All flyinroo's Comments

Seal Team Six: The Raid on Osama Bin Laden Blu-ray Review (Article) - 1/17/2013 12:06:21 PM

Zero Dark Thirty was an excellent movie. I can't say enough good things about it.

I watched Seal Team Six some time ago, and it was absolutely stupid. It was a long campaign ad for the President's re-election and little else. If our Navy Seal teams acted like they do in this movie, there would be nothing special about our forces.

If you haven't seen Zero, I highly recommend it. It was very well made, had great performances, and seemed very accurate and totally unbiased.

Snyder for Non Star Wars Movie (Article) - 1/14/2013 2:22:37 PM

My day is made. Hell, my year is made.

Mania Review: Texas Chainsaw 3D (Article) - 1/4/2013 4:57:16 AM

Being from Oklahoma, I can certainly say that loading up in a van with a bunch of my friends, and driving to Texas is not my idea of a good time. Longhorns and Sooners don't mix. Although I would be more worried about chainsaw wielding maniacs if we drove into Arkansas.

I never cared for the original Chainsaw movie, and I won't be watching this one until it hits Netflix.

Mania Review: Les Miserables (Article) - 12/25/2012 7:48:39 PM

The Neeson/Rush version was non-musical and fabulous. I don't think I can get into the musical, but I will eventually give it a shot, but I have low expectations.

I will say again that the Neeson version was a great movie to watch. Also starring Claire Daines, and Uma Thurman besides Geoffrey Rush.

Shock-O-Rama: Timecop (Article) - 12/22/2012 12:43:29 AM

I'm not a JCVD fan overall, but he did make a few films that I enjoy. Timecop was definitely one of them, and I really enjoy Nowhere to Run. And I absolutely get a kick out of Bloodsport and the ultra campy Kickboxer. There was a certain level of camp that his movies had that I could get into, but far too many took it to lengths that I couldn't dumb down enough to watch. Timecop and Nowhere to Run stand out as the closest to pretty good mainstream movies as he would ever come.

I also enjoyed Expendables 2, though his role was quite small over all, so it doesnt really count.

Best End of the World Movies (Article) - 12/21/2012 7:30:08 AM

The Road is an amazing end of the world movie. The most realistic I have seen, and I hear it wasn't even as harsh as the book.

Children of Men was a great movie as well, it may hav ended with a hopeful future, it showed a greatly degrading civilization.

All the movies above are great with the exception of Wall E. I really did not care for that one at all. I too LOVE In the Mouth of Madness. Always a huge John Carpenter fan.

I also really enjoyed The Book of Eli. I am always up for a Denzel Washington movie.

Episode VII Rumor: Return to Yavin 4 (Article) - 12/20/2012 12:27:56 PM

Many of the books were great reading, especially Zahn's. That being said, I agree whole-heartedly with Wiseguy on this. I absolutely do not care if they go in their own direction or follow the books.

All I want is that they make good movies this time around. I absolutely do not want these made as the sci fi versions of PotC, and I cant help but at least partially expect that to happen.

I actually wish thy were doing films that weren't related to the original story. The SW universe is huge and there is plenty of room to make some great movies.

Storage 24 Red Band US Trailer (Article) - 12/19/2012 11:45:45 AM

Looks ridiculous. But I enjoy watching trashy Sci-Fi from time to time, they can be good for an unintentional laugh. Doesn't bother me at all that Mania covers the B flicks, especially since you never know when one of those very rare occasions where one of these films turns out to be enjoyable.

The Lone Ranger Trailer #2 (Article) - 12/11/2012 11:17:08 AM

Only raised my interest a tiny bit. I would have liked a more serious take on these characters. I cant say that I have seen anything yet that will get me in the theater.

KAIJU ATTACK - Pacific Rim Viral Video (Article) - 11/29/2012 10:46:06 AM

Wow. I can't wait for this. Looks great!

FLYINROO'S MANIACAL PERSONA