All ignitethepages's Comments

Mania Box Office Report: Guardians Score 2nd Best Weekend (Article) - 8/11/2014 8:26:21 AM

Well, time for me to eat crow.  I  predicted TMNT would be the bomb of the summer and it looks like I will be wrong about that.

It seems that the bomb of the summer belongs to Brett Ratner and The Rock.

Marvel's Phase 1 & 2 - A Look Back (Article) - 8/4/2014 6:27:46 PM

Speaking of Sports it's almost time to draft my fantasy team.

QB Captain America

RB Quick Silver

RB Star Lord

WR Iron Man

WR War Machine

RB/WR Falcon

TE Thor

K  Hawkeye

Defense/Special Teams:  Hulk

Mania Review: Guardians of the Galaxy (Article) - 8/2/2014 1:00:13 PM

Just got back from seeing it, the wife and I both enjoyed it.

Makabriel, the fuss about making Ant Man a standalone movie is because Ant Man is part of the Avengers.  I agrree that GOTG works as a stand alone but the connection to the Avengers isn't as strong as Ant Man's.  What the audience wants to see is a universe where all these things exist and connect.  Marvel got out in front of all that desire and the brand has never been better.

When my parents, who know nothing about comics or couldn't care less about them, are willing to see a Marvel Movie opening weekend because they know it's Marvel and they will most likely enjoy it, you have something special.

Interstellar - Trailer #2 (Article) - 7/31/2014 3:52:21 PM

Looks good.

Into the Woods TRAILER #1 (Article) - 7/31/2014 3:50:17 PM

Is it just me, or did the music not fit the message of the trailer?

Mania Review: Guardians of the Galaxy (Article) - 7/31/2014 3:45:51 PM

So other reviewers are claiming this movie is up there with Cap 2 and Avengers.  Sounds like Rob is calling for a little bit of restraint.  Nonetheless, I'm still stoked to see this.

NEW The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Poster (Article) - 7/23/2014 2:46:31 PM

Laketown is so screwed.

Jurassic World & Guardians of the Galaxy Comic Con Posters (Article) - 7/23/2014 2:44:30 PM

Both look cool...though Drax looks like he's standing like a girl and Gemora has wolverine claws.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trailer - Knock Knock (Article) - 7/22/2014 6:24:34 PM

I'm still saying that this is the bust of the summer, but parts of it do intrigue me.

Mania Box Office Report: The Monkeys Shine (Article) - 7/21/2014 7:06:41 AM

Apes was terrific.  It may win for a third week in a row because of the strong word of mouth and the perceived lack of excitement for Hercules and the post-modern feminist version of Hercules.

IGNITETHEPAGES'S MANIACAL PERSONA