All hanso's Comments

Showing items 21 - 30 of 10,037
<<  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  >>

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/17/2014 7:27:45 PM

Carmine Falcone will pop in season 1 he is being played by John Dorman, or Major Rawls from The Wire.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Godzilla 2014 (Article) - 9/17/2014 8:01:08 AM

Never go by Wal Mart's site.  The site and store usually don't mirror each other, plus Wal Mart is so messed up and that the store won't price match their own website which is insane.

At the store it should be cheaper, but keep in mind that Wal Mart does regional prices sometimes which also cause price differences.  From what I can tell the GB price of $16 is standard at stores tho.

Just go and purchase it at Wal Mart with the coupon, and then return your original buy with the walmart copy.  Movies have the same SKU#s so for purposes of the stores they are the same thing regardless if you didn't buy them there or not.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Godzilla 2014 (Article) - 9/16/2014 6:34:37 PM

Red, yeah hopefully they keep on doing it, altho I'm running out of TV seasons to buy.  Btw, Toy Story of Terror and Son of Batman qualify as a TV season on the Best Buy site and they go for $15, so it's a good deal if you don't have either.

Also there is a manufacturer's coupon that knocks $5 off any ghostbusters release.  Walmart I think had the digibook (both movies) for $16 so you could've paid $11 for it :(  Not sure if you opened your movie yet or not, but perhaps google the coupon and rebuy, save yourself some $ man!

I got Godzilla for $15 now cause I sold the 3D disc for $8, so $7 for a day 1 release is music to my ears.

Forgot to mention I also picked up Spartacus Complete Series today.  Best Buy has a deal where if you buy 3 TV seasons they knock off 25% of each TV season.  That sale combined with the Godzilla sale too, so it was a sweet deal for me.

Blu-ray Shopping Bag: Godzilla 2014 (Article) - 9/16/2014 9:14:58 AM

Best Buy has an offer this week where if you pick up Godzilla and a TV series $14.99 and up they discount $10 from the regular Godzilla blu or $13 from the Godzilla 3D.

I picked up Godzilla, Arrow S2, Hannibal S2, Sleepy Hollow S1, and the Ghostbusters 4K release today!

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/16/2014 9:13:25 AM

Google Fox's Gotham Is Origin Story And Will Have a Christopher Nolan-esque tone, an IGN article should pop up where I think Fox's top TV guy speaks on the series and how they have access to everything.

I do agree that we won't be seeing Ra's for the time being but that don't mean Fox doesn't have access to him or any Bat character popping in Arrow.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Blu-ray Review (Article) - 9/15/2014 2:13:54 PM

I didn't know about ABC doing that, glad I don't have any of those shows on blu.

I've passed on getting Once Upon A Time because I'm holding out for the series to be done and purchase a complete set.  I'm hoping they do something similar to the Lost set.

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/15/2014 2:11:31 PM

Fox has access to everything Batman, they licensed all of it.

10 Heroes & Villains We Want to See in Gotham (Article) - 9/15/2014 8:41:50 AM

Harvey Dent and Hugo Strange will both be showing up on the show.  The creators of the show said they would deal with Arkham so Strange would be a part of that story, and that Dent will be Gordon's age in the show.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Blu-ray Review (Article) - 9/15/2014 8:37:55 AM

I hear ya but unfortunately it seems most people don't care if its blu or DVD, at least at the moment.  I'm telling ya, checkout a weekly ad and you'll see most of the time DVDs get featured more than the blus.

Also, take as example Fox.  Did you know they stopped making certain TV shows on blu ray, even after they've put out a few seasons on blu ray?  Instead they are going for DVD releases of those shows.  I sold my seasons of Modern Family because season 5 is only DVD and I had the seasons on blu.  They did the same with Bones, Always Sunny and a few others.

As to the upgrading, VHS to DVD now would be cheap I would think as opposed to doing it a few years ago.  Even now you can get great deals on blus.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Blu-ray Review (Article) - 9/13/2014 5:25:58 PM

DVDs are not going anywhere, I believe they sell more than blu rays still.  Go to Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and you'll still see a big selection of DVDs, sometimes they even have more than the actual blu rays.

Disney has started doing blu ray & digital HD for their recent live action (Thor 2, Saving Mr. Banks) but they still do blu ray, dvd for their animated releases (see their 8/12 releases: 3 Musketeers, Ichabod & Fancy Free, etc.) Next month Million Dollar Arm will be blu ray & digital HD only while Sleeping Beauty will be both blu & dvd.  Looks like they know the kids will want the DVD for them car rides.

I picked up the steelbook from Best Buy, sold the 3D disc so it wasn't too bad.  The steelbook was nice, still haven't played the movie tho, prolly tomorrow.

Btw, Walmart had 5 exclusive slipcovers for this release, which were way better than the regular slipcover of Captain America looking like he's going to take a dump.  For those that don't know the characters were Winter Soldier, Falcon, Black Widow, Nick Fury and Cap doing another pose.  The Black Widown looked cool cause it had a red border.

HANSO'S MANIACAL PERSONA