All goldeneyez's Comments

Rogue CUT from X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 12/21/2013 11:58:03 AM

... and Halle Berry is still in the movie, why?  I'm not that torn up at the loss of Paquin, however, Berry's take on Storm has always been one of the weakest links in the X-men films.

Wolverine Suit - X-Men: Days of Future Past (Article) - 12/17/2013 6:19:05 AM

Metal Gear Solid Wolverine?  I'm being silly, but I do like it.

Gandalf VS McKellen (Article) - 12/11/2013 5:24:07 AM

It's a Vine.  The sound isn't broken, there is a sound icon in the upper left corner of the video, click it & you should be able to hear it.  Basically Muppet Gandalf says "You Shall Not Pass!" McKlellen responds, "Please?" Muppet Gandalf responds, "Oh, go right ahead." McKlellen responds, "Thanks Gandy."

The Worlds End Blu-ray Review (Article) - 11/15/2013 6:16:54 AM

This was my least favorite one out of the trilogy.  I liked Shaun then Hot Fuzz and then World's End.  I'm with jedibanner, it just didn't work for me as well as the others.

Hot Fuzz was the weirdest movie to me out of the three only because for the first 2/3 of the movie, I was scratching my head like wtf is this, and the last 1/3 opened a can of serious whoop ass and made me love the movie as a whole.

World's End was OK, it just wasn't as great as the other two.  The ending didn't bother me, it fit the movie, it was just the rest that was like 'meh.

MALEFICENT: Teaser Trailer (Article) - 11/13/2013 11:53:16 AM

You know, this is the second time that I can think of that Angelina Jolie played a "dragon".  I know Maleficent is a fairy, but she turned into a dragon in the original Disney cartoon.  The other time was as Grendel's mother in Beowulf.

Episode VII Release Date (Article) - 11/8/2013 5:18:41 AM

I agree with Warcry, they need to push it back and release it in May.  It's already going to be different, no 20th Centurty Fox fanfare to start it out, the least they can do is mke the rest of it fit into the Star Wars experience.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: F.Z.Z.T. Review (Article) - 11/7/2013 11:55:13 AM

monkeyfoot I liked Green Arrow in the Justice League cartoon, and I like what they did with his character in the comics during the 70s.  With the caveat that I wouldn't want to have to get into a fight with an archer or Green Arrow of Hawkeye's skill, I still think they are outclassed agains super individuals.  I wouldn't want to take the bet between Green Arrow and Superman or Hawkeye and Iron Man (cut and paste any super being into those matchups).

The Arrow show is making me a believer though, and I will say I really liked the Green Arrow short they made that was part of the Superman/Captain Marvel vs. Black Adam direct to video cartoon that was made a few years back.  Also, Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes had a good little fight between Hawkeye and the Hulk I think if my memory serves me correctly.

3 New X-Men: Days of Future Past Photos (Article) - 11/7/2013 9:44:27 AM

It's a little weird to me that young Magneto would have armor in the past where old Magneto doesn't in the future given that geriatric Magneto might need it more... then again given his power level and familiarity with using it perhaps old Magneto wouldn't really need the armor.

Other than that, I thought it was supposed to be set in the 70s.  Did they really have body armor materials that sophisticated where they could be that thin in the 70s?  Maybe it's just thin metal sheets that allow him to propel himself through the air.  I'm thinking about this WAY to hard.

I'm with you Wiseguy, I'm still pretty excited for this.  I think I'm looking forward to Captain America the most, but I am looking forward to this

Iron Man & Hulk: Heroes United Arrives (Article) - 11/7/2013 9:37:16 AM

Yeah... I think that'll be a pass.  Animation was meh.  Dialogue was really awful.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: F.Z.Z.T. Review (Article) - 11/7/2013 6:25:00 AM

I misread the full season pick up news & thought it was for a second season.

So far, I like May & Coulson, but I'm not digging the younger characters that much.  A co-worker thought that Ward should be the youngest member of the team and everyone else should be grizzled vets with more experience. I kind of agree with that sentiment, most of the team look like they should be modeling for Abercrombie and Fitch.

I will say it was nice to have a non-Skye/Ward episode.  I really don't care about them that much.

Also for people who say this is a Joss Whedon show and that it takes time, Arrow didn't take this long to get it's legs.  By contrast, I've always hated the character of Green Arrow... or I guess the idea of achers in a super powered comic book universe (Hawkeye too) because his character is actually decent, but I digress.  The show Arrow, made me care about a character I've been ambivalent about.

MAoS is making me ambivalent about a character (Coulson) that I actually liked and a group I thought was interesting (Shield).

GOLDENEYEZ'S MANIACAL PERSONA