All hanso's Comments

Showing items 11 - 20 of 10,061
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 >  >>

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Looking Ahead at 2015 (Article) - 12/30/2014 10:10:43 AM

I'll be getting the Dog Soldiers - Scream Factory release, I'm not much into the Scream Factory releases because I don't dig horror that much but I do love the cover art and slipcovers they use for their releases. I think the only Scream Factory releases I currently have are They Live and UHF.  Thinkng of picking up Day of the Dead and The Fog tho.

Trate, you forgot to list Disney releases coming out in February/March.  If I'm not mistaken we should be seeing:

101 Dalmatians, Big Hero 6, Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Day, and of course in February Disney is releasing 3 Studio Ghibli titles:  Pom Poko, Tales from Earthsea, and Porco Rosso.

The Best Movies of 2014 (Article) - 12/30/2014 9:53:29 AM

Out of what I saw this yer, my top 5 movies were:

Interestellar

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Snowpiercer

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 12/25/2014 8:28:38 AM

Feliz Navidad, Merry Xmas, jo jo ho ho!

Santa hooked me up with Beats Studio Wireless headphones, now I can walk around like a dbag listening to "You can tell everybody, you can tell everybody, I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the man, yes I am, yes I am, yes I am."

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 12/22/2014 5:15:07 PM

@Monkeyfoot, the shows are not available at Netflix, and Hulu only has a few episodes of Korra, none of Avatar Last Airbender.  If you have Amazon Prime you can watch the entire series of the Last Airbender, and last I had checked they only had season 1 of Korra.  Nick(dot)com may have each entire series tho.

As far as where to start, definitely watch The Last Airbender first.  You will enjoy Korra a lot more if you do. You can watch Korra first but a lot of the characters are descendants of Last Airbender characters and you'll miss out on some cool cameos too.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 12/21/2014 10:53:25 AM

Shac, I'm not sure how many single comics were made but basically after the show they did 3 main story arcs, which got collected into a hardcover graphic novel for each arc.   Only two are out, the third one will be available February 2015.  Anyway, I suggest you go for the graphic novels as opposed to the single issues or even the softcover volumes.  The HC ts a really huge book and has notes from the writers alongside some of the panels which makes for an interesting read.  The 2 books currently out are:

Avatar The Last Airbender: The Promise & Avatar The Last Airbender: The Search

The last one which releases in February 2015 is called Avatar The Last Airbender: The Rift.

I've only read The Promise so far and it's really good, it captures the show perfectly.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 12/20/2014 4:41:36 PM

I came very late to the Avatar party, season 3 had wrapped up when I caught the first season Korra.  I then went back and watched the entire series of Avatar The Last Airbender which I absolutely loved.  After that I saw Korra S2 and Korra S3 when it reaired.  I binged the final season of Korra because I bought the season 4 pass on iTunes and caught everything up to the series finale.  The entire Avatar mythology has become one of my favorite things ever. I even bought the hardcover graphic novels, and will be getting Art of Avatar and Art of Korra for Xmas.  I'm currently obssessed with it, no other way to explain it I guess.

But to your point Wiseguy, I too have started to consume my TV like you.  I'll let the show build up in my DVR and then I'll sit down and watch it.  There are a few I try to watch every week if I can, like The Flash which is my favorite new show of the season.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 12/20/2014 9:37:43 AM

The Legend of Korra had its series finale yesterday.  I suggest anyone that has not seen this series give it a go.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 12/16/2014 1:02:49 PM

I watched the last season of Sons of Anarchy over two/three days so I could watch the finale live.  I loved how the series managed to sneak in almost the entire cast of The Shield into the show at some point, either with cameos or bigger parts.

I recently bought the extended editions of Unexpected Journey and Desolation of Smaug.  I'm hoping to give them a look before heading out to see Battle of the Five Armies.  Prolly the last flick I'll see this year as I don't get out much to the movies no more.  I had planned to watch a few more but the last one I saw was Interestellar, and before that I don't remember.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 12/13/2014 8:18:11 AM

Not 100% sure so I rather not say.  Let's just say its a sad bastard that missed me so much he created a profile pretending to be me, guess I'm the guy's idol.

And yes I did see Swaggy P, was hoping Kobe would pass Jordan last night tho.  Kobe & Swaggy are the only fun things about the Lakers this year.  Don't want them to win too much though so they can keep their pick for next year which is top 5 protected or it goes to Phoenix.

DC Comics Gay Character Revealed (Article) - 12/13/2014 4:29:02 AM

On another note, I really enjoyed TMNT much more than I thought I would.   Shredder was way too big tho, what the hell they gonna do for Super Shredder?

HANSO'S MANIACAL PERSONA