All hfc7036's Comments

The Strain: Last Rites Review (Article) - 10/1/2014 11:40:33 AM

As a fellow writer, I gave this episode a solid B.  Eph's message wasn't intended for a SCI-FI audience.  It was intended to reach people who wouldn't believe in Vampires.  It's perfectly written for that purpose.  Sunlight kills the virus may be all he needs to get a few more people to survive.  I think Eph is a well designed character.  No where near perfect, and his flaws make you wonder how everyone is going to survive.  But that's what makes the show.  You hate some, but you love others.  No one is perfect, and the conflict between the characters must be bigger and better than what I've seen so far, although there are some really great moments, like the gunfight.  Gotta wonder if all these characters will be worth the time.  Maybe the season finale will deliver the goods.

I did wish for some booby traps in the basement.  Some that would wound our main villain and give our eldest hero something to cheer about.

Shatner Confirms Star Trek 3 Role! (Article) - 9/29/2014 2:06:45 PM

After seeing X-Men: Days of Future Past, I can't imagine how they couldn't make this work.  Just as Professor Xavier had a message for his younger self, Captain Kirk of old must have a message to send his younger self, who seems to understand that he is not the greatest of star ship captains by telling Spock that the Enterprise needed someone that knows what they're doing.

Maybe that dang nexus will come back and finally give us William Shatner to close out the first trilogy.

James Bond for Episode VII Cameo? (Article) - 9/18/2014 2:51:02 PM

Star Trek was laced with cameos.  It didn't distract from anything really.  Took me a while to figure out who Hether Langenkamp was though.  Nice work!

Bond 24 Start and Release Date (Article) - 9/15/2014 4:53:36 PM

When is James Bond going to break Jack Bauer out of prison in Moscow?

First Look: New Superman Suit Spotted! (Article) - 8/21/2014 9:46:02 AM

This is going to be one of those deal where we already know everything about the movie before it gets out there. What a waste of time.

BIRDMAN - Official International Trailer (Article) - 7/31/2014 8:18:34 PM

This looks ridiculous good! I love this preview.  If it's Keaton, I'm checking it out.  Emma Stone and Naomi Watts can't be bad together.

BIRDMAN - Official International Trailer (Article) - 7/31/2014 8:18:29 PM

24: Live Another Day: 10:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m. Review (Article) - 7/25/2014 7:10:01 AM

I knew you wouldn't forget about this episode.  It was terrible, but absolutely great.  24 knows how to wrench the guts of its viewers.  This season did that more times than I can remember, and they did it in half the time.  Jack's rage after hearing about Audrey's death matches the rage he felt after Nina tried to trick him into believing his daughter was dead in Season 1's finale.  it was a nice arc that pretty much says, hey...  This could very well be an ending if Fox doesn't want to pick us up for another season.  Hopefully, we will see more, but only if the story is as strong as what we just saw in Live Another Day.

The Summer of '84: The Last Starfighter (Article) - 7/21/2014 7:00:33 PM

One of the great movies of the eighties or any era.  Absolutely amazing work!  SHOOT ALEX!!

The Atom for Arrow (Article) - 7/15/2014 11:46:07 AM

I liked Brandon Routh as Superman.  I think he's a pretty good actor with some learning to do.  I'll be anxious to see how he does with this role.

HFC7036'S MANIACAL PERSONA