All hanso's Comments

Showing items 1 - 10 of 10,066

Star Wars Arrives On Digital HD! (Article) - 4/8/2015 9:28:21 PM

What will be interesting is if/how they manage a blu ray release for this year since Fox has rights to A New Hope.  My guess is that if there is any type of rerelease it won't be a bundle, the movies will be sold seperately on blu.

Star Wars Arrives On Digital HD! (Article) - 4/8/2015 9:24:21 PM

These are Disney digital releases except A New Hope which is still with Fox.  When you purchase the movies digitally you will receive 150 DMR points for all the episodes except ANH.  Also, ANH is the only UV title of the bunch, the others will be tied to your VUDU/DMA/iTunes account.

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/17/2015 10:00:31 AM

I haven't been as active the past few weeks (maybe even months?) as my interests have changed.  I no longer get excited about movie news that will happen 3-5 years from now, etc.  I focus now much more on the final product, and trying to see more films away from all the internet hype/hate.   I've found this to be much more enjoyable for me personally.  I'm also collecting movies now both in blu ray (close to 1000) and digital (close to 750) so buying/trading/selling aspect of the movie collecting game keeps me busy.

Anyway after reading the news yesterday, and thinking on it, I've decided that this is the end of the line for me regardless if the site continues or not. It feels like a good stopping point, going down with this version of the Mania ship and not with what it becomes in the future.

I've been here since 1998/1999 cause I remember seeing Phantom Menace trailer here.  I lurked for a few years, created a mostly inactive profile (which I can't remember), and then in 2006 finally decided to be more active and created the "hanso" profile which was a nod to my favorite TV show ever, Lost.  So I've been more involved with the Mania community for 8-9 years.  For me personally it's been a hell of ride, at one point the owner back then (Chip) wanted to ban me lol, and when management  changed I somehow got an offer from Rich Kuras to write for the site.  Crazy!  Btw, everything I ever wrote for the site was free, I never got one dime even though they offered.  When Rich/Jarrod left, Bot Trate hooked me up with some digital codes so that was the extent of my pay. The few things I contributed I did just for fun and to give back to the site that had provided me with hours of entertainment.  So, I want to thank the Mania staff for giving me a shot to contribute in some small way to a place I called home for many years, and for all the work they did to keep this place going.

Even though the site had its ups and down throughout the years, the main constant was the users and how enjoyable the comments section were, and the sense of community there was.  Even when it was trolls and people just rambling/repeating the same thing over and over again, everytime the same topic came up, it was still interesting to read.

Too many Maniacs to name and I don't want to leave anyone out, so I'll just say thank you.  Thank you for all the years of hitting the comment sections, expressing your opinions, and making the work day go a lot faster.  I enjoyed all of it, the good and the bad.  It was great getting to know some of you and sharing my views/opinions/experiences with you all.  I wish everyone the best of luck and hope all goes well with everyone single on of you.   So this is it for me but before I head out I leave you with this :)

The Dark Knight owns son!

Goodbye Maniacs (Article) - 2/16/2015 1:52:06 PM

Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 2/16/2015 1:37:14 PM

Jeez, I leave for a few weeks and you all can't keep the site open?  Damn shame.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2015 7:57:10 PM

That's what I wanted to hear Baz, something a bit different from the theatrical version.  Sounds like an extended version of the movie, I didn't want the theatrical and then some extra deleted scenes in the features.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2015 12:48:52 PM

Don't know of any of the actors playing Storm, Scott, and Jean except for the GoT chic.  Don't care either as long as the movie is on par with Days of Future Past which was awesome.  The "Rogue" cut should be dropping sometime this year with the extra Rogue scenes, looking forward to checking that version out.  Hopefully its an extended version and not just deleted scenes.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2015 12:45:15 PM

VGT, I love A Night At the Roxbury so I knew right away what you were talking about :)  Fun fact, back in the day when I used to work at a video store, the employees got to pick which movies got played on the store and there was a time for a few months where I would always play Night At the Roxbury during my shifts.  My coworkers got sick of it, but what was weird was that a lot of customers didn't know about the movie and I would say that 50% of the time that I played the movie someone would ask about it and rent it.  I'm still waiting for the movie to hit on blu ray so I can buy it.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 1/23/2015 6:32:52 AM

VTG, where they are standing that's a physical impossibility.

Golden Globes 2015 - Winners (Article) - 1/12/2015 5:40:59 PM

I don't get the love for Boyhood, I like the concept and seeing the actors age is neat but the movie is boring.  Nothing happens, nothing!

HANSO'S MANIACAL PERSONA