|The Rules of our Community|
|Welcome to the Mania forums. If it was a perfect world, then rules wouldn't be necessary. That isn't the case. We're a laid back community but there are "certain" guidelines which must be followed if you wish to be a part of speaking majority instead of the banished minority. Let's face it, you all know the basic rules and principals of common society. Follow the obvious ones here and everything will be fine.
1. Don't post anything that's considered to be hate literature. That includes racist, sexist, harassing, or defamatory postings about an individual or group. This is a "no tolerance" rule. If you dislike someone, ignore them. There is a Ignore User option in your User CP. If your intentions are to inspire hatred, you will be banned and forgotten very quickly.
2. Don't use the forums as a means to sell or solicit unwarranted items. Don't spam in the forums or through the PM inbox system. If your sole purpose or wish is to advertise your product here at Mania, click on the main site and the advertising link there. If not, go use eBay. Spammers will be banned immediately while the spam is deleted.
3. No porn. If it can't be shown on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox in the primetime, it cannot be shown here. I can hear some people groaning while they read this but like the "swearing" rule, there are degrees of use here. If you don't pass a certain boundary like the networks above use, we can be lax .
4. If you choose to use a pseudonym for your handle, your real identity will not be revealed. This means you don't ever have to reveal your real name, location, or anything else if that is your wish. Be secretive if you so desire, Super Spy.
5. Don't post SPOILER information in a message unless the topic specifically mentions SPOILER material will be included in this topic. Do not put SPOILER information in the thread title. If a moderator has other rules on Spoilers as it pertains to their forum's rules, please follow them. Some people don't want to know all the surprises, so respect their wishes!
6. Remembering that this is a public forum, you can use whatever appropriate language you see fit in your messages. However, if you post obcenities for the sake of swearing, and there's no merit to your message, it will be removed. That doesn't mean "colorful" language can't be used in messages, as long as it's relevant to what you're stating and not abusing the purpose of these forums. For the most part, we're all adults here so we're lax on this one. Do not curse in the Thread Titles..no matter which forum it is.. Some forums have a "no swearing" rule for the obvious reasons of children may be viewing that forum, ie, Harry Potter.
7. You will notice that some forums have moderators designated specifically to them. If they put up a Rules thread designed for their individual forums in regards to SPOILERS, swearing , sockpuppets, etc..... follow those rules as well. These are general rules designed for the whole board.
8. Please keep in mind that although we are moderating and hosting these message boards, we cannot be held accountable for what is posted in them. Messages posted are the expressions of the user who wrote them and not necessarily the views of the site administrators.
Bans: If you are not following the rules above or the moderators' rules of their forums, you will likely be warned and consulted with by them and then the administrators. If the offense is horrid enough, you might just be outright banned immediately. We can ban you from individual forums or site wide. We can also decide if it's a temporary ban(from one day to 2 years) or permenant(you're not coming back). This will depend on the offensive nature which caused moderating action. The amount of time for the ban is at the discretion of the administator or webmaster.Note: Spammers will be banned immediately.
Moderators can be recognized by their Green usernames. The forums they cover can be found under the Forum Leaders link on the main index.
Administrators can be recognized by their Red usernames.
Like it was said above, we can be laid back and we wish there was no need for rules but it's not a perfect world. Basically, just be good to your fellow Maniacs here.
This is intended to be an entertaining and informative message forum. We're here to have fun and talk about movies and not make enemies. Aggressive, enthusiastic, passionate talk is just as welcome as quiet, to the point, reserved talk -- so respect each other. We're here as moderators to make sure it's a fun place for the greater whole.
Have fun. Be passionate about what you write. And enjoy the forums.
|This section contains lots of information about maintaining your own user profile, avatars and browsing options etc.|
|General Forum Usage|
|Reading and Posting Messages|