise way too soon. It needs to rest peacefully for a while...long enough for it to go back to Marvel so we can get a truly Spectacular Spider-Man.

From the Vault: Made for TV Horror Films (Article) - 1/27/2013 12:20:25 AM

I remember the doll from Trilogy of Terror from my childhood. It scared the Hell out of me back in the day. I never knew they made a sequel. I'll have to check it out, although I'm sure its terrible by comparison.

Mania Review: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Article) - 1/26/2013 2:36:01 PM

I thought this looked liked another Van Helsing when I first saw the trailer. I won't be seeing this until its streaming on Netflix and I have a bottle of scotch handy.

Olympus Has Fallen Official Trailer (Article) - 1/22/2013 2:55:30 PM

I predict during the climax, Gerard Butler will be faced with saving another member of the First Family or letting them die to ensure the President's safety.

Does look good though.