All galaga51's Comments

5 Vampire Movies You've Never Heard Of (Article) - 9/16/2010 6:41:02 PM

Habit: "Larry Fessenden directs himself in this low budget psychological horror film... and the ferocious shagging begins."

Nice gig.

New PRIEST Trailer Online (Article) - 9/11/2010 3:15:30 PM

x-men in savannah?  interesting... "Honey, let's take a trip!"

3D or not 3D, that is the question... that I care nothing about.  However, my dad was on a boat in Chicago during filming... so I might just need to watch it to see if he was a speck in the film.

Abrams/Nolan Team Up (Article) - 9/11/2010 3:06:11 PM

DKnight ... Jonah is in no way the wrong Nolan, just a different one:  writer of the short story on which Memento was based - awesome.  Co-writer for The Prestige - awesome - and The Dark Knight - awesome.  All that PLUS JJ?  Sign me up.

But when did he start going by Jonah instead of Jonathan?

18 Cool Cosplay Costumes from Chicago Comic-Con (Article) - 8/22/2010 12:53:54 PM

Captain Hammer - That sure isn't much of a costume, but hey, it's accurate.
Clark - were you in the hospital or is that your entry bracelet for the con?
Dark Trooper - Widowmaker? That guy on the right? The kid?!? Ohhh, the gun. Yeah, I almost missed that.
Storm Breaker - That's a pretty bad-ass hammer, but I must say, that the "Dude" costume is spot-on.
Jubliee - I guess she decided to cut off her tank into a tube top... at least she hasn't let herself go.
Jedi Master - "You will let me touch your boobies. And afterwards you may touch my buffed head."
Supes - Evidently, this guy wanted to taunt Seinfeld with a different kind of puffy shirt.
Old Spice - I got a chuckle from this guy.
Tween Jason seems a little depressed.
Zombie - At least he'll work for his food... more than I can say for some deadbeats.
Wolverine - dang... not bad at all.
Wolverine 2 - um, remember that comment in X-Men? This is why. A for effort... ok, maybe a B .
Wonder Woman is wonderful.

LaBeouf Talks INDY 5 (Article) - 8/20/2010 11:52:11 PM

I think I was on the fence about Indy 4, I wanted to like it but I didn't.  Parts of it I wanted to hate, but were okay.  It could have been better.  It could have been worse.  I would entertain another one, but I might pay more attention to some reviews.

I would rank the movies: 1, 3, 2, 4... but I would need to see 4 again to say for sure.  It's been a while.

@Starlight, I've been to Houston, to "the End of the Universe."  One Starbucks is in a small strip mall, the other a stand-alone across the street which has a drive-thru.  I talked to one of the guys in the strip mall one.  He said the drive-thru across the street backs up most mornings so much, that he will run across, start taking orders about halfway back, call the orders to his store, run back, get the drinks, and deliver them before any of the cars reach the speaker box.  Oh and if you stand in the street between them, time does stand still.  ;-P

Bousman Counts 11 11 11 (Article) - 8/19/2010 6:49:18 PM

fft - I think the article should have said that he initially did not want to make it a numerology thriller... I could be wrong though.

Do we need a flag for spam button now?  [sigh]  And who wants an ed hardy handbag anyway?

DVD Shopping Bag: Star Wars on Blu-ray (Article) - 8/17/2010 8:19:58 AM

I want the original, untouched on Blu-Ray; bad effects with the good ones.  Oh yeah, and with Han shooting first.

The Summer Movie Recap (Video) - 8/17/2010 7:20:51 AM

I'm not sure why I posted as Anonymous - I'm logged in. - galaga51

Cloverfield Sequel on Hold (Article) - 8/9/2010 7:01:45 PM

Lump me in the "enjoyed cloverfied" category. High art? No. Fun? Definitely.  It could have use a little less shaky, but otherwise nice job.

Blair Witch was a piece of crap from the get-go and not just because it was low budget. That movie sucked ass.  "fft" hit the nail on the head.  Maybe it's the Boy Scout it me, but hell, even without a map, if you're lost, you keep going downhill until you find 1. water, 2. a road.  The acting/script w/e didn't do it for me.... at all.  But CF, good times.

As for a CF sequel, I would approve, but only if they went a different route.  Don't make it a first person, shaky cam film.  Make it a very different style, just with the same world, a la (Alien to Aliens).

Finally, Super 8... nice start, but not much else to go on.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Video) - 8/2/2010 4:35:00 PM

Part 2, Clip 3 and- and I took the room and about midnight or 1AM I started hearing a guy screaming. And I- I went- and it was coming from a window in the bathroom. I opened the window, and there's nothing but a narrow alley there. And I go uh... f***. And I go back to the bed and I start hearing a woman [???????]. And I know that it comes from the same place and uh... the rest of the night I watched the [???? of the Unit]. (laughter) I was so f***ing scared, I [????????]

GALAGA51'S MANIACAL PERSONA