All galaga51's Comments

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Video) - 8/2/2010 4:34:38 PM

Part 2, Clip 2 My favorite novel in the world is Frankenstein, and I'm going to misquote it horribly but uh- the monster says: I have- I have such- I have such love in me more, than you can imagine, but if I cannot provoke it, I will provoke fear." (laughter) And i think as a child- as a child I was dis[en]franchised from everything that wasn't a wall that was the wrong size, wronged by the wrong people and the wrong morale and the wrong rules. I felt completely outside of that, and I wanted some measure of control. And the measure of control I found was fear. But the reality that I feel is that fear is a very spiritual emotion, and in a world where we are so pragmatic and so materialistic, fear is the only emotion that allows even a sophisticated person with an iphone and a iPad and a car and a [cable?] to believe in something beyond. We are such skeptics that we find it corny to believe in God and angels and this and that or a spiritual afterlife, but the moment of fear makes our spirit so vulnerable that it allows us to believe in something beyond that. And it's very beautiful.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Video) - 8/2/2010 4:34:18 PM

This is the best I could do with a trnascript of part 2. I included every stutter that I could in case you're following along. I figured that would make more sense. Part 2, Clip 1 ... without a doubt, the heart of the job is to fill that blank page. That's the first step, that's the blueprint, that's the music on the- on the paper, you know. And then, I think the most beautiful part of the process for me is editting, because all the b***s*** is gone. You know- you- you have one movie in your head, you put it on page; you have another movie in your head as director. Now all you have is the movie that is left. You know, against budget, against an actor that never shows up, against a studio that is pressuring you. But finally you have- you started thinking, I'm going to build a mansion with a hundred rooms and a hundred windows. And then you end up and you have five rooms, five windows and a bunch of bricks, and that's the editting. The reality is there and you build what you can.

Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (Video) - 8/2/2010 4:03:43 PM

The word of the day is m*****f*****. classic. I'm working on a transcript of part 2. I'll post it soon.

INCEPTION Wins Third Weekend (Article) - 8/1/2010 7:38:28 PM

That sounds great Hudson.   While we're at it, can we have a walled off section in the back for those who want to check their phones at the movie?  Seriously, two hours of your life... nothing THAT serious is going to happen and if it does, enjoy those last stress free time that you have left in blissful ignorance.

But oh yeah, grats to Nolan and crew.  Good fun and well worth the two viewings.  Next on my movie agenda... TRON.  4.5 months and counting.

5 Rules for Comic-Con Cosplay (Video) - 7/29/2010 2:18:30 PM

Mayhem, her other powers are enthusiasm (1:53), flexibility (0:56 - DAMN!), martial arts (2:12) and the ability to persuade others to just hand over their weapons (1:32)! If that doesn't work, she'll just make fun of you (1:47 and 2:00). Great vid, Tara! Anyone going to Dragon*Con? Anyone?

SDCC: RED Panel Has Seniority (Article) - 7/28/2010 2:29:49 PM

I like this trailer much better.  Looks like it'll be worth a 100 minutes of my time.

14 Final Cool Cosplay Costumes from SDCC (Article) - 7/28/2010 2:25:03 PM

Overall, those are great costumes.  And yes, Girth Vader was worth a good ... belly laugh.  :-)

TRON: LEGACY Trailer #2 (Video) - 7/27/2010 11:02:32 PM

Inception - the midpoint of the year on the way to ... TRON: Legacy. Don't disappoint!

Comic Con Recap: Day 1 (Video) - 7/27/2010 11:01:35 PM

Hey Tara... coming to Dragon*Con?

Comic Con Cosplay Interviews (Video) - 7/27/2010 10:56:40 PM

I agree Rich got the better cosplayers to work with; although, I did like Darth Triple Threat. But it was a good bit. Let's see some more.

GALAGA51'S MANIACAL PERSONA