17 Comments | Add
Rate & Share:
- Series: Iron Man 2, Captain America: The First Avenger, Dredd (Judge Dredd), Dredd (Judge Dredd), Captain America: The First Avenger, Walking Dead, Green Hornet, Ant Man, Full Moon Fever, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, X-Men: First Class, Iron Man 2
FULL MOON FEVER Gets Director
Plus: X-MEN, WALKING DEAD, GREEN HORNET and more
By Rob M. Worley
December 13, 2010
Comics2Film: FULL MOON FEVER
Gerard and Casey's Full Moon Fever gets a director. Plus: Cool X-Men photos online. Walking Dead gets more accolades. Green Hornet gets a new poster and more. It's your Comics2Film 10.12.13!
C2F Quick Hits
- If you like the stuff you've seen from Steve Johnson FX's work on Jonathan Hensleigh's failed Hulk movie, click over to their facebook page for more artwork (featuring the Hulkster and his giant bug-man foe) as well as a video of the FX crew testing the animatronic skeleton - with a shot of the morphing arm transformation done as a practical effect!
- Marvel Chief Kevin Feige chatted with fans on the L.A. Times Hero Complex blog (which is presently being flagged by Google as a malware attack site...ouch). Characteristically tight-lipped Feige revealed little. He did say The Invaders will not be in the Captain America: The First Avenger movie, as previously reported. There'll be a trailer a trailer for Captain America in the new year (duh). Plans are still afoot to bring Ant Man to the big screen, "sometime [sic] after the Avengers." Hit Bleeding Cool for a transcript of the chat.
- Scott Pilgrim vs The World and Iron Man 2 are among the 15 nominees named by The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences as semifinalists for the Achievement in Visual Effects for the 83rd Academy Awards.
- Bleeding Cool has posted some images from sculptor Edmund Woodward's portfolio revealing the design process for the iconic helmet featured in the currently-filming Dredd movie.
- AMC's comic-based TV show The Walking Dead is one of 10 shows selected by the American Film Institute as the top TV shows of the year.
- Superhero Hype has revealed a new Green Hornet poster targeting Spanish-language markets.
- Thanks to AntoBlueberry for the submission.
New X-MEN: FIRST CLASS Photos Online
We've seen some X-Men: First Class photos online in recent months, but most have been fairly boring images of James McAvoy and co-stars walking around near Oxford. On the weekend, Comic Book Movie posted a number of cool photos from a set being built on Jekyll Island in Georgia. Revealed there are what looks to be an image of the Blackbird jet crashed on an island.
Here's one image, but click through for the rest.
FULL MOON FEVER Gets a Director
About a year back, Comics2Film at Mania reported that the graphic novel Full Moon Fever is in development as a feature film with producer Stephen L'Heureux's Solipsist Films. The 2005 comic, written by Caleb Gerard and Joe Casey involves a "space plumber" who runs into some nasty critters on a lunar outpost.
We recently checked in with L'Heureux about the project. The producer tells that the film now has a director attached.
Simon Hunter is set to direct the movie, which presently has a script written by Casey. Hunter is best known to genre fans for his 2008 film Mutant Chronicles which starred Thomas Jane and Ron Perelman.
Full Moon Fever, published by AiT/PlanetLar, finds a lunar waste disposal technician (read "space plumber") Zeke Kirby visiting Intercorp's lunar sci-station to unclog their zero-G pipes. However, when he arrives on the station he finds something has gone terribly, terribly wrong. It's not spoiling anything to tell you that there are werewolves involved.
Hunter is currently at work on Safe House which stars Lena Headey, Michael Ironside. Cameras are set to roll on that movie early 2011, so development of Full Moon Fever likely will be slow until later next year.
Rob M. Worley is the writer and creator of the all-new, all-cat kids comic book series Scratch9. Issues #1 and #2 are in stores now. Issue #1 is also available as a digital download via iVerse Media's iTunes app. Visit Scratch9.com for news and info!