All hamyslamy's Comments

Mania Box Office Report: Into Darkness Soars (Article) - 5/19/2013 7:41:07 PM

I liked it a lot. I thought it was well balanced in terms of the pacing and the action to non-action scenes and the performances were good. This was my first exposure to Cumberbatch and I'm definitely a fan. Spock seemed off somehow. It felt like less Anton Yelchin, but that was a bonus for me. Interesting twists on the history which was fun for me as a fan and I think worked well for those not indoctrinated already. For future films I'd really like to see some original stories/villains though. Except for Harry Mudd as a sub-plot. That would be cool.

Avatar Update on 2 and 3 (Article) - 3/18/2013 8:19:56 PM

No way in hell Cameron should be comparing whatever he's writing to the depth and complexity of Tolkien. All that money got his brain screwed up.

Winter of '82: The Dark Crystal (Article) - 12/17/2012 7:55:38 PM

Loved this as a kid. I remember when I heard Jim Henson died. It's the only time I teared up over a "celebrity" death.

After Earth Trailer (Article) - 12/11/2012 6:45:24 PM

My problem with Jaden isn't so much him as it is the fact he's only in these films because of his parents. He's already done at least two films with dad and I believe they worked behind the scenes to get him in The Kung-Fu Kid. As a parent I'd probably do it too but how many other kid actors could you put in there and get the same result. Caveman is right, the kid just doesn't bring anything to the table. Rental.

BSG: Blood and Chrome DVD Release Date (Article) - 11/10/2012 1:55:07 PM

Had this series been made instead of Caprica it might still be on the air.

Star Wars Episode 7 in 2015 (Article) - 10/30/2012 7:57:38 PM

Can I book my room now at Jabba's Palace Resort Hotel? Or Ewok Village? Or Echo Base Resort Hotel? I think I Banth doo doo'd in my pants!

On a side note, is there some running joke I missed out on that Nathan Fillion has to mentioned for EVERY DAMN movie possiblity that comes up on this site? For serious now! Let it go!

Lone Ranger Trailer and Poster (Article) - 10/4/2012 12:26:59 AM

At first I was shocked, cause I saw Armie Hammer, but thought of the drill sgt from Full Metal Jacket. Then I realized that was R. Lee Ermey and it made more sense. Then I realized I was more interested in seeing this when I though R. Lee was the Lone Ranger...

Also, I'm a Depp fan but this was bad casting. Disney should keep him as a gay pirate. Everyone loves gay pirates.

Possible Thanos Lawsuit (Article) - 7/7/2012 11:58:49 AM

Of course he had no problem taking the paycheck back then. I'm sure he had no problem using characters other people created to tell his own stories while they received no compensation. Ironically, comic book creators will be the death of the industry.

HAMYSLAMY'S MANIACAL PERSONA